Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs ground

Comments

• Options
    I was impressed they brew their own beer in the stadium!
    Heineken own that brewery, well 50% of it anyway.
  • Options
    Although I can't stand Spuds I must say it is my favourite of the new grounds, looking forward to a visit in the coming seasons, hopefully. 
  • Options
    Wasted on them was the catchphrase around our project office
  • Options
    Football stadiums should not have glass lifts taking you up 9 floors and escalators.  It has the feel of a concert venue or heathrow airport.

The "bowl" and noise generated though is fantastic, and the electric seat warmer very helpful on a cold night, plus the USB charger point next to my phone was great.
  • Options
    To me it's still White Hart Lane. Looks a great stadium but it hasn't moved so why change the name.....

(naming rights obviously)
  • Options
    My brother in law has been a Spurs season ticket holder for many years. Absolute fanatic. As a kid, used to go with his dad. When his old man got a bit too infirm to go, My BIL continued to buy two STs because he wanted his son to come with him to continue the father and son tradition and he knew tickets were in such high demand he might struggle to get two together. 
    They started going together regularly a short while before the move out of the old stadium. My nephew loved it.
    When they moved into the new stadium, the pair of them just didn’t feel it had the same feeling. My nephew has just not taken to it and my BIL just misses the old place. They didn’t bother renewing. He said he thinks it’s a great stadium, but he doesn’t feel any affinity to it - like it’s not ‘home’. 
    This is the first year my BIL hasn’t had a season ticket at Spurs for nearly 40 years.

I would try to convert them to Charlton, but the BIL has a very Spursy aversion to supporting a team in red. (FFS!)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    My brother in law has been a Spurs season ticket holder for many years. Absolute fanatic. As a kid, used to go with his dad. When his old man got a bit too infirm to go, My BIL continued to buy two STs because he wanted his son to come with him to continue the father and son tradition and he knew tickets were in such high demand he might struggle to get two together. 
    They started going together regularly a short while before the move out of the old stadium. My nephew loved it.
    When they moved into the new stadium, the pair of them just didn’t feel it had the same feeling. My nephew has just not taken to it and my BIL just misses the old place. They didn’t bother renewing. He said he thinks it’s a great stadium, but he doesn’t feel any affinity to it - like it’s not ‘home’. 
    This is the first year my BIL hasn’t had a season ticket at Spurs for nearly 40 years.

I would try to convert them to Charlton, but the BIL has a very Spursy aversion to supporting a team in red. (FFS!)
    If they couldnt feel any "affinity" to a stadium that sits on virtually the same pitch of ground as WHL did then I doubt they would have any "affinity" to a club that had to play at 2 different grounds around 5 miles away both times.

Save your breath & let them go and watch Barnet 
  • Options
    As a boy, seeing the old floodlights piercing through the dark sky as I approached the ground was magical. I can see how a stadium like Tottenham's feels a bit cold. When you cast your mind back to the play offs, the actual atmosphere was probably better at The Valley for the Doncaster game than Wembley although both were great. I know I am biased, but when the Valley rocks, there is nothing to touch it IMO. 
  • Options
    But it’s not like the old Valley big open spaces where social distancing wasn’t a problem and the only atmosphere was under the Covered end. 
  • Options

It's commonly known as an 'inferiority complex'.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If they couldnt feel any "affinity" to a stadium that sits on virtually the same pitch of ground as WHL did then I doubt they would have any "affinity" to a club that had to play at 2 different grounds around 5 miles away both times.

Palace was 10  miles of horrendous Saturday traffic away (unless you lived in Bromley ) 
  • Options
    Magnificent stadium but let’s face it. Tottenham is a shite hole of the highest order.
    A frightening gaff.
  • Options
    To me it's still White Hart Lane. Looks a great stadium but it hasn't moved so why change the name.....

It has moved, a little, about 50 yards.  Sorry to split hairs.
  • Options

I think you could be sitting in the same seat just facing in another direction.
  • Options

The pitch runs the same direction as the old stadium 
  • Options

Palace was 10  miles of horrendous Saturday traffic away (unless you lived in Bromley ) 
    Was a 20 minute walk for me
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    cafc999 said:

It is the same ground, as much as Dean Court, Molineux, Elland Road and Wembley are the same grounds. It should be called White Hart Lane (and Dean Court the same).
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

It is the same ground, as much as Dean Court, Molineux, Elland Road and Wembley are the same grounds. It should be called White Hart Lane (and Dean Court the same).
    Totally agree but Levi was trying to sell naming rights. 
  • Options
    Was there Boxing Day 2019 v Brighton, my other half is an ST holder of many years, superb facilities 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

...that's the reality of the "business" of football and something I hate with a passion. Grounds are rooted in their history and location, and renaming them is a nonsense. Leicester city haven't played at two grounds since they left Filbert Street, but the ground has had two names.

If we ever sold the naming rights to The Valley, I'm afraid that would be the end of my time supporting the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Like I said, moved about 50 yards.
  • Options
    Naming rights is just a by product of the modern game.

In America, until incredibly recently, shirt/jersey sponsorship in the big 4 sports was completely unheard of, but everything else was "brought to you by...(insert name of local business) at the (huge American company) Stadium here in (large city where the stadium is probably about 40 miles from)
  • Options

Yeah but Upton Park was a long old trip.

• Options

My dad in Blackheath was just recovering from cancer.
    I drove from Bromley to Blackheath to pick him up. 
    Blackheath to Selhurst, Selhurst to Blackheath and Blackheath to Bromley. 
    We never missed one game. 
    I used to set off before the Larkfield coach :-) 

• Options

My dad in Blackheath was just recovering from cancer.
    I drove from Bromley to Blackheath to pick him up. 
    Blackheath to Selhurst, Selhurst to Blackheath and Blackheath to Bromley. 
    We never missed one game. 
    I used to set off before the Larkfield coach :-) 

Just after closing time at The Greyhound.
  • Options
    So European superleague comes, traditional Spurs fans lose interest, football tourists arrive at the new stadium globally and all that money spent on internal accoustics just amplifies the roar of people opening crisp packets and general chit chat. 😂😂
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

If we ever sold the naming rights to The Valley, I'm afraid that would be the end of my time supporting the club.
    Im pretty sure fans are still allowed to call it The Valley if it ever did happen. Just ignore whatever the sponsors/TV presenters/matchday programme calls it, and you'll be fine. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

Im pretty sure fans are still allowed to call it The Valley if it ever did happen. Just ignore whatever the sponsors/TV presenters/matchday programme calls it, and you'll be fine. 
    Its not about what we call it / what others call it, it would be about the club being willing to ride roughshod over what is the major defining aspect of our club - I think The Valley is more central to our identity than their grounds are to many other clubs. 

Anyway, its all hypothetical because TS is sensible and wont touch it!
  • Options
    Last league title wins of the new Galacticos.

Always said it was lucky for Spurs when the year starts in one!

• Options

Like I said, moved about 50 yards.
    Still in White Hart Lane ........

So call it White Hart Lane.