Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We’ve only gone and bloody done it again!!!! (2019 Playoff Final).

Comments

• Options
    From start to finish a great day, 98 was great and thus 2019 was just as good for different reasons, the wall of noise and sheer joy on our fans faces when that 94th minute winner smashed into the net  will live with me for a very long time.
  • Options
    Absolutely superb...as others have said after a disastrous start...we got back in it and deserved it. The amount of people who said 2-1 pre-match were proved right. 

Just hope some of those fans who went to their first game this season, come back and support the team next year.
  • Options
    Yessssssssssss!
  • Options
    Drop those pants, any relation to Greenie Jnr?
     Brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That ws possibly the best day of my life... Made even better by the fact I had 2-1 for 746 quid. Spent it all last night... What a fucking day, have literally no voice left... Just wow.

Bow, take a bow... Got it absolutely bang on
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    I FUCKING LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! GET BLOODY IN THERE! If you told me a Left Back and Centre Back would score the goals today, I woulda called you crazy
    A left back, a centre-back and another centre-back (or a ‘keeper - did Dillon touch it?).
  • Options
    Anybody else surprised about Sunderland's complete no-show? Without taking anything away from our boys who showed some amazing courage after the early mistake and deserve all the credit for fighting right up to the final whistle. 

In the first half I felt both sides needed to do better but we rectified that in the second half. Sunderland made no attempt to up their game and take the game to us a bit more. Not complaining, just an observation. 
  • Options
    The match was agony from the 5th to the 94th minute. And then.... wow.

Can Roland now feck off out of it, please? 
  • Options
    Anybody else surprised about Sunderland's complete no-show? Without taking anything away from our boys who showed some amazing courage after the early mistake and deserve all the credit for fighting right up to the final whistle. 

In the first half I felt both sides needed to do better but we rectified that in the second half. Sunderland made no attempt to up their game and take the game to us a bit more. Not complaining, just an observation. 
    I am and I'm not

Most of us watched the Semi-Final between Sunderland v Portsmouth and think a lot of us were shocked at the lack of creativity between both teams

Both sides looked lethargic and slow in both legs and whilst Sunderland kept a clean sheet @ Fratton Park it was more down to Portsmouth not taking their chances, certainly dont remember Sunderland creating anything in either game other than brief bit of magic from Chris Maguire (Dont know if he had much involvement yesterday but was delighted when he was subbed) when he scored the only goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    60 minutes highlights programme on sky sports at 9am.
  • Options
    What a day! Twelve of us met at The Castle in Harrow; I expected to get covered in beer at some point of the day, but not from my friend’s very first pint! The view of Wembley Way coming out of the tube was amazing. Had a great view of Dillon’s gaffe from the half way line; knew we had to go in level at half-time and that great triangle of Joe, Anfernee and Lyle set it up on a plate.
    i thought Sunderland were poor; a foul every single time we started pushing forward and the ref left the yellow cards too late to be any form of deterrence.
    Cullen (my MoM) got that one last cross in, then bedlam! 
    Just 4 seconds left. Savoured the atmosphere before heading to The Rake at Borough Market. I was there in ‘98 but this feels more important and potentially a watershed for our beloved club.
    COYR
  • Options
    What a day! Twelve of us met at The Castle in Harrow; I expected to get covered in beer at some point of the day, but not from my friend’s very first pint! The view of Wembley Way coming out of the tube was amazing. Had a great view of Dillon’s gaffe from the half way line; knew we had to go in level at half-time and that great triangle of Joe, Anfernee and Lyle set it up on a plate.
    i thought Sunderland were poor; a foul every single time we started pushing forward and the ref left the yellow cards too late to be any form of deterrence.
    Cullen (my MoM) got that one last cross in, then bedlam! 
    Just 4 seconds left. Savoured the atmosphere before heading to The Rake at Borough Market. I was there in ‘98 but this feels more important and potentially a watershed for our beloved club.
    COYR
    Met in The Castle at Harrow before the 98 game.

Changed it up this year; breakfast in Smithfields, then Black Lion in Kilburn pre-match and The Warwick Castle in Little Venice afterwards. A nice smattering of other Charlton fans were in all those venues.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    GET INNNNNNNNNNNNN (creds to The Guardian and Lee Smith/Action Images)

Brilliant photo of a great moment.  Just love the way it has caught the fans reaction.

One fella stands out for me in the stand like a sore thumb as seemingly not enjoying the moment. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Simonsen said:
    For people saying you never pass back on target, that's nice in theory but in reality it happens dozens of times in each game. I think it's a given that the goalkeeper should be concentrating. However, as one of the worst goalkeepers ever, I have massive sympathy for any keeper who makes a mistake because I've been there and made them all !!
    Your problem Al is that you're too short. Has no-one told you you'd be better off in midfield...... ;)