Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    Isnt his contract up at the end of the season ?
  • Options
    Isnt his contract up at the end of the season ?
    Think they've got the option of an extension
  • Options
    With the players West Ham target, this sounds like the club hyping him up to make him sign a longer contract?

Wouldn't surprise me
  • Options
    In a way its a shame as limits our chances of getting him back... In another way its about bloody time, Josh deserves it!!
    'David Moyes is planning to promote Josh Cullen to West Ham United’s first-team squad next season after being left impressed by a midfielder currently out on loan at Charlton Athletic, as reported by The Standard.

Cullen has not played a game since Moyes has become West Ham manager!
  • Options
    In a way its a shame as limits our chances of getting him back... In another way its about bloody time, Josh deserves it!!
    'David Moyes is planning to promote Josh Cullen to West Ham United’s first-team squad next season after being left impressed by a midfielder currently out on loan at Charlton Athletic, as reported by The Standard.

Did he train with them before he came back to us ?

• Options

Surely be wise of a new Manager to get videos of any games for their loan players so he's got a good idea of the standard of his players out elsewhere
  • Options

Did he train with them before he came back to us ?

Yep, very true. I am dumb.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    With the players West Ham target, this sounds like the club hyping him up to make him sign a longer contract?

Wouldn't surprise me
    Contract runs out this summer, but I think WH have an option for a further six months. As Josh loves WH he will go back and sign for them. Fingers crossed that WH get relegated and Moyes sacked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely be wise of a new Manager to get videos of any games for their loan players so he's got a good idea of the standard of his players out elsewhere
    True, that would also make sense, though seems somewhat time consuming. I imagine he has got reports from the coaching staff for sure, but the quote (in my mind) makes it sound like he has seen him play competitively in the flesh which wouldn't be the case.
  • Options
    They have spent cart loads of dosh on some pretty shit players over the last couple of seasons.It would make sense to give Josh six months in the first team.If he dosn't make it they can get good money from him from a Championship team hopefully us if we are still in it and the new "owners" actually have money
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    If West Ham get relegated, Cullen would be ideal for them next season. 
    Yes, the worse they are the more likely he'd play for them, instead of them signing someone from abroad for £25m
  • Options
    Sign him up ESI. 
  • Options
    No quotes in that article should hopefully save a few of you from opening it.

No quotes - no story.
  • Options
    But Defoe came through their academy, according to that article, well researched.
  • Options
    Fantastic player.  Having him back in the team makes a world of difference 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West hM look like they are going down tbf. Look at their fixture list
  • Options
    Record with Cullen:

Won 5 Drawn 6 Lost 6 - 1.24 pts per game

Record without Cullen:

Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 7 - 0.75 pts per game

Cullen missed twelve games. Based on the pts per game average with/without him, those 12 games could've been expdected to net us six additional points and so 12 pts total away from relegation.
  • Options
    If I were Cullen or Taylor, I wouldn't be signing anything with anyone until the end of the season - far more options available to both then.

Hope that we keep both until the end of the season, and hopefully beyond, but staying up this season should be the priority at this stage for all of us.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    He came back and played a full 90 minutes in his first game after injury. His natural fitness must be immense. I'd imagine he'll be back at full pace before we know it. 
  • Options
    He is simply brilliant! Would love it if we found a way of getting him on a perm 
  • Options
    No coincidence that we keep our first clean sheet since the Derby match , when Cullen returns.
  • Options
    The geeza is class act at this level and gives us a boost all over the pitch.  He’s highly underrated by the powers that be at West Ham.  

I think we need to pray that West Ham stay up, if they go down I fancy that he will be a big part of their promotion push seen as he’s got experience at the level.  Stay up and they could well pump money into a new midfielder from the continent.
  • Options
    If West Ham go down, they'd be mad to let Cullen go, with his experience of the division

If they stay up, you can see them spending again. And while Moyes may have an 18 month contract, if they scrape survival playing poor football, he might get the push again anyway in the summer