Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates (23/24 season from page 49)

Comments

• Options
     The top of the updated league table:

• Options
    according to BBC Football gossip page

"Two Manchester United scouts watched Birmingham City academy winger and England Under-16 international Trevan Sanusi, 15, on Monday. (Football Insider)"

on the day our lads beat them 5-1, hope the scouts only had eyes for Sanusi 

• Options
    Notice its Barnsley and Sheffield United who occupy the top two positions in the Northern Section

Seems to be a regular thing between us and Sheff Utd in the Play-Offs at this level, them or Wigan
  • Options
    The final at Sheffield last season had Leaburn scoring early and then appalling refereeing led to a penalty for them and then we lost.
    We owe Sheffield United one.
  • Options
    Lost 3-2 at Barnsley, today. 
  • Options
    Congratulations to the U18s. It is good to have some success even if it is the youth. A shame we have to wait for them (or some) to be ready for 1st team
  • Options
    Still no word on Casey signing a deal. Not good news.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Leaburn wasn't announced until mid July last year so it may not be the end of the world but with TS having lost interest the the new bid said to be a few weeks away from translating into a deal it isn't good timing for the likes of Casey and Kone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mart77 said:
    I’ve never known the club to announce u18s turning pro individually at this time of the season, much more likely to be a single announcement between May and July (with contracts probably signed some time before the announcement).

I wouldn’t expect the takeover to impact u18s signing deals, it’s not as if they’ll be on thousands per week.
  • Options
    The U18s conclude the regular league season at Bristol City on Saturday and will then host Sheffield United, who finished second in the northern division, in the national play-off semi-finals. Full information on a confirmed date and tickets for the clash will be announced once confirmed.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u18s-secure-league-title-coventry-city-win
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mart77 said:
    I’ve never known the club to announce u18s turning pro individually at this time of the season, much more likely to be a single announcement between May and July (with contracts probably signed some time before the announcement).

I wouldn’t expect the takeover to impact u18s signing deals, it’s not as if they’ll be on thousands per week.
    Don’t think he’ll be on mega money but he’s in demand. Fingers crossed somethings done and waiting to be announced.
  • Options
    Lets hope this is the beginning of a few Youth Contracts

Sounds about the right time of year given those who got Pro Deals a year ago
  • Options
    Yeah I'd expect a few of them over the next couple of weeks - hopefully Casey and Kone to follow. 
  • Options
    Rylah has both a lot of potential but a lot to learn, he has good physical attributes, but needs to finish growing, and at such a very young age he needs challenging experience in order to get even better.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    seth plum said:
    Rylah has both a lot of potential but a lot to learn, he has good physical attributes, but needs to finish growing, and at such a very young age he needs challenging experience in order to get even better.

Good point about the growing aspect of a players development Seth.
    One reason Joe Aribo was never at a professional club's Academy but the highly acclaimed Kinetic academy for 3 years was  he had potential but was all arms and legs and a centre back before being turned into a midfielder with good feet after his growth spurt. His mum also didn't want to change his school where he was settled on and off the field.

I have known about Deji Elerewe since he was under 10 and his coaches from that period and the guy who arranged his trial with Charlton at 13. It was great seeing Deji score the winner on BT live game in the play offs for Bromley. I knew Andy Woodman thinks that Deji is great and if Charlton don't want him Bromley or even Wrexham might be interested as he played well against the National League champions at Hayes lane last month.

Good luck Henry Rylah 👍
  • Options
    That is great news. Well done Henry and look forward to seeing him break into the first team squad soon. Casey, Kone and Laquertuna next please.  Is Enslin signed up already? I think Huke and Bower are..?
  • Options
    From what I have seen of Rylah, he is fast and tricky but also can deliver accurate crosses, unlike many of our recent fast and tricky wingers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    mart77 said:

MarcusH26 said:
    Club wanted to prove me wrong. Hopefully more to come in the near future.

Being a winger I can see him getting more chances in the first team next season. Probably the easiest position to break them in gradually.
  • Options
    Charlton's U18s will face Sheffield United in the Professional Development League 2 play-off semi-finals at The Valley on Friday, May 12th (5pm KO).
    Supporters can attend the last-four tie in SE7 to get behind Jason Pearce's side, with tickets priced at £3 for adults and £2 for concessions. Click here to purchase your tickets.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/details-confirmed-u18s-play-semi-final
  • Options
    My memory of watching the stream of the Sheffield United v Charlton under 18 game last season was they benefited from possibly the worst penalty decision I have ever seen
  • Options
    My memory of watching the stream of the Sheffield United v Charlton under 18 game last season was they benefited from possibly the worst penalty decision I have ever seen
    I was at that game & nobody watching or playing could understand how it was a penalty & the decision totally ruined the game.
  • Options
    I also watched it and the penalty was a farce. We owe Sheffield United for that one, but a note of caution in that Sheffield United are usually strong at development level.
    The Valley next Friday it is.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I also watched it and the penalty was a farce. We owe Sheffield United for that one, but a note of caution in that Sheffield United are usually strong at development level.
    The Valley next Friday it is.
    Tuesday & Friday at The Valley ! 

Need to get our Charlton "fix" before the break. 
  • Options
    The U18s lost 3-4 at Bristol City, this morning.

The other play off semi final now confirmed as Barnsley vs. Millwall.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

May have missed a goal or two along the way and don't know today's scorers but below is roughly correct.  Think I am right that Huke, Rylah and Bower are all signed up to contracts.

Casey 34 goals.
    Huke 16 goals
    Rylah 13 goals

Bower 10 goals

Enslin 9 goals
    Hand 5 goals

Anderson 4 goals
    Yamoah 3 goals
    Kanu and Myers 2 goals
    Hobden, Laqeretabua, Mbuke, Kedwell and Asiimwe 1 goal.
    Own goal 2

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Under 18s at The Valley on Friday in the semi finals

Tickets now on sale, link says adults £3 however season ticket holders are free if you are logged in on the website when you get your ticket(went to pay £3 and it said £0 to pay as I was a season ticket holder)

Edit: sorry didn't see @clive had posted this a few days ago 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ just got the email today from the club 
  • Options
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/asiimwe-i-couldnt-wait-get-and-prove-myself

Asiimwe on his league debut. Only turned 18 in December so still only a 2nd year u18.