Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options

Supporters are encouraged to attend Friday's play-off semi-final in SE7 with admission priced at £3 for adults and £2 for over 65s and U18s, while season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members go free. 

All available tickets are situated in the West Lower - click here to get yours.

Those unable to make it to The Valley can watch all of the action live on CharltonTV as part of their monthly or annual subscription, or fans can purchase a one-off match pass for £4 by clicking here.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u18-play-preview-charlton-v-sheffield-united-0

• Options
    Is Kanu likely to play?
  • Options
    I hope we win today and Millwalls younguns win tomorrow, that’ll be a tasty final
  • Options
    I am looking forward to being there today, but a word of warning that Sheffield United are seldom a pushover at this level, but then again neither are we.
  • Options
    Wonder if train strikes will put people off, shame for the kids if that affects attendance.

I got my ticket but now looking at what routes I'm going to have to take instead as no trains 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Is anyone knowledgeable enough able to do a breakdown of the charlton team please ? Imagine most of us know who Kanu & Mitchell are. Plus, any names that we might see in the early pre-season matches at Welling/Dartford.
  • Options
    My knowledge is far from comprehensive, and please bear in mind that all young players can make mistakes and be inconsistent.
    A few from memory would be Zach Mitchell, a tall authoritative central defender or midfielder attacking from deep positions. Toby Bower diminutive yet stocky left back, can be a captain, delivers good set pieces and crosses, has precision in his passing play, will look to defend competitively. Henry Rylah is powerful yet sometimes coltish, has good pace and is a good crosser of the ball and can change games, high hopes for him. Nathan Asimwe a powerful looking right back, once in the groove he can do more than hold the fort he can make a difference too. Patrick Casey a prolific goalscorer, efficient quite slippery and simply seems to have ‘the knack’ if that makes sense. Daniel Kanu eager, competitive, often well marshalled yet can score for fun.

I mainly know these guys from U21 level, I hope another poster more familiar with the U18’s can add more.
  • Options
    I am sure this is already on here somewhere but I didn't realise it was 5pm.so may be able to make it. As a season ticket holder (last season and already bought for next) I should be free I think but on the website it says I have to pay when I put in my basket... Is that right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will take my season ticket and I expect that to be enough once past the hither and thither faff they always make you do.
  • Options
    My understanding is that before the game the Steve Clarke trophy will be awarded (I know who but won’t say). The award last year went to Henry Rylah.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    seth plum said:
    I will take my season ticket and I expect that to be enough once past the hither and thither faff they always make you do.
    Or instead of going through the hither and thither faff(which you seem to have already predicted) you could just purchase online for free and save the hassle 

Unless you like the hassle and arguments it causes you
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Or instead of going through the hither and thither faff(which you seem to have already predicted) you could just purchase online for free and save the hassle 

Unless you like the hassle and arguments it causes you
    Not really.
    I find the online stuff confusing and difficult. If I were younger it might be second nature but it isn’t.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    You still need to show your season ticket at the ticket office to get a free paper ticket. Get there early. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    You still need to show your season ticket at the ticket office to get a free paper ticket. Get there early. 
    Yep.
  • Options
    I am sure this is already on here somewhere but I didn't realise it was 5pm.so may be able to make it. As a season ticket holder (last season and already bought for next) I should be free I think but on the website it says I have to pay when I put in my basket... Is that right?
    When you go to checkout, providing you are logged in it should say £0.00 to pay 
  • Options
    Thanks. I am logged in and applied the ticket to myself and my kids. Wants £5.50.  must be an error but with it being wet out it is probably difficult enough I won't bother.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Thanks. I am logged in and applied the ticket to myself and my kids. Wants £5.50.  must be an error but with it being wet out it is probably difficult enough I won't bother.
    I had similar problems . OK for mine but when I logged into Mr F's account, regardless of the fact he's a season tkt holder, it charged me £2 + £1.50 fee so I bit the bullet & paid it to save any further problems today. 

Don't suppose the West Stand car park is open/free today ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    You were at the U21's the other day - you coulud have got them to print yours for tonight as I did.  No faff needed - simples
  • Options
    How is Jason Adigun improving these days?
  • Options
    Adigun always looks good and assured but is more a fixture in the U21s now
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    seth plum said:
    You were at the U21's the other day - you coulud have got them to print yours for tonight as I did.  No faff needed - simples
    I watched online. Had to pay £4 but it has been refunded.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mart77 said:
    Still no word on Casey signing a deal. Not good news.
    I’ve never known the club to announce u18s turning pro individually at this time of the season, much more likely to be a single announcement between May and July (with contracts probably signed some time before the announcement).

I wouldn’t expect the takeover to impact u18s signing deals, it’s not as if they’ll be on thousands per week.
    Also one benefit of us being rubbish and in league one is that these kids know there's a quicker path to the first team. Yes if the interest and money from a PL team is there then they could easily do a Burstow, but if they want to play first team football there's a very good chance they can get it here.
  • Options
    I just bought my ticket as a print at home so I have downloaded it to show them on arrival. 
    What could go wrong :(
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Great for Josh to be called up by Fiji.

Was almost hoping he'd represent them instead of England, when I first heard that his heritage was from there.

Could be facing United States | Ecuador | Slovakia
  • Options
    That first half was the best football I have seen from one of our teams in years - wonderful game.
  • Options
    That first half was the best football I have seen from one of our teams in years - wonderful game.
    Says the man who actually went for a pie during which time Sheffield United scored!
    Saw all our goals though :)