Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim White backing Roland on Talksport, Tuesday the 18th of June 2019

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if The EFL will respond to his outburst?
    Could it be close to a disrepute charge?
  • Options
    if he has accused Sean Harvey of munilaplteing the vote then surley that can go legal? 
    Hardly
    Harvey proved himself to be a shameless wretch where Charlton is concerned, he told us what we thought we wanted to hear, then he cleared off without lifting a finger.  He has no reputation to besmirch.  Being slagged off by an ancient lunatic clown from a thousand miles away couldn't impair the reputation of somebody of integrity, certainly not a loathsome weasel like Harvey.  Those are two of a kind.
  • Options
    The other thing is that the FFP rules were changed 3 or 4 years ago now.   Yet he still hasn't sold the club.. IF they were the problem he should have put the club up for sale as soon as the change came in.

The EFL is an easy excuse for his poor management and desperation to blame everything on anyone but himself and his incompetent lackies.
    It was still Meire's toy at the time.
    I think he was prompted to sell by Meire leaving.
    I don't think it was ever "Meire's toy". She was his toy. What decision do you think she took that in any way went against his instructions? Look at the fiasco of her statements about the managerial changes.

He announced he wants out of football not just us. But sale of Charlton brings hims the biggest wonga. No one loves him, poor lamb. Not even in promoted Jena, where of course he only has 49% and has no say in the team. He just pisses off the ultras by telling them they need to switch ends because he's building a hotel on the south curve.
  • Options
    alangee said:
    How can the EFL charge anybody with bringing anything into disrepute?  They themselves are without integrity or competence, just a circle jerk for plutocrat club owners.  They've never given a flying funk that there's a few lunatics, shysters and flat out crooks among their number, so long as that sky tv money keeps rolling in, they stay face down inn the trough and everybody and everything else can just go forth and multiply.
  • Options
    Meire RD's toy, CAFC Meire's toy, it's all noise.
  • Options
    alangee said:
    Yeah and minus 12 points for Charlton lol
  • Options
    Anyone got Harvey's email address? Think that link may need to be drawn to his attention 😊
  • Options
    The other thing is that the FFP rules were changed 3 or 4 years ago now.   Yet he still hasn't sold the club.. IF they were the problem he should have put the club up for sale as soon as the change came in.

The EFL is an easy excuse for his poor management and desperation to blame everything on anyone but himself and his incompetent lackies.
    It was still Meire's toy at the time.
    I think he was prompted to sell by Meire leaving.
    I don't think it was ever "Meire's toy". She was his toy. 
    So he basically didn't get his hole for a significant outlay. I'll buy that !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    alangee said:
    Yeah and minus 12 points for Charlton lol
    We'll play behind closed doors for "Failure to keep The Owner, under control"
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Anyone got Harvey's email address? Think that link may need to be drawn to his attention 😊
    he's left his position, though. I am not sure if a new CEO has been appointed...
  • Options
    I was annoyed that they never got around to discussing the plan for this season
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Haha...plan....nice one Centurion.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Football clubs have been losing money and going bust for decades, all trying to reach the Promised Land.

Before his takeover RD knew Charlton had debts and it was his decision to bring in a stupid model which didn’t reduce costs and spend stupid money on long term contracts for useless players.

The losses are ridiculous even in the Premier league so he's right on that point.

Being a billionaire he should just sell for a few pounds. Sir Jack Hayward sold Wolves to Steve Morgan for £10, so it can be done

• Options
    He's not selling.
  • Options
    this morning's fiasco proved publicly for all (!) to hear that the twunt is not fit and able to run any football club
    Even the EFL's complacent guzzling scum collective must want to excise his kind of toxicity, mustn't they?
    Seems not, so long as roly's pestilent pantomime fulfills its fixtures, EFL's revenue whores will keep endorsing his offenses
    Fixture fulfillment seems more and more to provide the opening through which the protests will be able to stimulate action from football's so called authority.
    As for Jim White, he's an empty vessel, impotently trying to make some noise, any noise, ironically of course to a minuscule audience.
    I reckon he only gets the twunt on the show now to move his listenership into double figures, lets him away with whatever roly likes so he'll do it again next month.  the twunt of course has no freaking idea that only jw, Jordan and a handful of Charlton fans ever hear his pathetic mumblings.
  • Options

Presumably the possible risk of the EFL changing the rules and putting a hole in his business model would have been raised as an issue as part of the dd process when he bought the club?

Oh, hang on .....
  • Options
    Think I read/heard that the EFL will be responding to RD on tomorrows TalkSport...but please don't shoot the messenger if I have it wrong.
  • Options
    Don't see what the EFL can do. Deduct points ? He wouldn't care.Fine him ? He will add it to his (our) debt.They can't take the ownership off him.

Just a thought what if the ELF could issue a statement that on reflection and over time it's clear RD wouldn't meet the ELF fit and proper guideline ? Might knock his ego a bit.

If he was also hit with a claim(s) for the reimbursement of several bidders DD,assuming he has moved goal posts after their process started of course .Another knock to his ego
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    You’d of got high level corporate bull shit.

”We hope Lee Bowyer can be competitive with what he has available and am giving him my full support”
  • Options
    RD is going to own us for the very long forseeable future, let's see if an announcement is made on website about latest takeover updates!

I hope the EFL request an explanation of his comments regarding the manipulated vote.
  • Options
    Roland doesnt want to sell
    Apparently he does want to sell but nobody wants to buy. 
    It can only be that all of these potential buyers are completely unaware that they might lose money in football and they only become aware of that fact after spending lots of time and shedloads of money on due diligence. Really.
    He must think that the rest of the world is stupid. 
    Sadly I think Roland believes what he says.
  • Options
    Just listened to it- just sell the club, you utter freak. On a side note, I never thought I would see myself agreeing with Simon Jordan but it happened today.
  • Options
    Missed the very beginning, but was really frustrated that the pertinent questions were not asked. 

Roland basically says that agreements for sale have been made, but the purchasers have then refused to commit when they realised the expense of running a football club.   Surely he should be challenged on that?  Have all these so called experienced businessmen really got so far as offering money before running costs are realised?  Has it taken the Aussies two years to fall in?  

I honestly believe that Talksport are insulting Charlton Athletic and the fans with their off the cuff, lazy interviewing techniques.  They evidently have not researched the subject, they don't prepare beforehand with proper structured questioning and they allow RD far too much leeway to lead the direction of conversation.

I said after the first interview that it was far too cosy.  I was astonished that White went on to have a slap up meal with Roland at Roland's expense afterwards.  There is no such thing as a free lunch and Roland has got White in his top pocket.  We'll never get anything out of Talksport as they lack respect for any club outside the Premiership.  In fact they don't give a monkey's toss.

I'm grateful for the coverage and amazed he did another live interview after Jordan slaughtered him the time before last. They have to humour him a bit or he won't come on and while I agree we'll never get the questions we want, just let the man talk and he makes a complete cnut of himself anyway.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Jeeesus, so depressing. How's the Protest Fund looking? Have we got enough to cover the cost of a decent hitman (and I'm not talking about a 20 goal a season striker)?
    An elephant in the room
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    MrLargo said:
    Jeeesus, so depressing. How's the Protest Fund looking? Have we got enough to cover the cost of a decent hitman (and I'm not talking about a 20 goal a season striker)?
    Delete. Even though it was a joke.
    No. Don't delete. It's a joke.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    MrLargo said:
    Delete. Even though it was a joke.
    Why?
  • Options
    Roland, I’m writing this whilst on me bike, can you do the same please, and bugger off!
  • Options
    Roland, I’m writing this whilst on me bike, can you do the same please, and bugger off!
    The only thing the Rat is capable of pedalling is lies.....