Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading (A) Tickets - 2,219 (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    pubs trains plan

11.30 out of paddington then whatever pub will have us, seem to remember the one next to the station being popular last time. 
    Best pub in Reading is the Nags Head
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I was there in Nov 2014 when we took a shade over a thousand and won 1 nil, where have all these extra people come from?
    We seem to have a large 18-22 year olds now going away so maybe just them being at an age to travel. 

Whatever im not knocking it and long may it continue 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I was there in Nov 2014 when we took a shade over a thousand and won 1 nil, where have all these extra people come from?
    Quite near the start of RD's reign, and things were relatively positive then after a reasonable start to the season under Bob (got no hair) Peeters. Amazing how quickly things would go sour really
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    CAFCTrev said:
    Quite near the start of RD's reign, and things were relatively positive then after a reasonable start to the season under Bob (got no hair) Peeters. Amazing how quickly things would go sour really
    Great cross from Solly that day for Igor to score the only goal of the game IIRC.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    We seem to have large 18-22 year olds now going away 
    Krispy Kreme mob. Lazy fat f**ks
  • Options
    Oi...less of the asterisks!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Great cross from Solly that day for Igor to score the only goal of the game IIRC.
    Yep. I also remember fondly a rousing chorus of “full kit wanker” to an unfortunate Reading fan clearly visible to us. 🙂
  • Options
    Seen a full kit w⚓️ at  Birmingham why doesn’t someone tell them to stop .....? 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    RedChaser said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Yep. I also remember fondly a rousing chorus of “full kit wanker” to an unfortunate Reading fan clearly visible to us. 🙂
    I was thinking that this morning but wondering whether that was the last game we played there because it seemed so long ago
  • Options
    Hopefully, in the spirit of reciprocity, we only give Reading 2,000 tickets for the game at the Valley and put 1,000 Charlton fans in the JS
    Why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    The woodwork.

I wonder how many will go to Wigan.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Fans moaning about fans supporting the club.

I find this a confusing matter at times.
    Even odder when it's fans who live up north criticising others for going to local games in the SE. If you live in Leeds and only go to games up north, why do you deserve more credit than a fan who only does matches within 2 hours of London?
    @leedsaddick is the exception. 
  • Options
    Will be my first time at Reading. Would be grateful therefore on advice of parking facilities near the ground and somewhere local where I can get a beer. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    PeterGage said:
    Will be my first time at Reading. Would be grateful therefore on advice of parking facilities near the ground and somewhere local where I can get a beer. Thanks in advance
    There are a few businesses on industrial estates nearby who operate their car parks for a payment on matchdays, so it's manageable. It's some way from residential areas.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    There are a few businesses on industrial estates nearby who operate their car parks for a payment on matchdays, so it's manageable. It's some way from residential areas.
    Thanks
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Peter

Don't park in the green park business area/or the local shopping parks (mcdonalds/pizza hut/B&Q etc) which is one round about back from the stadium. There is street parking in an area called whitley wood to the east of the stadium, but ensure you park on the main road, this area is often seen on road wars reality series.

They do have good drinking bars in the stadium and have a good filtering system where you line up and exit in an orderly manner (stops arseholes from queue jumping) and last time I went they had guys going round with jet packs of beer etc.

Some of the guys drink in the nearby Hilton Hotel I think is called on match days. I am going by local train as I live nearby and will drink in the town and get the shuttle bus from the station, that could be another alternative for you.

• Options
    Further to that I think the greyhound stadium is open for parking but that can get a bit muddy and is a free for all after the game, as you have no stewarding to get you out and you have to exit left before you can turn about to reach the motorway.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Peter

Don't park in the green park business area/or the local shopping parks (mcdonalds/pizza hut/B&Q etc) which is one round about back from the stadium. There is street parking in an area called whitley wood to the east of the stadium, but ensure you park on the main road, this area is often seen on road wars reality series.

They do have good drinking bars in the stadium and have a good filtering system where you line up and exit in an orderly manner (stops arseholes from queue jumping) and last time I went they had guys going round with jet packs of beer etc.

Some of the guys drink in the nearby Hilton Hotel I think is called on match days. I am going by local train as I live nearby and will drink in the town and get the shuttle bus from the station, that could be another alternative for you.

Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fans moaning about fans supporting the club.

I find this a confusing matter at times.
    Not having a moan, its just a question. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @PeterGage I used https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/ and booked at the holiday inn, £3.50 for all day. I believe it has a bar too... 10/15min walk to the ground. 
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    A bit of a walk but the Swan at Three Mile Cross is decent, I think a fiver to park, although plenty of roadside available.  Nice place and good food.
  • Options
    54-7
  • Options
    Woakes c Paine b Cummins 5 (1st ball after lunch)
  • Options
    56-8
  • Options
    Buttler c Khawaja b Hazlewood 5
  • Options
    pubs trains plan

11.30 out of paddington then whatever pub will have us, seem to remember the one next to the station being popular last time. 
    Best pub in Reading is the Nags Head
    Obviously not been to the Purple Turtle
  • Options
    edited August 2019