Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Hemed played nearly every game for Brighton when they got promoted and scored 13 goals that season, and scored 17 the season before that. you don't start 30+ games for a top 2 side in the championship without having a bit about you
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored 87 goals in 4 seasons for Chelsea, then 33 goals in 2 seasons for Boro before joining us...
    JFH was 34, overweight, clearly uninterested and looking for a final payday when he joined us. I don't get that impression with Hemed at all
    JFH was utterly useless for us. 
  • Options
    Hemed played nearly every game for Brighton when they got promoted and scored 13 goals that season, and scored 17 the season before that. you don't start 30+ games for a top 2 side in the championship without having a bit about you
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored 87 goals in 4 seasons for Chelsea, then 33 goals in 2 seasons for Boro before joining us...
    JFH was 34, overweight, clearly uninterested and looking for a final payday when he joined us. I don't get that impression with Hemed at all
    From his social media it appears Hemed is committed to getting fitter. I think he’s a good option for us.
  • Options
    Hemed will come good. I'm pretty confident of that. Reckon by the end of the season he'll have a handful of goals and will be looking sharp and we'll mostly want him to sign a new deal.
    Agree
  • Options
    Hemed will come good. I'm pretty confident of that. Reckon by the end of the season he'll have a handful of goals and will be looking sharp and we'll mostly want him to sign a new deal.
    I think you may be proved right 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    From his social media it appears Hemed is committed to getting fitter. I think he’s a good option for us.
    That's very good of him as the season finishes in 3 months :smile:
  • Options
    He is clearly not at his best, and out of contract in June but unless two marquee striker signings are added to Lyle (and Bonne/Davison), I'd be happy to see him off the bench on a two year deal.
  • Options
    He is clearly not at his best, and out of contract in June but unless two marquee striker signings are added to Lyle (and Bonne/Davison), I'd be happy to see him off the bench on a two year deal.
    Seriously? Hemed was signed as a fairly cheap and available option when Roland was in charge of the purse strings. Surely we can do better in the summer under ESI?
  • Options
    Seriously? Hemed was signed as a fairly cheap and available option when Roland was in charge of the purse strings. Surely we can do better in the summer under ESI?
    Yes. Classic point is the 1st part of your user name. Hales went to Derby where they played the ball to him with his back to goal.  He was useless.  Play to a strikers strengths and he will be effective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bow plays with 2 strikers which means we need 4 in the squad. Strikers are the hardest players to acquire and generally most expensive. We are already gonna need at least 1 in the summer, likely 2 with one of them having to be a really top class player to replace Taylor. I would be quite happy with him on a 1 year deal as a backup option injury cover either off the bench or as rotation etc. 
  • Options
    Once he gets a goal I think he will come good - His hold up play is getting better & is linking with the midfield quite well. Would be nice to see him start a couple more games with Taylor to see if anything improves. Although im not sure whether he deserves a new contract on previous performance/fitness. 
  • Options
    I was expecting alot more from him to be honest. Not sure he's been fully fit all season and has subsequently struggled.

He doesn't offer much for me and I'd 100% have Bonne starting with Taylor if fit
  • Options
    Best he has played at Forest   . But faded badly second half and is so slow getting his shot away . Bonne over Hemed all day long .
  • Options
    He's 32 now and it's clear his best years are behind him. Still a useful squad player who might get a goal or two before the end of the season 
  • Options
    I think you’re right, Hemeds only 32.
  • Options
    Hemed is frustrating. It is clear from his touch and instinct, especially when you watch him live rather than on the telly, that he has been an excellent player. But it is equally clear to me at least that he is a busted flush. He is simply not fit enough to play at this level and doesn’t look to me, despite recent improvement, that he will be anytime soon. I take back some remarks I made a few games ago that he didn’t look bothered. He looked bothered on Tuesday night but his lack of fitness meant that when he got the ball he was too knackered to do anything with it and he just wouldn’t chase down his man despite Taylor’s constant cajoling. The fact that he was up there alongside Taylor gave us a much more positive shape and helped out our midfield and defence. A fully fit and firing Bonne though would allow us to retain that shape and offer so much more in terms of running and fitness (and hopefully finishing ability too). New contract? You’re having a 🦒 
    this is exactly how i see it 
  • Options
    I’m not convinced about him and it doesn’t help that we have Bonne making his way back. I thought he was crap but he stepped up on Tuesday and looked part of the team for the first time, but that’s just the way I see it. He probably just needs a goal. Maybe today will be the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Felt he doubled Taylor’s workload yesterday as well.  He’s tried to do a bit of running since he returned from injury in Jan and looked like he wants to work for the team (in his own way), but the modern game is just far too quick for him.  I’d be amazed if he scores between now and the end of the season 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Felt he doubled Taylor’s workload yesterday as well.  He’s tried to do a bit of running since he returned from injury in Jan and looked like he wants to work for the team (in his own way), but the modern game is just far too quick for him.  I’d be amazed if he scores between now and the end of the season 
    Hope you are wrong but signs suggest not. 

If Bonne is fit, he has to partner Lyle 
  • Options
    Genuinely do not know what he offers. Just completely anonymous.
  • Options
    I think he is trying but he is either woefully unfit, past his best or both.
  • Options
    I have always backed the players we’ve brought in under Gallen and Bowyer and on paper it looked like a decent signing.  Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given he was injured when he joined us, but agree with Tom.  Anonymous and struggle to see how he fits into any sort of game plan 
  • Options
    Rubbish but loads of positive fans on here kept telling us his displays were encouraging. Ha.
  • Options
    Waste of space, offers nothing, lardy, lazy and lame.
  • Options
    Was disappointed with him yesterday after his performance against Nottingham Forest

Only difference between the two games was the fact I felt we started playing long ball again yesterday (Its clear it doesnt suit him) whereas we'd played the ball to his feet more on Tuesday

Yes he's had more bad performances than good, but Forest showed me there is a player in there IF we play to his bloody strengths
  • Options
    I think there  (well there clearly used to be) is a decent player in there .
    I know I’m on my own here but I’d rather him than Bonne for the remaining games , even though clearly Bonnes goalscoring exploits thus far put him streets ahead of Hemed in the contribution stakes .

• Options
    I think I’d rather have Josh Davison ahead of Hemed. Maybe Hemed will come good, but we aren’t in a position to give him time. I’d like to see Taylor and Bonne start and Hemed and Davison on the bench. One thing is for sure, lose Taylor and Bonne to injury and we will be relegated.