Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is it you want from the next owner(s)?

124»

Comments

• Move the ground to Devon so I have less far to travel . ( joking ).
  • edited July 2020
    Honesty and transparency.....then  everyone knows where they stand. Keeping the current management team would be good with a reasonable budget. Not expecting ££££ but even £500,000 would be better than we've previously had to spend on players. Also, some sort of blueprint for progress over the next few years. Don't think we ask for much really?
  • A mid-table League One team and financial stability, with genuine involvement of the Trust in the long term development of the club. The road back to ambition for the future is going to be long and hard.

Not too much to ask. Our expectations can't be any higher at this point I'm afraid.
  • I am not going to be popular for this. I cannot give if the owners know our history  want to relate to the fans, they do not have to be Charlton fans. 
    They just need a lot of dosh and need to be willing to spend it, and not need to worry about the losses. We have years of this family club stuff and were has it got us. To here and facing the end of the club. Murray should have sold the club once we made it into the premiership to some billionaire.
  • Honesty.
  • dickplumb said:
    Honesty.
    ...and dialogue.
  • 15 chips served by a woman with big tits. 
  • Anyone who is straight with the fans. Tell the truth we might not like it sometimes but honesty is the best policy. 
  • A club to support 
  • Survival, stability, transparency, respect for the fans and their traditions, as much ambition to climb the pyramid as SENSIBLE financial management will allow, keep the present management team.

I refuse to say 'an exit strategy' on principle.
  • Sponsored links:

• I want the next owners to have basic human decency. That would be a start.
  • For them to pass the EFL tests would be a good start
  • edited July 2020
    I want them to have a transparent agenda that matches the hopes of the fans.
    I want their names to be Peter Varney and Andrew Barclay
  • edited July 2020
    Them to be the only owners previous and current alive

edit: except the previous good ones if any of them alive 
  • As has been said a sole owner who acts correctly with moral standards, who looks to improve all areas of the club. 
  • I'm not even greedy, I would like honest and open owners that will make us competitive in the league. I can deal with 2 season in League 1 while we rebuild, and then back to the Championship where we're stable. 

Imagine being in a position where we can keep our better players. It's like a fantasy at the moment!
  • 1. Don’t be a crook
    2. don’t be a moron
    3. don’t assume fans are morons or can be treated thusly 
    4. buy all the l&b off the 🐀 
    5. have a costed plan
    6. Don’t over complicate communication - see 3.
    7. Include the women’s team in the club profile/business/budgets
    8. don’t go chasing pipe dreams of any kind especially real estate see 2.
    9. life bans no compromises for bigots and thugs whether their offenses are at games, online wherever 
    10. water pressure soap and hand dryers in the bogs would be nice 
    Repeat 5 to 9 inclusive 
  • Controversial as it may sound - someone who carried themselves the way Southall did but obviously without the mistruths and wrongdoing that was going on in the background.

I have to admit I felt good about the level of engagement he showed, and it’s just a massive shame it turned out to be a scam.
  • To be like the owner of Forest Green Rovers.

In fact, I'd like every owner of every business in the world to be like him.
  • I saw the thread title and thought I'd just like them not to be a complete and utter ****. 

And to actually exist, of course. 

And I don't want us to forget ANY of the scumbags involved in our current pain, be they Belgian, Northern, Syrian or whatever. And wherever they turn up, I'd like there to be a Charlton fan at the back saying "Oi, don't trust him!"