Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading (A) Tickets - 2,219 (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Im getting wound up again
    385 points, valley gold for donkeys years and im no more entitled to a ticket than someone whose bought a season ticket this year.
    So are you regretting your choice ?
    You can't have it both ways :smile:
    Have what both ways.
    You could of had someone who had a season ticket last season and done 10 aways who also has valley gold .
    For some reason they cant commit to a season this season.
    Theyve got no more priority than someone whose bought a season ticket this season.
    They do have a 4 1/2 hour priority  though over someone who done 10 games last season.
    By having it both ways I mean you can't give up being a S/T holder and then expect to still get priority tickets.
    Existing S/T holders & VG have always had priority for as long as I can remember.
    I don't recall lapsed S/T & VG members ever having priority.
    Everyone should know the rules and make their choice.
    CE its a points system mate.
    I dont expect priority on someone whose renewed thier season ticket.
    Like ive said to someone else 
    If youve bought a season ticket this season and had valley gold for 5 years you have no more priority than someone whose bought a season ticket this season with no valley gold.
    So whats the point in continuing with VG
    You're quite right, being only VG for Reading A, ranks you equal to someone who bought a S/T either this season or last season.

My point was that you chose to give up your S/T (not wishing to fund RD, fair enough), so you knew it would probably give you a lower priority for buying tickets.

Presumably, S/T holders have better priority than VG holders generally, because a S/T holder will be paying 3,4 or 5 times the amount of a VG holder.
    Right so in 8 away games time without attending a home game why do I move up to tier 5 
    Because you'll have 230 points from last season's S/T, plus another 235 points from mainly away games and for years fans travelling away complained that they had no priority over fans that only did 1 or 2 aways a season.

The longer you go without buying a S/T, either this season or next season the further you'll fall down the pecking list in the long run (presumably). 
    With me doing 20 + aways this season it will keep my points up and i will work my way up the pecking order.
    With so many tiers though
    Then 230 whys there not one inbetween 
    460 to 230.

I agree you have a point. But many people are saying there are already too many phases. 
    So do the loyalty points continue to accumulate ad infinitum or do they reset for the last two or the three seasons?
    I believe they reset after two seasons.
    A trust committee member & myself attended a meeting with the club over a year ago before the 'loyalty point' scheme was set-up,where the club put forward their ideas & listened to our suggestions.
    Personally i think the system works well for Season ticket holders & regular attendees of away fixtures,this season will be more of a test for the system with more local derbies,some with limited away allocations.
    But now it seems it doesn't work at all for long-term loyal fans who have supported Valley Gold for many years.
  • Options
    To be honest you could amalgamate the first five priorities with no risk of selling out without reaching the sixth.

it’s also a major downgrade of the previous Valley Gold benefit which may not go down well. Presumably the committee has agreed to this?
    It does appear that way. The truth is that I wasn't directly aware of this, but it's all obfuscated somewhat by loyalty points and how they work, and complicated by the ticketing system and (yes) GDPR.  To be frank, I'm slightly scratching my head trying to work out what all the above means in practice just for this game, let alone what implications it might have beyond. Seems overly complex for Reading. 

I've already raised the question, our next committee meeting isn't until next month but will try to make progress before then.

To be clear, I don't believe there is a deliberate attempt to downgrade VG ticket priority, just a combination of things that may need greater attention in terms of their outcomes. 
  • Options
    Here’s a problem @Covered End - an U11 can have 460 points because they have had a season ticket for the last two seasons, which gives them higher priority than a current season ticket holder who has been a Valley Gold member since 1989.

The U11 season ticket can be bought for £50 and need never have been used by the U11. That is, two years season tickets are cheaper than one year’s Valley Gold.

No system is perfect but by introducing historic ticket purchase (arbitrarily starting in 18/19) but only current Valley Gold membership, the system becomes unfair. 

It has always been the case that VG season tickets were at the top of priority list - now it’s not. Rightly or wrongly, that is a change.  

I’m not a VG member but I do know people it affects and despite being season ticket holders for decades (but not last season) and VG members since its inception they now have lower priority than an U5 who has attended a handful matches in his life.

Even last season when they had no season tickets they each paid 2.4 times as much into VG as the cost of the U11 ST.

Anyone who can obtain proof of age for a random U11 can buy 230 points for £50. The U11 ticket need never be used.
    Yes, but equally someone no longer a VG member doesn't have an entitlement regardless of their history. It probably needs a standard loyalty points level for VG membership, but how that stacks up to historic loyalty will take a little working out. 
  • Options
    end of the day you go to games you get points, to be gauranteed tickets you need to go to every game you can means usually having a st. 

i understand the logic those that put money directly into the owner get 1st dibs. 

its how most clubs run, charlton is different as valley gold gives a lot. 

for example arsenal to get away tickets your only going to be getting them if you attend shitty midweek away games to get points. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    The idea of the scheme is to make sure that people who attend most of the away games get a good chance of getting tickets for games with a very restricted allocation,last season AFC Wimbledon this season Brentford/Fulham.
    In my opinion Valley Gold members should get a lower priority than regular away attendees.
    A suggestion maybe Valley gold members with a years subscription get 100 points.
    What about VG members with 31yesrs of support. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    The idea of the scheme is to make sure that people who attend most of the away games get a good chance of getting tickets for games with a very restricted allocation,last season AFC Wimbledon this season Brentford/Fulham.
    In my opinion Valley Gold members should get a lower priority than regular away attendees.
    A suggestion maybe Valley gold members with a years subscription get 100 points.
    Then the club needs to be transparent that it is reducing the ticket priority associated with Valley Gold so that people can pull out of it if they wish.
  • Options
    1260 left + 69 Family area

Almost 500 gone today
  • Options
    1260 left + 69 Family area

Almost 500 gone today
    250 VG members bought 2 tickets each after reading this thread...
  • Options
    clive said:
    Then the club needs to be transparent that it is reducing the ticket priority associated with Valley Gold so that people can pull out of it if they wish.
    For years I have said fans who go away get 1st option.  Valley Gold and season ticket holders together. After that a general sale.

Reading sales are just absolute b*******.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got my 3, good value actually with 1 adult/Student/child for £35.

On loyalty points it's a difficult one. No system is perfect, but does seem VG has dropped a bit, but then it used to be I could join valley gold today and immediately get priority, which i'm not sure is fair either compared to ST holders or regular away/home attendees.

The current system probably needs a few tweaks but I don't think it's far out of kilter.
  • Options
    Booked my two today 😊. Parking at the holiday inn, £3.50, bargain!
  • Options
    clive said:
    Yep.

But I'd much rather we made sure that the priority people should enjoy as part of the scheme is preserved by the club, and I really appreciate this being brought to my attention. It's a lot of money people part with and priority is a published and long standing membership benefit. 

I get the argument about away supporters, and I agree they should have a loyalty advantage - but that isn't what's happening here, it's someone who bought an u11 ST last season getting ahead of people who put £120 a year into a scheme promising an entitlement to ticket priority as part of membership benefits. 

Bear with me. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

On loyalty points it's a difficult one. No system is perfect, but does seem VG has dropped a bit, but then it used to be I could join valley gold today and immediately get priority, which i'm not sure is fair either compared to ST holders or regular away/home attendees.

The current system probably needs a few tweaks but I don't think it's far out of kilter.
    You can join today and get priority quickly, but you have to pay a minimum of 3 months' membership, funds cleared, and wait for your VG number to be associated with your Fan ID.  It's not quite as straightforward as 'join today, priority today' - although Sharron is capable of miracles to be fair. It's a long standing benefit, a minor exchange for effectively sponsoring the Academy.

Away supporters put money into our opponents' pockets 😉
  • Options
    Got mine (well ordered) this morning but it's my home match as I only live 10 miles from the stadium.
  • Options
    I think it's fair to have a points system, but that it should work that if you buy tickets for a game that doesn't sell out they add points to your total. If you buy tickets for a game that does
    sell out they take points away. That would serve as an incentive to attend less popular games and a rationing system to the popular ones.
  • Options
    clive said:
    As a Valley Gold member & a regular away supporter their is no way that a Valley Gold member should come ahead of regular away supporters in ticket priority.When Valley Gold started over 30 years ago £120 a year was a lot of money,it is still the same price.Season tickets & away ticket prices have risen considerably over that time.
    Valley Gold is a lottery scheme,meant to be independent of the football club & is no way similar to a match loyalty scheme.People who have been members of Valley Gold for years,including me,may be loyal supporters of the scheme,but not necessarily loyal supporters of the team.
    As i suggested earlier maybe Valley Gold members should get 100 points for a full years subscription.Maybe an away season ticket could be a solution,similar to when we were in the Premier League & what our friends from South Bermondsey still provide for their fans.
    Anyway i will be off to Barnsley shortly to put money in our opponents pockets,will any of the Valley Gold or C.A.S.T committee members be there.
    100%
  • Options
    Iy just needs looking at.
    I just think me sitting on 385 points should have a bit more priority than someone whose been in valley gold 3 months.

• Options
    I joined Valley gold to support getting the club back to the Valley, and then happy to see it used to fund the academy after that. I use the national lottery scheme for my lottery tickets. 

Everyone I know who is in the scheme did it for the same reason as me, certainly not to win £500 quid if they ever have.

I guess you cant make everyone happy all of the time....But I could say that being a Valley gold member for 31 years and having one of the most expensive seats in the stadium, shouldn't that give better priority than someone with a north stand season ticket for a couple of hundred quid or less and go to a few more away games than I can...I would say no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m in fairness you do also get a chance to win cash prizes, and discount with a vg membership
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    Rob7Lee said:

You can join today and get priority quickly, but you have to pay a minimum of 3 months' membership, funds cleared, and wait for your VG number to be associated with your Fan ID.  It's not quite as straightforward as 'join today, priority today' - although Sharron is capable of miracles to be fair. It's a long standing benefit, a minor exchange for effectively sponsoring the Academy.

Away supporters put money into our opponents' pockets 😉
    So if Sharon does work her miracles someone who pays £10 will have the same priority as someone who paid £500+ for a West Stand season ticket.

Or if Sharon cannot work a miracle it's £30 for the same priority as a West Stand Season Ticket holder
  • Options
    Can't be believe how much furore there is over a points loyalty system. I bet every single match this season goes to general sale.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Can't be believe how much furore there is over a points loyalty system. I bet every single match this season goes to general sale.
    Nail on head.
  • Options
    Tickets in the home end for this one
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Luton may sell out before as it is small but can’t see others doing that.  I make you right though about the furore on here.  I am general sale for this game and have absolute confidence i will get a ticket
  • Options
    clive said:
    As a Valley Gold member & a regular away supporter their is no way that a Valley Gold member should come ahead of regular away supporters in ticket priority.When Valley Gold started over 30 years ago £120 a year was a lot of money,it is still the same price.Season tickets & away ticket prices have risen considerably over that time.
    Valley Gold is a lottery scheme,meant to be independent of the football club & is no way similar to a match loyalty scheme.People who have been members of Valley Gold for years,including me,may be loyal supporters of the scheme,but not necessarily loyal supporters of the team.
    As i suggested earlier maybe Valley Gold members should get 100 points for a full years subscription.Maybe an away season ticket could be a solution,similar to when we were in the Premier League & what our friends from South Bermondsey still provide for their fans.
    Anyway i will be off to Barnsley shortly to put money in our opponents pockets,will any of the Valley Gold or C.A.S.T committee members be there.
    I'll think you'll find that some will be, yes.
  • Options
    end of the day you go to games you get points, to be gauranteed tickets you need to go to every game you can means usually having a st. 

i understand the logic those that put money directly into the owner get 1st dibs. 

its how most clubs run, charlton is different as valley gold gives a lot. 

for example arsenal to get away tickets your only going to be getting them if you attend shitty midweek away games to get points. 
    Any updates on how many left
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    clive said:
    I would be well up for an away season ticket. My wife might not be so pleased though 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I would be well up for an away season ticket. My wife might not be so pleased though 
    The wife could play away while your away rosie