Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster semi-final leg 2 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    rikofold said:
    SDAddick said:
    Don't care if he was rubbish, he wasn't alone, Naby is part of what got us here and I love him for it. He looked so nervous before the pens. But I'd put money right now on him being MOTM at Wembley. Class persists. 
    Worth a mention that Naby is Muslim and as it's Ramadan he'd not eaten or drunk anything all day.  On that basis his performance was heroic. He wasn't terrible anyway. 
    He may have been given dispensation, Salah was last year prior to Chanpions League final.
  • Options
    Posted without reading 9 pages:

Donny were f**king good, pressed us for 100 minutes, they deserve credit for that performance!

How many of our players had ever seen 25,000 fans at a match?

Great prep for Wembley 

COYR’s
  • Options
    Maybe there is a God.  Maybe love does conquer all.  This morning I believe. Phew. 

• Options
    Couldn't post last night as I was stuck somewhere between euphoria and exhaustion!! Donny were the better team on the night and we seemed to have lost our game plan. I'm so pleased we got through and Wembley is now a reality, but can we just put the Mackems to the sword in 90 minutes, please!! Well played boys and what a fantastic atmosphere, it came over great on the TV, 8 days until we play again, 8 days to sort out a game plan, 8 days until promotion? 
  • Options
    Hangover from hell 
    But as happy as can possibly be. 

• Options
    What happened with the penalty shootout. Did Donnie win the toss but were not allowed to chose the Jimmy Seed end? Im sure the police were on the pitch and decided it had to be at the covered end? I didn't imagine that did i
  • Options
    What happened with the penalty shootout. Did Donnie win the toss but were not allowed to chose the Jimmy Seed end? Im sure the police were on the pitch and decided it had to be at the covered end? I didn't imagine that did i
    I don't know, but their goalie was very pissed off, so that could be it. 
  • Options
    Fucking class seeing a full Valley for the first time in years and great seeing so many celebrating on the pitch at the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looked to me as if the popo decided and told the ref it had to me the cupboard end on some safety grounds as when the players came up to toss you could see the Donny player getting a bit narked and pointing at all our supporters there...
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Great comments from everyone. Still can't believe we came through that. 
    Just like 1998 I think Sunderland will go into the final (over)full of confidence, which is fine by me. 
    Bit sad singing 'Wemberlee!' knowing full well I'll be on holiday when they kick off next Sunday, but also a bit relieved, cos I don't think I could take it again. 
  • Options
    And, in fairness to Parker, he'd run himself into the ground - so there wasn't much left to give before being subbed. 
    I'd like to see him run himself out of the ground.
    Certainly works hard but can't finish.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    rikofold said:
    SDAddick said:
    Don't care if he was rubbish, he wasn't alone, Naby is part of what got us here and I love him for it. He looked so nervous before the pens. But I'd put money right now on him being MOTM at Wembley. Class persists. 
    Worth a mention that Naby is Muslim and as it's Ramadan he'd not eaten or drunk anything all day.  On that basis his performance was heroic. He wasn't terrible anyway. 
    It’s entirely up to the individual....and anyway, many Muslims don’t stick to the somewhat lax rules and under certain circumstances, even for devout Muslims, they can be allowed to break the fast.....such a circumstance would certainly be an athlete or sportsman needing correct sustenance for an important event.
    Not saying Nabby did one thing or the other but I very much doubt he would have gone out there under any duress due to lack of food or water if that’s what you’re thinking.
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    SDAddick said:
    It’s entirely up to the individual....and anyway, many Muslims don’t stick to the somewhat lax rules and under certain circumstances, even for devout Muslims, they can be allowed to break the fast.....such a circumstance would certainly be an athlete or sportsman needing correct sustenance for an important event.
    Not saying Nabby did one thing or the other but I very much doubt he would have gone out there under any duress due to lack of food or water if that’s what you’re thinking.
    Not what I'm thinking, it's a fact. 
  • Options
    Managed to pull a quad muscle jumping on the pitch (further than it looks) 😂

Doncaster really did a number on us and deserved the win on the night and I thought we were done for at 3-1 but a brave performance in the end

Not sure whether it was a combination of Ramadan, new babies, over confidence, tiredness, nerves, tactics or what but we need to raise our game next week and I’m sure we will

Best Valley atmosphere and scenes I’ve ever seen, never thought I would see blocks of people standing in the East 😂

Roll on Wembley so glad I booked our half term holiday for the Monday now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bauer won the toss and chose to go first. Before the toss the ref explained it would be happening in front of the covered end. Their captain was pissed off.
  • Options
    PWR

Just on the penalties I thought we'd blown it until I saw the camera zoom in on Bowyer looking so helpless a bit like Curbs during pens at Wembley in 98. I felt so sorry for Bowyer looking so helpless but at that point I did think we would go on to win on pens just for Bowyer if anything anf thankfully that was the case.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Poor performance but what a win! Sat behind Bowyer and he wasn’t a happy bunny about the refereeing. He and Jacko had a few choice words with the fourth official. Great atmosphere, got a brilliant video of the crowd on the pitch. Unreal night but hey, we got there in the end.
    Who was it in the dugout that got booked?
    Jacko for his comments on the offside goal
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The pitch invasion was spectacular and there was a LOT of pent-up frustration and emotion that went into it, but I do object to it, on the grounds that we're not up yet - enjoy the moment I suppose! But I'm already worrying about the final...
    I'd be worried if you weren't worrying.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Great scenes after, and at London Bridge, Donny played well but inaging that journey home for them now, brilliant night and one I will remember for years to come...get in! 
    I'm in that picture.  Fame at last.
  • Options
    Yeah the old bill called it.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Yeah the old bill called it.
    For safety reasons, apparently. But I like to think it was done for us.