Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Would give him the armband for a few games. Make him see how valued he is and how we want him as a leader in our squad going forward.
  • I am a little bit ITK (usually get pelters for it) but FWIW

JC really wants to sign a permanent deal for CAFC. He loves it here, but the decision is entirely down to WHU (obvs). Now that LB is contracted he is even more keen, but WHU are talking to a lot of the lesser U23 about extensions (silly Prem money on offer), so its going to be tricky. 
    I suspect that Moyes’ comments may well have been prompted by us trying to do a deal for Cullen.
  • Would give him the armband for a few games. Make him see how valued he is and how we want him as a leader in our squad going forward.
    Might also make West Ham see how valued he is and up the price.  Bow should just tell him in private he loves him.
  • Does he have a song?
  • Great to have him back last night, would love us to sign him permanently.
  • Does he have a song?
    We got Cullen, super Josh Cullen...
  • Sage said:
    Does he have a song?
    Sung the same as "Just sell the club, our famous football club"  
  • edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    Does he have a song?
     I hate that chant, no matter the club or player. Cringed at bauers last week, cringed at Mccanns at donnies last year. Will continue cringing at every use 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't quite believe the shift he put in last night in his first game back, you'd never have known he'd been away. Fitness was unreal. Hopefully won't see wing backs for a while, the defence had far less to worry about with Cullen AND Pratley in front. Added to that one other to replace Morgan and we should be looking pretty solid again. 
  • I am a little bit ITK (usually get pelters for it) but FWIW

JC really wants to sign a permanent deal for CAFC. He loves it here, but the decision is entirely down to WHU (obvs). Now that LB is contracted he is even more keen, but WHU are talking to a lot of the lesser U23 about extensions (silly Prem money on offer), so its going to be tricky. 
    Aren't players free to listen to offers in their last 6 months of a contract?
  • Sage said:
    LTKapal said:
    Sage said:
    Does he have a song?
     I hate that chant, no matter the club or player. Cringed at bauers last week, cringed at Mccanns at donnies last year. Will continue cringing at every use 
    I’m not the biggest fan of it myself, but it’s far better than the Oshilaja song which is just stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with football. 
    Agreed, hate that also 😊

Back to Cullen if we can talk to him surely we can tell him if he winds down that contract he can have a nice signing on fee, lovely! 
  • Sage said:
    LTKapal said:
    Sage said:
    Does he have a song?
    I’m not the biggest fan of it myself, but it’s far better than the Oshilaja song which is just stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with football. 
    That one really is the worst in existance!!

Minutes after we'd sung it to Deji; Fulham fans started singing it towards their player with the same lyrics!!

At least change it about like the Darren Pratley / Cheese one on here
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I am a little bit ITK (usually get pelters for it) but FWIW

Aren't players free to listen to offers in their last 6 months of a contract?
    Not if the club is in the same country
  • edited January 2020
    Personally. If we can I'd go flat out for him now.
    Does not matter if West Ham go down or not then. He will be our player.
    I reckon we could get him at around 3-4m now. Not bad for a future captain if you ask me.
  • So West Ham have activated an extension

Reckon they will give him a chance next season 
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS. Southall just mug of the model for this one signing.
  • Ah bollocks. I'd still love to see us spend the money on him though. Would be wonderful, even though this is slightly wishful thinking.
  • Reckon it will come down to whether West Ham stay up or not. If they do then I can't see them wanting him. If they go down at the very least he'd be a good squad player for them. 
  • Sage said:
    LTKapal said:
    Sage said:
    Does he have a song?
    Does he even have a big head ?
  • Never takes long to have a bit of hope extinguished when you're a charlton fan...
  • Worst thing that'll happen is Ireland qualify for the Euros - Have a reasonable tournament with Cullen instrumental

Will be Bielik last summer all over again