Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
    Lost 0-2 at home to Millwall, this morning.
  • Options
    Superb that Laqueretabua is back fit. Top player.
  • Options
    What a brilliant result for the lads !
  • Options
    Two assists from Kanu
  • Options
    Is the Premier League Cup the top cup which all clubs enter (IE I would have expected the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc to have made the SF... Or is it the cup for CAT B teams?
  • Options
    Is the Premier League Cup the top cup which all clubs enter (IE I would have expected the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc to have made the SF... Or is it the cup for CAT B teams?
    All of the top teams were in the competition.
  • Options
    Half time in the U18s Premier League Cup Quarter Final:

West Brom 2-2 Charlton

Charlton have led twice. Huke and Bower with the goals.
    Won 4-2. Patrick Casey and Josh Laqueretabua with the second half goals.

Sheffield Utd, Aston Villa and Tottenham are the other semi-finalists.
    When you consider the spending power and therefore the investment of the other teams in the competition that’s a pretty fucking brilliant achievement.  We know they are decent but to reach the last 4 is a massive achievement.  I’ll be at the next one if I can be!  Regardless of location 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Half time in the U18s Premier League Cup Quarter Final:

West Brom 2-2 Charlton

Charlton have led twice. Huke and Bower with the goals.
    Won 4-2. Patrick Casey and Josh Laqueretabua with the second half goals.

Sheffield Utd, Aston Villa and Tottenham are the other semi-finalists.
    When you consider the spending power and therefore the investment of the other teams in the competition that’s a pretty fucking brilliant achievement.  We know they are decent but to reach the last 4 is a massive achievement.  I’ll be at the next one if I can be!  Regardless of location 
    Also a signal that cutting/trimming the academy would surely be a bad thing. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    All of the top teams were in the competition.

Wow. What a phenomenal achievement from this group of players.  Even more reason for us to hope for a good takeover. There seems an extraordinary crop of youngsters already signed up and coming through in this group and if we could tie them down and get to the Championship then in a couple of years when they are making an impact who knows... Sadly in L1 the likelihood is they "do a Beale/Sarmiento"
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    clive said:
    Must be a worthwhile cup competition if Mitchell & Kanu were playing in it, as both our established with 23s now. I know the FA Youth Cup is the gold standard when it’s come to 18s football, but don’t really know a lot all about all the other various competitions we enter.
  • Options
    From what I have seen, this group has more potential than the couple of years above. Bower, Asimwe, Mitchell and Laqeretabua in particular.
  • Options
    Back-to-back defeats for the U18s. 1-4 at Watford last week and 3-4 at home to Bristol City, today.

Big game on Wednesday away at Cardiff City.
  • Options
    Meanwhile the u16s won 5-3
    Very entertaining game indeed 
  • Options
    Won 3-1 away at Cardiff City. Casey (2) and Rylah with the goals.

• Options
    The table after today's game:

• Options
    Great stuff, Young Guns ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The U18's will play at home against Aston Villa in their Premier League Cup semi-final.

The fixture list on the OS hasn't been updated, but it seems that the game will be played on March 11th. 
  • Options
    Won 2-0 at Ipswich Town, this morning.
  • Options
    Won 2-0 at Ipswich Town, this morning.
    Patrick Casey scored again 👍🏼
  • Options
    Could Casey get a first team look before the end of the season with Chuks out or too soon?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Could Casey get a first team look before the end of the season with Chuks out or too soon?
    Garner included him an EFL Trophy game earlier in the season didnt he.

Unused sub though
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I would have thought that Kanu is ahead of him. Looks a good prospect though.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah I'd expect Kanu on the bench and maybe Casey too now we just have Bonne and Leaburn 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah I'd expect Kanu on the bench and maybe Casey too now we just have Bonne and Leaburn 

Casey is not contracted is he?  Maybe they should wait till he signs something (assuming we are even offering any contracts given our ownership situation).