Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading (A) Tickets - 2,219 (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Good point, guess we will just have to wait till the child is able to purchase a ticket then get both. 
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Good point, guess we will just have to wait till the child is able to purchase a ticket then get both. 
    think you would see a large number leave VG if that was the case. 
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Previously they have let u purchase 2 tickets if u have 1 who is eligible 
    This needs to be looked at and simply 1 for 1 otherwise anyone can just turn up on the other ticket 
    what about those on VG with a child. Due to gambling laws a child cannot be part of VG. 
    And that's what used to annoy me.  As VG with a fair few points I couldn't allocate a ticket to my son (with the same number of points as me) as he didn't qualify for that phase but I could buy a second ticket and give it to the first Spurs supporting cabbie I met.  If buying multiple tickets for re-allocation you need to buy in the phase of the person with the least privileges 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    CatAddick said:
    cabbie8 said:
    This needs to be looked at and simply 1 for 1 otherwise anyone can just turn up on the other ticket 
    what about those on VG with a child. Due to gambling laws a child cannot be part of VG. 
    And that's what used to annoy me.  As VG with a fair few points I couldn't allocate a ticket to my son (with the same number of points as me) as he didn't qualify for that phase but I could buy a second ticket and give it to the first Spurs supporting cabbie I met.  If buying multiple tickets for re-allocation you need to buy in the phase of the person with the least privileges 
    could you not just buy 2 tickets at the stage you qualified one being a childs one? 
  • Options
    Like me, I could buy my daughter a ticket using my 2nd one ticket using my VG but the club wouldn’t allocate her the loyalty points as she was able to purchase one in that category. Therefore they would let me buy my one and my mate who isn’t charlton could come along for a day out 
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Like me, I could buy my daughter a ticket using my 2nd one ticket using my VG but the club wouldn’t allocate her the loyalty points as she was able to purchase one in that category. Therefore they would let me buy my one and my mate who isn’t charlton could come along for a day out 
    But so could your child surely, even if she didn't get the loyalty points?
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    cabbie8 said:
    could you not just buy 2 tickets at the stage you qualified one being a childs one? 
    Absolutely I could buy the ticket, but I couldn't allocate the points to his account.  Maybe that doesn't seem that important for a young child, but now that he has turned 18 and about to move to university he's now got a full load of loyalty points from last season that he can buy his own ticket in phase 2 for Reading rather than waiting to the end despite having been to the same games I went to last season.
  • Options
    Dont people like a moan.
    Im sitting here with my 385 points had valley gold for years and it looks like i come in on phase 7.
    So looking at that ive got the same priority as someone whos bought a season ticket this season.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Dont people like a moan.
    Im sitting here with my 385 points had valley gold for years and it looks like i come in on phase 7.
    So looking at that ive got the same priority as someone whos bought a season ticket this season.
    imo valley gold should be added on as an amount of points for the year although i don't know how it would work. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Dont people like a moan.
    Too add trains already booked for barnsley, wigan and west Brom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    CatAddick said:
    cabbie8 said:
    Absolutely I could buy the ticket, but I couldn't allocate the points to his account.  Maybe that doesn't seem that important for a young child, but now that he has turned 18 and about to move to university he's now got a full load of loyalty points from last season that he can buy his own ticket in phase 2 for Reading rather than waiting to the end despite having been to the same games I went to last season.
    So he has or hasn't got loyalty points? If he has, just buy both tickets in phase 2.

My dad doesn't have VG but I do. I just wait until the phase that he's eligible for and buy ours both together. The VG is just a fail-safe in case we get Palace away and a small allocation.
  • Options
    It's always been 2 tickets per ST so I doubt very much that has changed. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    CatAddick said:
    CatAddick said:
    cabbie8 said:
    So he has or hasn't got loyalty points? If he has, just buy both tickets in phase 2.

My dad doesn't have VG but I do. I just wait until the phase that he's eligible for and buy ours both together. The VG is just a fail-safe in case we get Palace away and a small allocation.
    And that's exactly what I've been doing - as you say it actually means I very rarely use my VG priority (btw I'm not moaning just explaining that it seems a little odd as up until a few months ago he legally couldn't join VG)
  • Options
    will we sell 2,200 for this ???
    Only if we play them twice.
  • Options
    Dont like this new phasing system, wasnt gonna be able to get a ST so thought will get VG membership to make sure I got tickets for Millwall.and Fulham and now I am still only able to get tickets at Phase 7, so no New Den for me and probably no Craven Cottage
  • Options
    Got 180 loyalty points from last season and vg so phase 7 for me. 
  • Options
    Dont like this new phasing system, wasnt gonna be able to get a ST so thought will get VG membership to make sure I got tickets for Millwall.and Fulham and now I am still only able to get tickets at Phase 7, so no New Den for me and probably no Craven Cottage
    We won't sell out Millwall Paulie, and if we do it'll be after the last phase! And Fulham's away allocation can be huge do you could be fine for that too.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    We won't sell out Millwall Paulie, and if we do it'll be after the last phase! And Fulham's away allocation can be huge do you could be fine for that too.
    I imagine the Fulham allocation will be smaller this year, with the reconstruction work going on with the Riverside stand. The FGG site suggest just 1600 which will sell out easily
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I imagine the Fulham allocation will be smaller this year, with the reconstruction work going on with the Riverside stand. The FGG site suggest just 1600 which will sell out easily
    should be a good guide;

Due to redevelopment of the Riverside Stand, ALL visiting teams to Craven Cottage in 2019/20 will receive a reduced allocation. Millwall's allocation for this fixture is 1,970 tickets. 

we should receive the same. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got mine. Looking forward to it easy cheap away day. 
  • Options
    had a look at trains from barnehurst although the waterloo service is 1hr 20mins its less hassle than the tube.
  • Options
    Was it two tickets like last year
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    had a look at trains from barnehurst although the waterloo service is 1hr 20mins its less hassle than the tube.
    I didn't know you can get to Reading by tube, what line is that on mate?
  • Options
    I didn't you can get to Reading by tube, what line is that on mate?
    Hows your wife put up with you?
  • Options
    Quicker via Paddington, I'd have thought, even with the extra tube travel across London.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Hows your wife put up with you?
    Quite easily, she's always smiling.

Unlike you.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Was it two tickets like last year
    Not sure mate only needed the one. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Anyone know what the family section is there, is it mixed fans with families or just a section for Charlton fans with families?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Just realised i am driving home from a trip to the SW coast on 31st and happen to go through Reading... when can my 35 loyalty points buy a ticket?