Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton v Luton

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Just remembered Williams’ brilliant winning of the ball to start the move that led to the third goal. I was impressed how we have them no time to settle in the ball in the second half, with Taylor in particular closing down relentlessly. 
    Haven't been a big fan of Williams up to now but today he was excellent and seemed to be everywhere.
  • Options
    Sounds like the kind of day I wish I was twenty five years younger and still had the time, money and motivation to travel down every other weekend. Convinced we would win today and there’s a huge chunk of me gutted to have missed it. 
    I went down for it today on the 7am from Halifax. Only just arriving home. What a game, thats two in a row for me now the past two weeks on the same day train.  Manged to somehow rip half my finger nail off when we scored the 3rd. Scenes! 

Thought everyone played well. What an atmosphere . Shout out to the scummy Luton fans at the end walking to the station starting on anyone. Scum. Enjoy the slum that is Luton 
  • Options
    Somebody said our odds were 50/1 for 2nd on bet365 before the game. What are they now? (I can’t find it on mobile site).

I can’t figure out if our chances have improved or not with Sunderland losing, but Barnsley and Pompey winning with one more game down. Interested to see what bookies say.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Living in Hertfordshire, I was slightly irked at our fans slagging my county off, particularly as Luton is in Bedfordshire!
  • Options
    Somebody said our odds were 50/1 for 2nd on bet365 before the game. What are they now? (I can’t find it on mobile site).

I can’t figure out if our chances have improved or not with Sunderland losing, but Barnsley and Pompey winning with one more game down. Interested to see what bookies say.
    33-1 with Skybet for a top two finish.

I can’t figure out if our chances have improved or not with Sunderland losing, but Barnsley and Pompey winning with one more game down. Interested to see what
  • Options
    Did Luton have a shot in the second half?
    NO
  • Options
    They have improved this week as Sunderland were in pole position. Having dropped five points from two home games, they have boosted our chances. We still need to win every game which will be very hard and we need the others to slip a little, but if we win every game, 91 points gives us a decent chance.
  • Options
    Just wanna get an “I told you so” out the way, I mentioned on several threads that this management and this team turn up on the big occasions!!  

What a day at the valley that was still buzzin.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Just remembered Williams’ brilliant winning of the ball to start the move that led to the third goal. I was impressed how we have them no time to settle in the ball in the second half, with Taylor in particular closing down relentlessly. 
    Haven't been a big fan of Williams up to now but today he was excellent and seemed to be everywhere.
    I wonder if this is mostly down to Luton being a far superior team than most we have played against since Williams joined in January. If we go up, I think Williams would have big part to play as part of a Championship first 11.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I wonder if this is mostly down to Luton being a far superior team than most we have played against since Williams joined in January. If we go up, I think Williams would have big part to play as part of a Championship first 11.
    Thought Williams and Aribo went missing first half. Williams improved when pushed out wide in the 2nd half and Aribo grew into the game. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Just blinked while watching Quest.

I thought we'd get a bit more playing the league leaders.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I thought we'd get a bit more playing the lead leaders.
    Nor has that Podcast bloke read our forums when he says that he thinks Bielik will win POTY
  • Options
    Just wanna get an “I told you so” out the way, I mentioned on several threads that this management and this team turn up on the big occasions!!  

To be fair, quite a few CL’ers have been saying the same. Pompey and Sunderland matches in particular have shown what we can do on the big occasion (and Luton, of course).
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    First half I felt like we were good but, genuinely felt like Luton were the best footballing side we have faced, or at least that I’ve seen. Luckily for us, footballing sides plying at The Valley tend to get exploited. 

Penalty on Williams was stonewall from my view. Pen we won was soft. 30 minutes in middle of second half we absolutely rattled them.

Beilik was immense. Cullen was my motm but so pleased for igor to get a goal and assist. 

We should not fear anyone in the playoffs. As close as it is I can’t see ya getting top 2. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton 3-1 can't see us keeping a clean sheet in this one, but can see us stepping up against them.

• Options
    Near perfect performance.  Could have been the most amazing afternoon, but why the juvenile nonsense in the corner in added time?  We'd taken apart the league leaders, so we shouldn't need to sink to that level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always fancied us today. Shame we didn't get another couple. Only downer was an absolutely shocking referee.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton 3-1 can't see us keeping a clean sheet in this one, but can see us stepping up against them.

Well done.

Give yourself a pat on the back and a medal!
  • Options
    Just got home.

what a great day. 

Charlton Athletic are getting a bit of personality and bollocks about them 💪
    Poor old Bielik has had his kicked all over the place today.

Hey Krystian, I think you should wear a cricket box next time.
  • Options

Shout out to the scummy Luton fans at the end walking to the station starting on anyone. Scum. Enjoy the slum that is Luton 
    They were kicking off just past the police van. Police had truncheons drawn as it was close to getting nasty. One of the scumbags was getting a bollocking from one of his mates for hitting a police horse.
  • Options

Still got this little bet alive.  Stuck it on before the Bristol Rovers game 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I thought we'd get a bit more playing the league leaders.
    JOKE. Sunderland were playing, Even though they lost it would be all about them. No problem, same as 1998
  • Options
    I have two lines of thought.
    Firstly think top 2 is unlikely but will fell very confident v anybody this year in the play offs. 

secondly can't not comment on ref. How did he not send their keeper off? Let's imagine Bauer or Sarr making that challenge I can't think anyone would disagree with a red even on here! Then the line he drew was unbelievable. if it was 10 yards from when he measured it, he then drew it straight so the end of the line was probably 12 yards away. What an idiot! luton were rightly incenced but Cullen obviously had sympathy with them !