Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs ground

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    To me it's still White Hart Lane. Looks a great stadium but it hasn't moved so why change the name.....

(naming rights obviously)
    It has moved, a little, about 50 yards.  Sorry to split hairs.

I think you could be sitting in the same seat just facing in another direction.
    The pitch runs the same direction as the old stadium 
    It is the same ground, as much as Dean Court, Molineux, Elland Road and Wembley are the same grounds. It should be called White Hart Lane (and Dean Court the same).
    Totally agree but Levi was trying to sell naming rights. 
    If we ever sold the naming rights to The Valley, I'm afraid that would be the end of my time supporting the club.
    Im pretty sure fans are still allowed to call it The Valley if it ever did happen. Just ignore whatever the sponsors/TV presenters/matchday programme calls it, and you'll be fine. 
    Its not about what we call it / what others call it, it would be about the club being willing to ride roughshod over what is the major defining aspect of our club - I think The Valley is more central to our identity than their grounds are to many other clubs. 

Anyway, its all hypothetical because TS is sensible and wont touch it!
    I agree its distasteful, but if a stadium sponsor brought in millions a season that could be invested in the first team and lead to success isnt it something we could just swallow? Like I said, everyone will keep calling it The Valley outside of the media anyways. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    To me it's still White Hart Lane. Looks a great stadium but it hasn't moved so why change the name.....

(naming rights obviously)
    It has moved, a little, about 50 yards.  Sorry to split hairs.

I think you could be sitting in the same seat just facing in another direction.
    The pitch runs the same direction as the old stadium 
    It is the same ground, as much as Dean Court, Molineux, Elland Road and Wembley are the same grounds. It should be called White Hart Lane (and Dean Court the same).
    Totally agree but Levi was trying to sell naming rights. 
    If we ever sold the naming rights to The Valley, I'm afraid that would be the end of my time supporting the club.
    Im pretty sure fans are still allowed to call it The Valley if it ever did happen. Just ignore whatever the sponsors/TV presenters/matchday programme calls it, and you'll be fine. 
    Its not about what we call it / what others call it, it would be about the club being willing to ride roughshod over what is the major defining aspect of our club - I think The Valley is more central to our identity than their grounds are to many other clubs. 

Anyway, its all hypothetical because TS is sensible and wont touch it!
    I agree its distasteful, but if a stadium sponsor brought in millions a season that could be invested in the first team and lead to success isnt it something we could just swallow? Like I said, everyone will keep calling it The Valley outside of the media anyways. 
    It depends. If it was the (Company) Stadium then no. If it was The (Company) Valley then it wouldn't be too bad, although I would still prefer no sponsor.