Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Options
    So overnight we've gone from Bowyer's left, Taylor will hand in a transfer request and others won't be far behind him, let's burn our season tickets and riot in Belgium.............to Bowyer is back and we'll have 4-5 new signings by the end of the month.

What a club.
    It’s never dull that’s for sure. 
  • Options
    It weren't even overnight, Bowyer agreed 2-3 hours after statement come out
  • Options
    Great news, just got my season ticket!
    Luckily same seat that I had 4 seasons ago!
  • Options
    Good of Robert Smith to take time out from The Cure to tweet that. 

Would Ya ?
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see Lee Bowyer swing on the Millwall Crossbar in celebration after we smash them 3-0 at the den.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    My guess is that Bowyer was always going to sign a new deal , but quite rightly was trying to get the best deal possible for himself.  Roland issued that ridiculous statement to force Bowyer''s hand & Bowyer blinked first 
    Realistically, you can't offer more than 1 year, if there will be a new owner within 12 months.
    Even if the new owner would like to keep LB at this stage, will he still want him next May, if we have been relegated ?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Something doesn’t quite work out though.

That bonkers statement went out yesterday at what, 4.30?
    It now emerges that everything was done and dusted last night.

So that means after weeks of negotiations that went nowhere, two parties (both clearly angered) in different locations negotiated, agreed a deal, had a contract wrote out, reviewed by advisors and penned, with supportive quoted PR fixed up as well. All in just a few hours??
    It looks like RD rang LB and doubled his offer.
  • Options
    Good news. Feared the worst yesterday.

Feel optimistic already about 2019-2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Due to the knife cutting challenges Roland drops on us.

We can go into every game next season with a cup final underdog mentality.

With Bowyer in charge and JJ by his side....assuming we will at least have ourselves a big enough squad.

I think our work-rate maybe strong enough to help us survive the championship next season.

Away from home, we might really struggle.

At home....if we intimidate and suprise our opposition...then it could contribute towards us getting more points on the board.
  • Options
    Has Rolands left hand ever been formally introduced to his right hand? 
    They should be and then go round Roland's neck and press very hard.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    supaclive said:
    A friend messaged me saying he was told the current takeover is off and RD needed to appease us and hold some value in the club by signing Bowyer up for a year....

Which takeover?
    RD appease us?
    Keep value in the club maybe.....
    Aussie takeover isn’t off, as of 08:58 this morning. 
    It might not be off, but when will it ever be on ?
  • Options
    I have never, in all my 71 years, come across someone with the blindingly obvious propensity for shitting on ones own doorstep. It’s a truly remarkable accomplishment, yet we see it happen over and over again.....under any other circumstances you’d end up feeling sorry for him.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer signing new contract was bizarrely on the LBC news snippet a few seconds ago. 

Such is its importance to the nation!
    bizarrely on the LBC news

What, London Buddhist Centre?

Did Buddha himself intervene?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

So that means after weeks of negotiations that went nowhere, two parties (both clearly angered) in different locations negotiated, agreed a deal, had a contract wrote out, reviewed by advisors and penned, with supportive quoted PR fixed up as well. All in just a few hours??
    Again, that in itself suggests to me that after the statement came out Bowyer basically just said “Sod it, I’ll sign the offer”

We all want to believe that RD capitulated and upped his offer, or that a new owner came in and had a word - but this wouldn’t have been turned around that quickly if the deal was any different from what was on the table.
    It has been reliably reported Duchatelet doubled his offer!
    If indeed that is the case then that is great news, and I stand corrected. Happy for our club, but more than anything happy for Lee Bowyer.
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    How on Earth has RD created a bipolar football club...?!

He hasn't FFS. Bipolar is not like that!!!! Google it.
  • Options

Would Ya ?
    The REAL Robert Smith, in a heartbeat. Idol.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I think Bowyer agreed the deal that he had previously rejected.
    It has been reliably reported Roland doubled the offer. The change was the duration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it possible that the media backlash that he got from the likes of Henry Winter  and Jason Burt in the Telegraph let alone Simon Jordan, made his representative wake up and tell him not to be so stupid if he was going to sell the club. The crap piece on the web site yesterday really has back fired on him. The bidders for the club, if there really are some, would have been on the blower devaluing the asset they were looking to acquire etc.

He appears to have taken his foot out of his mouth  (maybe leaving the duct tape behind, and found  that protecting the asset in a sale is really important.
  • Options
    In Bowyer i trust! In JJ i believe!    Never a dull moment!  COYRS!
  • Options
    Roland should be on Britain’s Got Talent. He’s a proper comedian 
  • Options

Would Ya ?
    Sooner plunge the real Robert Smith. Least he know how to apply the slap
  • Options
    Amazing news!  
  • Options
    I'd like to know what the actual change was. 

I wonder if Bow wanted a couple of years with a fully paid up contract if new owners want to get rid of him (At the Duchatelet offered rate)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to know what the actual change was. 

I wonder if Bow wanted a couple of years with a fully paid up contract if new owners want to get rid of him (At the Duchatelet offered rate)
    He had a heart to heart with David from Brighton.  ;)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    supaclive said:
    A friend messaged me saying he was told the current takeover is off and RD needed to appease us and hold some value in the club by signing Bowyer up for a year....

Which takeover?
    RD appease us?
    It might not be off, but when will it ever be on ?
    You haven’t got a piece of string handy have you? I’m much more confident saying it isn’t off than saying it’s on. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    supaclive said:

Which takeover?
    RD appease us?
    but is it on?