Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim White backing Roland on Talksport, Tuesday the 18th of June 2019

Comments

• Jim White really doesn't get it, does he?
  • JW: 'This is a day of celebration for Charlton fans'

WTF?
  • cafctom said:
    I was previously willing to give Jim White the benefit of the doubt in these situations as Roland would effectively show himself up in numerous interviews regardless of what he is asked.

However, White saying that we should be happy because Roland says he wants out is wide of the mark. He knows full well that Roland has been saying this for two years and has gone nowhere.

So apologies Jim if we don’t think now is the ‘time to party’, knowing full well our manager has likely been given a deal well below what he derserves and also knowing full well we could be in the SAME situation again in 12 months time.
    Tango man exposed that rubbish on his own show. Doesn't the bloke listen to his own guests?
  • As an owner he can't risk tieing up Bowyer for too long and it being too costly if the club is sold and the new owners want rid.   12 months works for both of them.   As an owner he can't risk not having a manager either.

He wants to sell the club and it is closer, but is not days away....

• So if not days away, weeks away? Months away?
  • Redrobo said:
    So if not days away, weeks away? Months away?

Probably years ......
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Thing is, he's fundamentally correct. Football is a loss-making enterprise in this country and most others. It's wrecked. That's the way the game is unless you have Premier League mega money. 

But he's a complete mentalist. He can't get his money back on something he is freely acknowledging as a loss-making entity.

So cut your losses and sell up you senile old ball bag.
    Yes Football is fundamentally a los making business RD. So explain you miserable old fool why yesterday you issued a statement explaining that the monthly losses at Charlton are impedeing a sale? That would apply to evrey club outsude the top six of the Prem. You cannot run a football club and make a profit for anything other tan the short term, And any potential buyers need to know that. Sad that you only start to wake up (fitfully) after five years.
  • Sponsored links:

• JW is just trolling now.
  • edited June 2019
    Which is why we are not happy. When Jordan was there for his previous interview, he actually asked the right questions - why is he so much better at it than White when that is his profession? We all know Duchatelet wants to sell the club, he has wanted to sell the club for a couple of years, but what bit about he is asking too much money is beyond you Jim?
  • Absolute twat JW.
  • JW is just trolling now.
    Well he wants to turn off his twitter notifications if he hasnt already as going by the tweets being sent to him its going to be on constant vibrate for a while!!
  • He was even more dreadful then I thought he'd be.

Jim White, that is.
  • Pointless. Just stay out of it Jimbo - you absolute tool. 
  • One thing I would say reading between the lines is that the compromise has been salary vs duration.

Cheaper to have a one year cost of £400k than a three year liability of £200k.
  • I really don't have any issues with Jim White despite giving Duchatelet a platform for his perverse views.
    If Jim White hadn't befriended RD he would never has gone on talk sport.
    That is the first time I have ever heard him speak as far as I can remember as I gave up listening to TS a couple of years ago.

Duchatelet bought the wrong club and it was only Lee Bowyer love of Charlton that this didn't end in tears. (Maybe plus doubling his money !)

• Sponsored links:

• I would not give Jim White the time of day. On any subject.

He is a fake journalist, who tries to create hysteria. You only have to watch him on Deadline Day.

He is a Sun journalist. With even less morals.
    Jim White hasn't been a journalist for a long time, way back in the 70s.  He's a presenter, just a TV/radio talking head that gets paid a load of money to sit in  a studio reading an autocue or setting up the likes Bob Mills and Simon Jordan to say anything actually interesting.  
  • JW: 'This is a day of celebration for Charlton fans'

WTF?
    Only the fact that Bowyer is staying for now. Not the fact that Duchatelet still isn't history 
  • I actually think RD came across ok for once . Jim not so. 
  • Jim White just wants to take credit for RD selling the club when the day comes. He'll latch back onto us the day we're sold and claim he was a campaigner with us to get rid of RD.
  • Yes Phil
  • Here comes Phil.
  • Surely any clued journalist would’ve asked about the asking price at least.
  • 1905 said:
    I take from that, that the sale is not even close.....
    Who knows but yesterday Bowyer wasn't staying and today he is.
  • Lee Bowyer on talkSPORT now.