Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster semi-final leg 2 post-match views

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    whats happened to the bonkers shenanigans thread?
  • Options
    Bit of a long shot, has anyone got the whole game? Would love to watch it all unfold again as it were! 
    You can get a copy on eBay, I got one and it's well worth it, it's got the whole pitch invasion and post match celebrations.
  • Options
    timken said:
    whats happened to the bonkers shenanigans thread?
    Nothing... Its still at the top of the page for me
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    What a night. Had a colleagues leaving do in Brighton so left the office around 1 for a huge piss up pre arrival to The Valley. Unbelievable night and went through every emotion that existed. Time stood still when I saw Marquis standing on his own in the box. 

Went absolute mental when Rowe missed, was straight on the pitch looking for my mates. Will never forget looking up from the 6 yard box and seeing a full covered end celebrating.  Amazing night and one which regularly gets mentioned. 
  • Options
    Got me so stressed, I regulated myself on the day of the Final and didn’t enjoy that as much as I should have.
  • Options
    I recall bumping into some distraught Doncaster fans as I walked to the car after the game. I sincerely told them they deserved better and they wished us well in the final. Great fans.
  • Options
    This time last year I was checking everything worked ahead of getting my Wembley tickets. 

Typical Charlton 2 minutes in all was perfect Two goal lead and playing well then  98 minutes of football later all despair before within a minute Pratley scored cue delirium  and then the drama of the penalty shoot out. 

Little did we know the biggest drama was still to come. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Just a ridiculous night and the best atmosphere I can ever remember for a night game at The Valley - or pretty much any game!
    It took us five hours to drive down and got to the ground about 10 mins before kick-off so no time for a couple of nerve settlers before the game. I hated pretty much every minute of the game until Naby stepped up - and even then I was one of the many who thought Donnie had another penalty. I remember shouting 'get back' when the crowd started coming on to the pitch. Then I realised and unbridled joy ensued.
    We were off to Spain the next day for a golf trip so had to drive from The Valley to Gatwick. The A2 was a nightmare and I thought to myself how awful that journey would have been had we lost. But I couldn't stop breaking out into uncontrolled laughter most of the way there, much to my two sons' amusement. I also had time in the morning to bag our tickets for the final before we took off.
    Magnificent memories :)
  • Options
    Intense evening. Standing, crammed in for 145 mins, feeling like a bag of rats burst open in my stomach from the moment Rowe's goal went in, ending up a physical and nervous wreck and taking three days to fully recover from that feeling of unease. Memorable night, for sure, but I can't say I'd race to do it all over again in a hurry. Pure, proper football, though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of everything, the one thing that stays with me the most is... it's bloody bright under those floodlights, isn't it?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Just a ridiculous night and the best atmosphere I can ever remember for a night game at The Valley - or pretty much any game!
    It took us five hours to drive down and got to the ground about 10 mins before kick-off so no time for a couple of nerve settlers before the game. I hated pretty much every minute of the game until Naby stepped up - and even then I was one of the many who thought Donnie had another penalty. I remember shouting 'get back' when the crowd started coming on to the pitch. Then I realised and unbridled joy ensued.
    We were off to Spain the next day for a golf trip so had to drive from The Valley to Gatwick. The A2 was a nightmare and I thought to myself how awful that journey would have been had we lost. But I couldn't stop breaking out into uncontrolled laughter most of the way there, much to my two sons' amusement. I also had time in the morning to bag our tickets for the final before we took off.

Edit - I even remembered that wrong - of course Naby's penalty was saved and then Marquis missed - it was then I thought we had to take another one!
  • Options
    Bit of a long shot, has anyone got the whole game? Would love to watch it all unfold again as it were! 
    You can get a copy on eBay, I got one and it's well worth it, it's got the whole pitch invasion and post match celebrations.
    Do you have a link? Can’t seem to find anything and would love a copy 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Edit - I even remembered that wrong - of course Naby's penalty was saved and then Marquis missed - it was then I thought we had to take another one!
    Other way around. Marquis missed. Naby missed. Rowe missed. Like you and thousands of others, including some of the players I think, i thought we had to score to win and I was feeling embarrassed for all the fans that would have to come back off the pitch to let the shootout finish.

Then I eventually remembered solly took 1st.

Was such a great night from start to finish. The atmosphere and being there with my nephews, brother, dad and friends will live long in the memory.
  • Options
    Do you have a link? Can’t seem to find anything and would love a copy l
    I stumbled across a website yesterday trying to find the game online, it's called football on tap and they have a huge library of games. DVDs are £3 each. I've ordered the 3 play off games from last year and the 98 final. Assuming it's not a rip off, I'll let you know what they're like when they turn up. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Other way around. Marquis missed. Naby missed. Rowe missed. Like you and thousands of others, including some of the players I think, i thought we had to score to win and I was feeling embarrassed for all the fans that would have to come back off the pitch to let the shootout finish.

Was such a great night from start to finish. The atmosphere and being there with my nephews, brother, dad and friends will live long in the memory.
    it was remarkable the number of people who didn't know that the missed penalty was the decisive kick (including me). Listening to the commentary I think you can hear / sense two waves, the cheer of the missed penalty followed a millisecond later by a realisation that we had won. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

it was remarkable the number of people who didn't know that the missed penalty was the decisive kick (including me). Listening to the commentary I think you can hear / sense two waves, the cheer of the missed penalty followed a millisecond later by a realisation that we had won. 
    Funny thing is I knew big nabs had to score to win so I instantly assumed our next player had to score to win once Rowe missed his pen.

From the videos it looks like even Rowe thought the same judging by his little jog back to the halfway line only to realise that was it.
  • Options
    I stumbled across a website yesterday trying to find the game online, it's called football on tap and they have a huge library of games. DVDs are £3 each. I've ordered the 3 play off games from last year and the 98 final. Assuming it's not a rip off, I'll let you know what they're like when they turn up. 
    Great spot. Please do post on here what the DVDs are like as there a few games i'd be interested in buying.
  • Options
    Great spot. Please do post on here what the DVDs are like as there a few games i'd be interested in buying.
    Will do. 
  • Options
    What a night, was my Birthday too. The only other time I can remember playing on my Birthday was the home Swindon semi and was convinced we'd lose again after they scored their 1st. The Oak ran out of all beer and cider after the game so ended up on large G+T's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will do. 

DVDs arrived this morning, not HD quality but watchable, apart from the 98 final which is pretty poor, the copy on YouTube is better. Not going to complain for £3 each. 
  • Options
    Will do. 

DVDs arrived this morning, not HD quality but watchable, apart from the 98 final which is pretty poor, the copy on YouTube is better. Not going to complain for £3 each. 
    Are these legit or copyright-infringing pirate DVDs?