Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Forest Green | Carabao Cup 19/20 R1 | 13/08/19 | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Would have been a decent game ffs
    Would it?
  • Options
    I predicted 6-2, so quite close at 5-3.

And Sarr was superb of course.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Forest Green Rovers deserved it. They out fought us  outteamed us and outplayed us and we missed a pen. Great save from their keeper first half.
    Lapslie probably our best player but it was pretty much piss poor.

He was the worst player on the pitch from where I was sitting. Awful passing going forwards. Can't or won't tackle. Sam Field looked good in the second half.
  • Options
    Would we have got the same game? Arent the numbers alphabetical?

common assumption that the team you go out to gets the game you would have got.... but is that actually the case?

(probably is - I’m just wondering we never heard it confirmed)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Tonight proved that the correct 11 started against Stoke.
    Naby was our best player.
    Shame that Bonne who had a good penalty record at Orient didn't take the pen in normal time.
    Amos had a good game in 90 mins but couldn't stop any pens.
  • Options
    Agh the magic of the cup..,,,
  • Options
    If taking a penalty ahead of a penalty taking striker, make sure you connect with the ball properly!
  • Options
    Only thing that has slightly annoyed me, and I mean slightly, is that we would have been at Bournemouth. 

Have just moved to Southampton to work at St Mary's, would have been I bloody deal given they were drawn away. 

• Options
    Tonight proved that the correct 11 started against Stoke.
    Naby was our best player.
    Shame that Bonne who had a good penalty record at Orient didn't take the pen in normal time.
    Superb analysis  :-)
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    even though we put a second team out, should of had enough to beat FGR, who themselves put a weakened side out, players like JFC, Bonne, the 2 full backs did not cover themselves in glory. We must sign another rb to cover solly, as wiredu is not up to champs standard
    Said before the match I'd start Oshilaja at right back to see how he fares. Wiredu not likely to be used so not much was gained from it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away at Bournemouth would have been excellent and some of our first teamers would have enjoyed the experience too.  An opportunity missed; we inly had to beat Forest Green Rovers second string! Jeez
  • Options
    Talal said:
    IR94 said:
    even though we put a second team out, should of had enough to beat FGR, who themselves put a weakened side out, players like JFC, Bonne, the 2 full backs did not cover themselves in glory. We must sign another rb to cover solly, as wiredu is not up to champs standard
    Said before the match I'd start Oshilaja at right back to see how he fares. Wiredu not likely to be used so not much was gained from it. 
    Not sure how Oshilaja would fare at rb, considering his ahrdly played there before in lg1 let alone championship
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Talal said:
    IR94 said:
    Not sure how Oshilaja would fare at rb, considering his ahrdly played there before in lg1 let alone championship
    Right, so it would've been a game to see. 
  • Options
    What was Bonne like ?
  • Options
    Congratulations Forest Green. JFC is a bit shite really isn’t he?
  • Options
    Away at Bournemouth would have been excellent and some of our first teamers would have enjoyed the experience too.  An opportunity missed; we inly had to beat Forest Green Rovers second string! Jeez
    Bugger! Just up the road for me.
  • Options
    Can see Lapslie and Morgan being loaned out pretty soon, sad to see JFC a shadow of his former self.

His penskty aside Bonne was a big disappointment for me on that evidence, but then he’s not proven at league 2.

Thank goodness that wasn’t our first team out there tonight, 15 quid was a mickey take, should have been a tenner.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    What was Bonne like ?
    Not quick, strong or clever on the ball. Not sure what he offers at this stage
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    What was Bonne like ?
    Not all that according to the players marks and the intermittent stream I watched for about an hour. Not much of a first touch.
  • Options
    Forrest Green Rovers have just been drawed away at Bournemouth
    Ffs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not really worth setting my alarm for 0445 and waking up to follow the match thread for, I am genuinely gutted when we lose in any competition. 

Would have liked a trip to Bournemouth but not to be, today is guaranteed to be a day when I bump into a random Charlton/FGR fan down under now! 
  • Options
    Bonne to me is a 5th choice striker, a sort of replacement for the likes of Reeco, Umerah, Hanlan etc that you bung on for the last 5 minutes if desperate

Bear in mind that last season he played a division below most of the FGR players on show tonight
  • Options
    Not too bothered about losing, sounds an incredibly flat performance though which is never good.

We are seemingly dreadful in cups, for a size of our club we never seem to get a big team away for a day out or even one at the Valley. Why is that? Because you've got to get past the first bloody round

A word on JFC as well, not impressed by him at all. Looks way off the pace and i may be being harsh here but i suspect its because he's simply not good enough.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    What was Bonne like ?
    Not quick, strong or clever on the ball. Not sure what he offers at this stage
     A very good penalty... Reeks of a Driesen signing so far, however could be that Bows and Gallen got one wrong.
  • Options
    Not too bothered about losing, sounds an incredibly flat performance though which is never good.

We are seemingly dreadful in cups, for a size of our club we never seem to get a big team away for a day out or even one at the Valley. Why is that? Because you've got to get past the first bloody round

A word on JFC as well, not impressed by him at all. Looks way off the pace and i may be being harsh here but i suspect its because he's simply not good enough.
    Deffo agree with this, he always seemed to come across like he thinks his better than he actually is, or cant seem to understand his own limitations as a player
  • Options
    Glad I just read the match thread
  • Options
    Bonne to me is a 5th choice striker, a sort of replacement for the likes of Reeco, Umerah, Hanlan etc that you bung on for the last 5 minutes if desperate

Bear in mind that last season he played a division below most of the FGR players on show tonight
    Others like Jamie Vardy have come from Non-League to impress though so nothing to say Bonne cant do the same
  • Options

He deffo was dreadful tonight, but you couldnt fault his effort, which probably makes it worse, because even when trying his best you could see he was out of his depth (unlike Aneke, Field who seemed to just take the game as a fitness builder)