Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is it you want from the next owner(s)?

Comments

• Options
    Not being roland
    Being straight with us
    Not being roland
    Treating all the staff fairly
    Not being roland
    Engaging with the huge resource of affection, creativity and knowledge freely available in the Addickted
    Not being roland
    Having a clear plan for the immediate future and the medium term
    Not being roland
    Giving LB and his team time to find their feet in this division and given the very low staring point, if the inherited squad proves inadequate, not throwing LB out just to be seen to be doing anything/throwing your weight around
    Not being roland
    Avoiding sponsorship from parasitic scum like online betting entities
    Not being roland
    Attending matches occasionally and ensure that your executives remain visible, contactable and have relevant experience and skills. 
    Not being roland
    Keep all the industrious faithful staff and excise the collaborator roly lickspittle gravy train passengers
    Not being roland
    Revoke the heinous balls up on season ticket price rises for the older, younger and less able - if prices need to rise to sensibly raise some revenue/cashflow, share out the pain equitably.
    If you find yourself thinking the tombstone toothed devious deluded old twunt did anything well, ever, take yourself outside for a long walk, a strong talking to and then come back in and do it properly - if you're thinking like him ever, you're wrong.

• Options
    @Stig, I am surprised more posters on this thread have not mentioned your first point.
    Yes, I want efficiency and enthusiastic support from a new owner, but above all I want an end to the lies - both from the owner and senior management.

Of course there will be times when, for good business reasons and for the long=term benefit of the club, the whole truth of a situation has to be kept confidential.  That is very different from lying, and we have experienced far to much of it under Roland's ownership.
  • Options
    Give Jonny Williams a decent offer to keep him here.
    Unfortunately through the incompetence of the previous regime,
    we have given away two of our best players already!
    Also try and get back Cullen and Bielek on loan
    to keep as many of last seasons winning squad together!
  • Options
    Season  ticket prices reduced
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

2) an elected fan representative as a voting member of the board. 
    Mad idea
  • Options
    I'd like somebody who is solvent and has a long term strategy for the club - I'm not expecting this to happen.
  • Options
    @N01R4M, I think you meant @StigThundercock, the other bloke hasn't posted on this thread ;-)

Agree though, having an owner that isn't a liar is a big issue.
  • Options
    Rehire Katrine, I feel something has been missing at the club in recent months.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    The early bird prices are already cheaper than average for The Championship. In fact, £200 is the cheapest ticket in the entire division and $520 for the most expensive ST is right in the middle for the division. How low do you want em?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    The early bird prices are already cheaper than average for The Championship. In fact, £200 is the cheapest ticket in the entire division and $520 for the most expensive ST is right in the middle for the division. How low do you want em?
    I want them to be the lowest in the division, Charlton always made sure football was affordable for it's fans, I never want that to change, why should it?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    clb74 said:
    I want them to be the lowest in the division, Charlton always made sure football was affordable for it's fans, I never want that to change, why should it?
    Fair enough! I am unsure if that position is realistic, however. London is more expensive than anywhere else in your country and South London is more expensive than many places in the country. For fans to ask for the lowest ticket prices in the division of all English clubs in that division, while a club has to pay wages to 150+ staff that are higher than other clubs due to the location and at the same time fans demanding the club spend serious money on transfers sounds like a losing financial proposition to any owner, present or future, especially when FFP Rules limit spending in direct relationship to profits/losses generated by that revenue.
    Matchday income is the core revenue-generator (after solidarity payments) in the Championship division and clubs get their ability to pay player wages over and above the competition via matchday revenue advantages. Also, sponsors look at matchday revenue when deciding how much to spend on sponsorships. Matchday income and sponsor income run in parallel, mostly. To intentionally keep ST prices the lowest in the division across the board while having to pay more to attract players and back room staff to the region would not be wise, in my opinion. The early bird prices are probably already among the lowest. £200 for 23 matches? Seems like a bargain to me. Honestly, £520 seems like a fair shake. Wish I was there to buy them!
    You might want to see what ST prices have become in the Premier League since CAFC got relegated. Our four main price categories would probably be (my guess) £750/£600/£500/£375 if we ever got promoted to the PL and those would be among the cheaper ticket prices in the PL. Palace's cheapest 2019-20 season ticket is £600! And they are relegation candidates this coming season. Be careful what you wish for. In modern football, lower ticket prices and matchday income are more correlated with relegation than glory. Which is fine if low prices are the most important thing fans want. But at some point Addicks need to accept that to achieve certain outputs.... you need certain financial inputs. That may point to a broken system, yes, but it is reality as it current exists.

• Options
    Lower ticket prices doesn't automatically assume Lower matchday income though, as it will often lead to more people through the door, as we saw during our Prem days.

In the Prem season ticket money is insignificant and clubs can easily afford to lower prices, whicj is exactly why we were able to offer free season tickets to over 12k people back in the day, the club knew having a full ground was far more important than the ticket revenue, TV money has exploded since then.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Lower ticket prices doesn't automatically assume Lower matchday income though, as it will often lead to more people through the door, as we saw during our Prem days.

In the Prem season ticket money is insignificant and clubs can easily afford to lower prices, whicj is exactly why we were able to offer free season tickets to over 12k people back in the day, the club knew having a full ground was far more important than the ticket revenue, TV money has exploded since then.
    Yes, but let's take a closer look. (BTW, I am not arguing, but I do have a different view. I may be wrong but I may be right. I like your views overall. :) )
    Last year our average "paid" attendance was 11,827. It appears this year we will be 16,000-18,000? But when I see pics of matchday on this site over the course of the last season, oddly, the most empty seats were in the cheaper seats, not the more expensive areas. Those £520 seats were 1/2 full. The £200 seats? Maybe 1/4 or less, except the family section. The very cheapest seats were actually closed off! So the extra 5000-7000 people coming this coming year are actually (a guess, but I think a rational one) buying mostly the £200-340 seats. So despite attendances likely being up 40-50% this season, matchday revenues will likely only be up 25-40%. It's diminishing returns. I have no doubt we will be near the very bottom in matchday revenues this coming season. 18,000 in average attendance would rank 14th last season in The Championship, hardly awe inspiring.
    Even if we sold out every single match, at our ST prices and matchday prices, we would not have been top 3 in attendances in The Championship last year. On top of that, if our prices are the lowest in the division and we sell out, we might barely be above average matchday for the division. And since every single pound raised by our club currently goes to wages, even with our crap owner, then the only way to really get the additional money needed to sign the best players is to maximize matchday income. I personally see no way to to that with the lowest prices, even if it leads to higher attendances.
    This does not mean we can't do what ManC and Bayern do, have one or two sections (out of 46) be super cheap, but I think to charge less than what the market will bear for the majority of seats would hamstring the club and lead to eventual relegation back to L1. If we want to keep progressing as a club we need to raise revenue substantially and ST prices are part of that equation, imho.
  • Options

"Free season tickets to over 12k".  When was that?
  • Options
    I know that Roland Duchatelet is a pantomime character: Captain Hook possibly ?

And i concur that Helmet, Douchebag, Shitweasel, Rat are suitable Monikers but
    I thought the one thing under his tenure that was decent was the price of cheap seats ?

The new knights in silver armour that are going to be our wonderful new Owners will surely knock that on the head ?
    I have already decided that would be a price worth paying to get our club United again.

Quid pro quo happens in football just like every other walk of life.

If you/we want a successful football club then at least in the Championship we surely must pay more to watch ?

You do the maths.
  • Options

"Free season tickets to over 12k".  When was that?
    The year we got relegated from the prem, anyone who bought a Champ season ticket was promised a free season ticket if we won promotion.
  • Options
    What I’d like from the next owner is for the new owner to exist. 
  • Options
    Currently it's just to not be a complete lunatic, arsehole or both 

It's easier to answer as what I want from the team. To be competitive, to give everything while they are here, to leave it all on the pitch 

Whilst my wand of a right foot isn't going to get me close to fulfilling my dream of captaining Charlton to a champions league trophy it is still my dream to play for the club and like any other dickhead fan who supports clubs like charlton I want that feeling from watching players give it everything. Which is what we have had under Lee Bowyer 

As far as owners go, I just want them not to be trouble, to back whoever the manager is, to pay people in full and on time and to engage with fans. I'm enormously uncomfortable with talk of big spending and 5 year plans as it's just office manager bollocks. Get the right people involved and build a club again together 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Free boomerangs!
  • Options
    No more criminals - no more lunatics.
  • Options
    BITCHES!!! 
  • Options
    We’re actually a pretty good option for any potential owner. Our expectations are so low that pretty much any behaviour from them that doesn’t literally threaten the future of our club will be seen as positive.

We’re basically like a bird who has been treated terribly by her ex, shame for her but fantastic for the new boyfriend who really doesn’t need to put much effort in to look like a hero in comparison.  
  • Options
    Said it before.
    Spend less on the players wages and do free away train travel
  • Options
    Honesty
    Financial Stability
    Fan involvement through CAST
  • Options
    What's the basics you are looking for?
    Enough money to make us competitive with a chance of promotion.  Someone who gets the Charlton way; communicates with fans and takes onboard our views.

What would worry you? 

If the club was ever separated from the ground or training ground and I would prefer if the new owners did not come from some despot country known for human rights abuses or money laundering and just saw football as buying a clean image.

What would be your red line no no's?

If club and assets were seperated.

Stays same as when I answered before the MS and TN takeover.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    To smash the f**k out of the current owners whoever they may be. Oh yeah and Roly.
    Failing that, give our club some stability and make it something we can all be proud of again.
  • Options
    Money and bags full of it.