Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: Charlton v Luton

Comments

• We are F@$king DYNAMITE!
  • edited April 2019
    He was getting forwards - people moan when he doesn't. The thing was, in the first half Luton broke with pace, quality and purpose. We edged the half, but they looked most likely to be fair. In the second half we were totally dominant. 

The ref was poor - should have shown their keeper a red, I think he wasn't sure. Then decided Williams collison wasn't a pen, which I think was correct, but the third call, he was going to side with us. it is how most refs work! Thought it was stupid of the Luton player to put his hands where he did, but Taylor played for it.

Well deserved win though against a team, let's remind ourselves, haven't been beaten in 6 months!
    I was commenting at the lack of effort to get back, not the desire to get forward 
  • They attacked with genuine pace - they were not the sort of attacks you can get back for. As the home team, we were trying to score - we ought to give Luton credit for their goal. I thought it was an excellent goal.
    It was and they were the best team we've seen at the Valley this season. For 45 minutes.

Then we totally outclassed them.
  • Massive win today!! Valley was rocking as always! Thanks for the support #coya #cafc @ The Valley, Charlton Athletic https://www.instagram.com/p/BwNEjAuBx8M/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=ig5ejy2gsboa …

• An amazing turnaround, the sort of performance and result that sends a message out to our rivals. We can win ugly at Wycombe, we can win "nicely" against Luton with pace and running.

While Bielik was my MOTM, Igor's goal was perhaps the biggest bonus, a "proper" pacey striker's goal, an in form, fit and confident Igor is a massive bonus after the shambles of the transfer window in that position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Massive result! Fans came withsupport. Thank you! #CAFC

• Earthquake on the third goal today man ! Wow Massive win today , big performance from the lads . Special mention to @IgorVetokele and @lyletaylor90 #CAFC

• They attacked with genuine pace - they were not the sort of attacks you can get back for. As the home team, we were trying to score - we ought to give Luton credit for their goal. I thought it was an excellent goal.
    Some of our fans don't realize that when you try to win games, when you don't have wingers, then both full back have to get forward which both Solly and Purrington did. Problem is when a move breaks down they will be out of position. Luton were superb in their counter attacking 1st half and could have scored more. The Cafc passing was so much better 2nd half that our full backs weren't exposed.

This isn't the era of Bob Peeters who told Wiggins to hold his position and not overlap !
  • Sounds like the kind of day I wish I was twenty five years younger and still had the time, money and motivation to travel down every other weekend. Convinced we would win today and there’s a huge chunk of me gutted to have missed it. 
    It was a brilliant day - the whole place was jumping. Best atmosphere for me since the 5=4 victory over Cardiff.
  • Addickted said:
    This is going to the wire.
    I think this is going to the last game of the season mate. Absolutely buzzing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers @hoof_it_up_to_benty , rub it in why don’t ya.
    Some of our fans don't realize that when you try to win games, when you don't have wingers, then both full back have to get forward which both Solly and Purrington did. Problem is when a move breaks down they will be out of position. Luton were superb in their counter attacking 1st half and could have scored more. The Cafc passing was so much better 2nd half that our full backs weren't exposed.

This isn't the era of Bob Peeters who told Wiggins to hold his position and not overlap !
    Its also about knowing when to get forward, how far to get forward and when to release the ball though

Purrington over sold himself on that occasion so made it impossible to get back

You'd have hoped that Bowyer pointed that out during any pre-match analysis that would have been done on Luton, e.g. I dont remember Solly getting caught out in that fashion on the other flank

Either that or its Lee's fault as instructions should have been given to deal with a scenario where a Full-Back gets caught out of position, how to deal with it and who covers the relevant person - I seem to remember (maybe last season) a team or sky commenting on the fact that we were vulnerable in that area of the pitch for that reason
  • edited April 2019
    Yes, if you do things perfectly all the time nobody will score any goals against you. I like Purrington getting forwards, we look better when we press teams higher, but Luton did well. I'm not saying we couldn't have done better, but we shouldn't get carried away and make more of the issue than it is. I would also say there are not many teams at this level capable of attacking with the pace and precision of Luton in the first half. We are one of them when it is clicking.
  • Asking again.....does anyone have a link to or know the name of Luton’s most popular fans forum?
    I’ve looked but can’t find one that looks even remotely interesting.
    Luton outlaws
    The avenue of evil

seriously
    It's crap, will put on the 'Other Clubs Forums' thread, but not worth looking at really. 
  • Cracking team performance.

I thought they were going to be too much for us after the spell they had in the first half when they scored. 
    Moncur, Cornick and Mpanzu are quick but are also built like brick shit houses from the torso up!
    I can see how they've got to the top with that kind of physical presence. I'm guessing Collins compliments them so him missing was a let off.
    But we stuck to it. Bielik and Cullen slowly started to get a grip in the middle and the game changed.
     The two up top worked tirelessly and got their rewards.
    Hitting some real form at the sort of time it's important to hit form.
    I still worry that a shortage of striking prowess could come back to bite us on the arse, but that's for another time.

Up the addicks!
  • edited April 2019
    Having just watched the highlights, I'd say that was a poor penalty unless he saw which way the 'keeper was going before he kicked it, but the second and third goals were class and you could see a bond between Igor and Lyle.
  • edited April 2019
    Had a wonderful day staying on a farm in Wales with no electricity and phone battery gone, climbed the black mountain, visited a castle, watched lots of red kites, had a BBQ.  All with my 6 year old lad and 8 year old nephew.  Then jumped in the car at about 5, heard the score and went mental!  Got my Chelsea support in nephew singing ‘On Saturday we follow’ charged phone and now catching up on football and sipping a beer as everyone else sleeps.happy days... the reds are going up!  Anyone have an Oxford spare by chance?
  • edited April 2019
    Just remembered Williams’ brilliant winning of the ball to start the move that led to our third goal. I was impressed how we have them no time to settle in the ball in the second half, with Taylor in particular closing down relentlessly.