Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading (A) Tickets - 2,219 (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    does seem a bit strange when their home ends never sell out, that they've moved the home fans right next to the away ones
    It basically tells you that the atmosphere generated by home fans is not particularly good if they need to do that. The big problem with putting them there (other than the one where they lose revenue from clubs which would want a bigger allocation) is that noisy away fans that don’t let up tend to quieten home fans, not encourage them to make some noise of their own. Placing the Reading ‘singers’ next to 2,200 very noisy and unrelenting Charlton fans may just ruin their day just as much as Charlton winning.
  • Options
    does seem a bit strange when their home ends never sell out, that they've moved the home fans right next to the away ones
    They've put their ultras next to the away endl! 
  • Options
    They've put their ultras next to the away endl! 
    And we’ve got our seat kickers next to them. My money’s on the seat kickers
  • Options
    I am sure Millwallfan will be able to disect our support at Reading more thoroughly but it is likely at least half of those are really Wall who have a historical beef with Pompey because of an off in 1987 at Reading station...
  • Options
    I live six miles or so from Reading, and it's a soulless ground. Their Waitrose sponsorship is appropriate as it's like watching football in a supermarket.
  • Options
    I have a VG membership, more than happy to help out in future if people need tickets. 
  • Options
    My son and his mates went to virtually  every home and away game last year but missed out on tickets for this - it’s a shame and would seem to indicate the system does need adjusting - maybe the distance to x game should be factored in / Barnsley anc Blackburn big points, Middlesbrough the jackpot 
  • Options
    Can’t we increase allocation? Seems mental if we’ve sold out almost 2 weeks before the game that they don’t make it bigger
    Is there any danger of this happening?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wife and I have had season tickets for donkeys years and therefore qualify to buy tickets early,we now do not go to away games for various reasons but could easily have got tickets for Reading,this cant be right,as there are people that go all over the country,and now because an away game is near will struggle to get tickets.I Certainly feel that those that do the hard miles should take preference over the twice a season travellers.Surely a points system based on away visits would be fairer.
  • Options
    My wife and I have had season tickets for donkeys years and therefore qualify to buy tickets early,we now do not go to away games for various reasons but could easily have got tickets for Reading,this cant be right,as there are people that go all over the country,and now because an away game is near will struggle to get tickets.I Certainly feel that those that do the hard miles should take preference over the twice a season travellers.Surely a points system based on away visits would be fairer.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/loyalty-points-explained
  • Options
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    My son and his mates went to virtually  every home and away game last year but missed out on tickets for this - it’s a shame and would seem to indicate the system does need adjusting - maybe the distance to x game should be factored in / Barnsley anc Blackburn big points, Middlesbrough the jackpot 
    If that is the case,surely they accumulated enough loyalty points to buy their tickets earlier.
    Seems not, unless they screwed it up 
  • Options
    Reading haven't exactly been filling the Madejski this season. 14,252 and 16,319 against Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday respectively. Hypothetically they could give us the rest of the south stand.

I'm not sure about logistics or any potential advantage it would give us.
  • Options
    How many was each member allowed to buy, I was asked how many when I ordered but only needed one so I asked for one. 
  • Options
    Blimey. Amazed sold out so quickly. Hadn't got my act together. My own fault.
    However anybody with spares I would be grateful. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If that is the case,surely they accumulated enough loyalty points to buy their tickets earlier.
    Seems not, unless they screwed it up 
    It made general sale so i'm pretty sure someone going to almost every home and away game last season had enough points to be eligible for a ticket a few days back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pubs trains plan

11.30 out of paddington then whatever pub will have us, seem to remember the one next to the station being popular last time. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I wonder how many are making a weekend of it.
    Rock and roll u
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If they went to every game then they'd have enough points, simple as. It also went to general sale, so how exactly is it the points system's fault that they didn't get a ticket?
    Surely they could have purchased at phase 7 ? 
  • Options
    Chose Barnsley over this one. Will be strange not being at Reading with a 2.5k following. Loud and proud and all that.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If they went to every game then they'd have enough points, simple as. It also went to general sale, so how exactly is it the points system's fault that they didn't get a ticket?

true, probably is their fault -teenagers, always someone else's fault - thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I wonder how many are making a weekend of it.
    Don't go too mad on that 30 minute train journey from Paddington!
  • Options
    I was there in Nov 2014 when we took a shade over a thousand and won 1 nil, where have all these extra people come from?