Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    We are clearly not playing to his strengths. But can we afford to start doing so in the hope he comes good? Or do we play to our strengths and use him as a bit part player. Having said that we need to improve anyway. I think he would improve if and when he gets the chance to play with Williams anyway. 
  • Options
    We are clearly not playing to his strengths. But can we afford to start doing so in the hope he comes good? Or do we play to our strengths and use him as a bit part player. Having said that we need to improve anyway. I think he would improve if and when he gets the chance to play with Williams anyway. 
    Well we passed the ball well enough as a team on Tuesday night for him to be effective

All too often on Saturday we once again saw the front two left exposed because the Strikers weren't winning long balls so the Midfield couldn't support them, either that or the ball was being played out to the flanks far too often where Doughty and Matthews struggled to put a decent enough cross in, partly because the Blackburn full-backs did a good job nullifying them

It was my one complaint about McGeady, prefer Williams or Oztumer in that forward midfield role, but its early days
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Well we passed the ball well enough as a team on Tuesday night for him to be effective

All too often on Saturday we once again saw the front two left exposed because the Strikers weren't winning long balls so the Midfield couldn't support them, either that or the ball was being played out to the flanks far too often where Doughty and Matthews struggled to put a decent enough cross in, partly because the Blackburn full-backs did a good job nullifying them

It was my one complaint about McGeady, prefer Williams or Oztumer in that forward midfield role, but its early days
    Couple of times I noticed on Saturday that Taylor had the ball out wide he wanted to get the ball in the box, but couldn’t because nobody was in there. One one of those occasions I noticed that Hemed was well out of the game - even Doughty was ahead of him. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Couple of times I noticed on Saturday that Taylor had the ball out wide he wanted to get the ball in the box, but couldn’t because nobody was in there. One one of those occasions I noticed that Hemed was well out of the game - even Doughty was ahead of him. 
    Was it in the first half? - If so might have been the occasion when Hemed had tracked back and was effectively playing Left-Back because no one else bothered to pick up the Blackburn player

Of course both Doughty and Taylor have pace so can get back up the pitch a bit quicker which is one of Hemed's issues
  • Options
    I think Davison has been a bit unlucky. He had one difficult game (at Preston?) and was left out. He'd played really well against two sets of very capable West Brom defenders prior to that and was in decent form.

LB doesn't want to expose youngsters to the relegation fight but they give us a lot of energy and that can rub off on the rest of the team. Not everyone can play and maybe it's time to give Hemed a kick up the bum by selecting Bonne to start and Davison on the bench. 
  • Options
    I'm not going to have a go at Hemed for lack of effort as I believe he is trying his best. 
    Unfortunately some players age quicker than others and at 32 I believe his best days are well and truly behind him.
    If he doesn't score a single goal for us it wouldn't suprise me.
    Either way going forward we need better than Hemed next season especially if Lyle leaves. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I think Davison has been a bit unlucky. He had one difficult game (at Preston?) and was left out. He'd played really well against two sets of very capable West Brom defenders prior to that and was in decent form.

LB doesn't want to expose youngsters to the relegation fight but they give us a lot of energy and that can rub off on the rest of the team. Not everyone can play and maybe it's time to give Hemed a kick up the bum by selecting Bonne to start and Davison on the bench. 
    Davison has been ear marked for heading out on loan though (surprised its not already happened with someone like Bromley) so dont see him being involved this season now
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Was it in the first half? - If so might have been the occasion when Hemed had tracked back and was effectively playing Left-Back because no one else bothered to pick up the Blackburn player

Of course both Doughty and Taylor have pace so can get back up the pitch a bit quicker which is one of Hemed's issues
    Yeah, both of these occasions were in the first half. I’m probably being a bit harsh if he had to track back. It’s so frustrating though because you want bodies in the box and ideally you want them to be your strikers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Waste of space, offers nothing, lardy, lazy and lame.
    Lardy? The bloke is a unit but it isn't fat.

How anyone can pick apart his performance from Saturday when the whole team was shite and just playing long ball football in storm conditions is beyond me. When we played a slick, passing game at Forest he was a handful. Yet another example of Charltonisng a striker simply we do not play to his strengths.
    I think Hemed is surely going to take The Morgan Fox award for scapegoat of the year at the POTY dinner this season. Seems that people can't wait to dig him out as useless and past it whenever he doesn't have a decent game. It's weird.
  • Options
    Hemed played nearly every game for Brighton when they got promoted and scored 13 goals that season, and scored 17 the season before that. you don't start 30+ games for a top 2 side in the championship without having a bit about you
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored 87 goals in 4 seasons for Chelsea, then 33 goals in 2 seasons for Boro before joining us...
    JFH was 34, overweight, clearly uninterested and looking for a final payday when he joined us. I don't get that impression with Hemed at all
    I wasn't suggesting that Hemed is like JFH BUT rather that just because a player used to be good, doesn't mean that they are still good.

Hemed was very effective for Brighton between 2015 and 2017, that's 3 years ago and players can lose sharpness. JFH was still decent the season before he joined us
  • Options

I didn't think he was particularly effective against Forest, he just played better than he has done on every other occasion. 

We should try to improve as a team, but IF Hemed doesn't suit the way we play, he needs to be dropped as he isn't good enough for us to change the way we play. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I really don't understand human beings sometimes. 

I'd have Bonne and Green start up top over Hemed as I think they are more dynamic and offer better options then Hemed currently does. However we have all seen what Hemed can do when you get the ball into his feet, and it's not a shock he played his best game for us when Oztumer was playing. As a side I believe we tend to play our best passing football with him playing.

I could understand people having the viewpoint that he has been below average for us and could see how they could make a case for that. However to take time out of your day to come onto a forum and post about how you think he is fat, lazy, crap etc, just feeds into the whole narrative about how social media can have negative effects on humans mental state.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I think I’d rather have Josh Davison ahead of Hemed. Maybe Hemed will come good, but we aren’t in a position to give him time. I’d like to see Taylor and Bonne start and Hemed and Davison on the bench. One thing is for sure, lose Taylor and Bonne to injury and we will be relegated. 
    You are joking?
    Anyone who can not see Hemed is decent and we clearly don't play to his strengths I do wonder what game they are watching.
    Davison over Hemed? Jesus
  • Options
    I think I’d rather have Josh Davison ahead of Hemed. Maybe Hemed will come good, but we aren’t in a position to give him time. I’d like to see Taylor and Bonne start and Hemed and Davison on the bench. One thing is for sure, lose Taylor and Bonne to injury and we will be relegated. 
    You are joking?

Anyone who can not see Hemed is decent and we clearly don't play to his strengths I do wonder what game they are watching.

How can we see he is decent? What evidence do you have that he is? 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You are joking?

Tell me what game Hemed has been decent in? - His performance at Forest has ok I guess.  Davison offered more in terms of work rate and as a goal threat in the games he has played. So I am fully aware of what games I have been watching. So yeah Davison over Hemed. I’d rather have Sarr up front than Hemed.
    I am not suggesting that Davison is the answer,  I just think he is a better bet than Hemed. 
  • Options
    Hemed may have a few neat touches, but so far has zero goals and zero assists so there isn't an awful lot of end product.
  • Options
    You are joking?

Tell me what game Hemed has been decent in? - His performance at Forest has ok I guess.  Davison offered more in terms of work rate and as a goal threat in the games he has played. So I am fully aware of what games I have been watching. So yeah Davison over Hemed. I’d rather have Sarr up front than Hemed.
    I am not suggesting that Davison is the answer,  I just think he is a better bet than Hemed. 
    "Sarr upfront over Hemed" - End of debate for me. Unbelievable.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    You are joking?

So Hemed never scored goals in this league for QPR and Brighton?
    Some of the service he has received has been utter dross. We do not play to his strengths it's as simple as that.
    Anyone that calls him lazy, overweight etc I'm sorry but what are they watching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are joking?

You obviously see something in Hemed that others don't. 
    He was a decent player a couple of years ago there's no denying that.
    But he was poor last season one so far this season he has 
    Zero goals 
    Zero assists.
    All about opinions I guess. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You are joking?

The Sarr comment was tongue in cheek. Relax. Mind you Sarr has scored more goals in 10 mins upfront than Hemed has in his Charlton career. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You are joking?

So Hemed never scored goals in this league for QPR and Brighton?
    Some of the service he has received has been utter dross. We do not play to his strengths it's as simple as that.
    Anyone that calls him lazy, overweight etc I'm sorry but what are they watching.
    He doesn’t play for QPR or Brighton now though does he? Maybe we don’t play to his strengths - if that’s the case then either he has to adapt or doesn’t play.
  • Options
    Did Taylor play any better then Hemed at the weekend? I don't think so.
    Let's get this straight here. I would have Bonne and Taylor as my 2 strikers.
    Did we look any better when he come off Saturday or are we going to ignore that fact we didn't and people use him as a scapegoat?

I have not seen Hemed play and I think he is s***.
  • Options
    Did we look any better when he come off Saturday or are we going to ignore that fact we didn't and people use him as a scapegoat?
    Yeah but he ran about more, and that seems to be a lot of fans metric of what makes a good player or not.
  • Options
    "play to his strengths"
    OK
    genuine question: What has anybody identified as a footballing strength yet displayed by Tomer Hemed?
  • Options
    One acceptable performance, Forest away. I was saying get rid in January if possible.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    One acceptable performance, Forest away. I was saying get rid in January if possible.
    One acceptable performance which came in just his second start of a season which has been blighted by a lack of pre season and injuries

We saw with Karlan Grant what happened when you eventually put faith in a player by starting him every week - And dont tell me Grant showed promise because half the forum wanted rid of him that summer simply because they felt he wasnt good enough for League One football
  • Options
    Yeah but he ran about more, and that seems to be a lot of fans metric of what makes a good player or not.
    Funnily a few of us used to defend Simon Church as a Footballer - those who didnt rate him claimed they could do better because all he did was run around a bit