Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster semi-final leg 2 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Hangover from hell 
    But as happy as can possibly be. 

Same here, feel like shit.

My lovely wife has gone out with my daughter and said she’ll get crusty bread and bacon and make sarnies for me when she gets back.
  • Options
    Hangover from hell 

My lovely wife has gone out with my daughter and said she’ll get crusty bread and bacon and make sarnies for me when she gets back.
    Sounds like a keeper.
  • Options
    Hangover from hell 

Hey mate what a night see you Saturday then on to Wembley Sunday 
  • Options
    Anybody know why the kicks were “on safety grounds” held in front of the Covered End ? 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Hangover from hell 

Sounds like a keeper.

Would be harsh to drop Dillon, IMO.
    Nothing is sacred once bacon sandwiches are in the mix. 
  • Options
    Hangover from hell 

Top night mate, I’ll be in the general display area
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Before I post a length post about last night has anyone noticed we only win penalty shootouts when it finishes 4-4

Sunderland '98
    Luton in the League Cup (2003)
    And last night

Dont remember us winning any other shootouts (i.e. West Brom in the FA Cup and Swindon in the Play-Offs in 2010)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hangover from hell 

Top night mate, I’ll be in the general display area
    See you there mate 
  • Options
    Before I post a length post about last night has anyone noticed we only win penalty shootouts when it finishes 4-4

Sunderland '98
    Luton in the League Cup (2003)
    And last night

Dont remember us winning any other shootouts (i.e. West Brom in the FA Cup and Swindon in the Play-Offs in 2010)
    Chelsea away weren’t 4-4 
    Knew I'd forgotten a game or two
  • Options
    Anywhere we can watch all the pens? Sky only shows the 5
  • Options
    Just woke up with a banging hangover.

my god we were shit. Complete lack of movement, creativity and flair.
    This is why Reeves needs to be in the squad for Wembley, and Williams needs to start
  • Options
    Relief is the main emotion i feel after last night. Whether it was the occasion, the big crowd or perhaps that Donny actually turned up last night, that was probably the worst we've played at home all season and we will certainly have to improve at Wembley. But no matter we made it in the end and perhaps we are destined to go up. As far as the Wembley team is concerned i'd be inclined to leave out Parker (who again contributed very little yesterday) start Williams (presuming Igor isn't fit), and get him and Aribo to support Taylor up front. But that's for another day, lets sell out our tickets, get behind the guys and give it everything next week. COYR!
  • Options
    We need to play two up front at Wembley. Need to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have so much respect for Chris Solly as well. Dropped from the team, misses out on the biggest game in years in a full Valley, has only been on the pitch for the back end of the game, has scored 3 goals in about 4 million games and steps up to take the first penalty with his chest out, sticks it away without any fuss and strolls back to his team. The way he approached the first penalty of the night was all about showing the rest of the players what they had to do and it worked. Goes to show what real captain material is, and it's a hell of a lot more than shouting a lot
    Perfect summary mate. Exactly this!
  • Options
    Amazing atmosphere. Could have done without the smoke bombs. Thought it would be easy when we quickly scored. Puzzled by our cautious display. Wanted Williams on at 60 minutes! Numbed out when they took a 3-1 lead (on the night) but then their fans started singing, "Que sera, sera..." so my hope was restored and them Pratley scooped home and we scraped through on penalties. If we play like that at Wembley we will probably lose. Come on Igor, get fit!
  • Options
    Just finished watching the game back and I don't think we played as bad as some are making out, Donny just played better on the night. Was actually a really good game of football to watch although had the result been the other way around my view would obviously be different!!! 

Great night, great atmosphere, great team and work ethic, fingers crossed for a another great day at Wembley next week.

COYR.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We need to play two up front at Wembley. Need to.
    Definitely, though we did last night. Williams took up Parker's position. He might drop deeper but then again so does Taylor.
  • Options
    Just had some time to reflect on yesterday’s. I’m so happy we made it through but looking back on the game we are so lucky ! We have the Doncaster goalkeeper to thank for our 2nd goal. Also the police advising the penalties where to be taken in front of the north stand. 

Next week I wanna see us play our 442 diamond.  And just give it our best shot.  Sunderland are not great we have nothing to fear. 

• Options
    The scenes at the end were a release of emotion to say we are not just train spotters and some small London club but we have potential to be a decent Championship club with regular crowds of 18k +

I felt that was the audition to a prospective owner. 
  • Options
    The scenes at the end were a release of emotion to say we are not just train spotters and some small London club but we have potential to be a decent Championship club with regular crowds of 18k +

I felt that was the audition to a prospective owner. 
    If only
  • Options
    Just watched it back on the TV. Christ we were poor.