Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    I guess he will be off soon? As soon as I see one of these "**** ****** signs" threads reappear, the word "Gone" seems to appear in brackets within a day or two.     
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thought he looked really good at the end of last season. Few teams couldn't handle him.

But FFS why is everyone getting injured again? Season hasn't even started!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Think he’ll cause L1 defences some problems next year (if he’s with us). 
    He waltzed through Championship defences at the end of last season, just acted like they werent there

League One CBs are going to have nightmares in the handful of games that he plays
    Hopefully just getting his injuries out of the way now!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Think he’ll cause L1 defences some problems next year (if he’s with us). 
    He waltzed through Championship defences at the end of last season, just acted like they werent there

League One CBs are going to have nightmares in the handful of games that he plays
    Hopefully just getting his injuries out of the way now!
    Yeah I've twisted my ankle in some pretty freak situations - Hopefully it was like that for him and he was having a great pre season otherwise 
  • Options
    I am getting a little tired of his proneness to injuries. He needs to get an injury free run and then I think he will be an asset. I would like to see how we do with two units like Davison and Aneke playing together. I'm not sure, but I think it could be a good combo at League One level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will Chuks be key for us this season? I think he flatters to deceive. Charges through players, looks unstoppable and then provides absolutely nothing at the end of it. He told Bowyer he wanted to take over from Taylor but provided no goals and no assists in the restart as we got relegated. He looks like he’s blown up after ten minutes when he starts and doesn’t change games when he comes on. Bonne gets a lot of grief for not being a genius player but when we needed it he was the one providing goals that got us points, whereas Chuks contributes very little but is still seen as a game changer. Add to that the fact he doesn’t really fit Bowyer’s system I can see us having more of the same in L1. I really hope I’m wrong because he definitely has the ability, but I’m feeling a bit jaded with Chuks now
  • Options
    Will Chuks be key for us this season? I think he flatters to deceive. Charges through players, looks unstoppable and then provides absolutely nothing at the end of it. He told Bowyer he wanted to take over from Taylor but provided no goals and no assists in the restart as we got relegated. He looks like he’s blown up after ten minutes when he starts and doesn’t change games when he comes on. Bonne gets a lot of grief for not being a genius player but when we needed it he was the one providing goals that got us points, whereas Chuks contributes very little but is still seen as a game changer. Add to that the fact he doesn’t really fit Bowyer’s system I can see us having more of the same in L1. I really hope I’m wrong because he definitely has the ability, but I’m feeling a bit jaded with Chuks now
    I agree, I think his fitness levels and injury problems mean he’ll always be a squad player for us. Can see him getting a few goals and assists but don’t see him playing 90 minutes very often or consistently starting games.

On Bowyer’s system it’ll be interesting to see what becomes his favoured one, he tried a 451/433 yesterday, ended the season mainly playing a flat 442 and before that preferred a 442 diamond and occasionally a 532/352.

In one of the SLP articles Bowyer or Gallen talked about wingers, perhaps he’s moving towards 442 and 451/433 being his main formations. One reason the diamond worked in League 1 because our midfielders and strikers were comfortable drifting wide and running with the ball to add width, particularly Aribo, Grant, Taylor and Williams, and Cullen wasn’t bad at it either. Bonne isn’t as suited to that and a midfielder similar to Aribo will be hard to find, as good Gallagher was he’s a more traditional box to box midfielder who you want playing through the middle.
  • Options
    Chuks needs to be available otherwise it won't matter that we are only in League One. If he's not fit, he'll be in and out of the team and restricted to 20 mins here and there. He's got to lose the impact-player tag. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Chuks needs to be available otherwise it won't matter that we are only in League One. If he's not fit, he'll be in and out of the team and restricted to 20 mins here and there. He's got to lose the impact-player tag. 
    What impact player tag? 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Simonsen said:
    What impact player tag? 
    Bowyer said he's an impact player and best played off the bench.
  • Options
    1 goal Chuks
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DRAddick said:
    Simonsen said:
    What impact player tag? 
    Maybe that's what he wants him to be? Or Lee's being polite and doesn't want to publicly say he's not good enough to be a starter? To actually be an impact player, first you need to make an impact.  I personally don't mind Chuk's, but I doubt even his biggest fans would argue he really had an impact with any end product when he's come on. Hopefully he can show what he can do in a lower league...If he can stay fit. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Chunes said:
    DRAddick said:
    Simonsen said:
    What impact player tag? 
    Maybe that's what he wants him to be? Or Lee's being polite and doesn't want to publicly say he's not good enough to be a starter? To actually be an impact player, first you need to make an impact.  I personally don't mind Chuk's, but I doubt even his biggest fans would argue he really had an impact with any end product when he's come on. Hopefully he can show what he can do in a lower league...If he can stay fit. 
    Reading away last season he came on, looked useful using strength and being direct and won our penalty for the second goal. 

There is the potential for him to really make a difference, but I can't see it being consistently, unfortunately for us. I'd love to be wrong. 

Bristol City away he came on, 5 minutes later he looked exhausted and was like we played with 10 men. 

Not really sure how to get the best from him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In.A.Nut.Shell
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    Chunes said:
    Thought he looked really good at the end of last season. Few teams couldn't handle him.

He has spent large parts of his career injured as have many of our team.  Our injury record is not really bad luck it is a function of a tiny uncompetitive budget meaning we have bought in players who cannot stand the rigour of a season.

Unfortunately, I can only see our injury situation getting worse once Nimer leaves the club and all the medical experts he sent over go back to the UAE.
    Why should the medical expert(s), are we talking about Danny Murphy? (no not him), go back to the UAE, I am sure if TS wants the best, and he/they are supposed to be the best, then I am sure he can pay him/them what Nimer was paying him/them, if he/they want to stay
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Gillis said:
    Chunes said:

He has spent large parts of his career injured as have many of our team.  Our injury record is not really bad luck it is a function of a tiny uncompetitive budget meaning we have bought in players who cannot stand the rigour of a season.

Unfortunately, I can only see our injury situation getting worse once Nimer leaves the club and all the medical experts he sent over go back to the UAE.
    Why should the medical expert(s), are we talking about Danny Murphy? (no not him), go back to the UAE, I am sure if TS wants the best, and he/they are supposed to be the best, then I am sure he can pay him/them what Nimer was paying him/them, if he/they want to stay
    I think it was a tongue in cheek comment 😬
  • Options
    No good having an injured impact sub

• Options
    If fit, wonder where he will start? Guess Bonne & Washington will start up front. Chuks just behind? At L1 level he should be very useful. Hope so as we need firepower. Really hope Bonne does well and scores lots but have concerns that this might not happen. Not sure Washington has a lot of goals in him either. Usually you need a consistent and regular goal scored when pushing for promotion. Perhaps I am being too ambitious and this season will be mid table at best. Hope not. Hope the TS deal goes through this week.