Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Spurs ground

Went last night, my ex has corporate there. Have to say the ground is amazing, brilliant atmosphere within and the facilities second to none, as you'd expect given the investment. The acoustics inside were deafening when all the Spurs fans got behind the team. The opening ceremony was incredibly cringeworthy, went on far too long before and after the teams came out. I know you have to celebrate these things and maybe being neutral it didn't resonate.

Nice to see the Stripey Nigel's lose but better still, had the luck to bump in to Sir Chris before who kindly posed for a snap with my son, what a legend !

Thought I'd be the only Charlton fan there but interesting to note Louis Mendez an Kyle Andrews were also there. Well worth going if you get the opportunity to do so.

Comments

• Spanish said:
    Went last night, my ex has corporate there. Have to say the ground is amazing, brilliant atmosphere within and the facilities second to none, as you'd expect given the investment. The acoustics inside were deafening when all the Spurs fans got behind the team. The opening ceremony was incredibly cringeworthy, went on far too long before and after the teams came out. I know you have to celebrate these things and maybe being neutral it didn't resonate.

Nice to see the Stripey Nigel's lose but better still, had the luck to bump in to Sir Chris before who kindly posed for a snap with my son, what a legend !

Thought I'd be the only Charlton fan there but interesting to note Louis Mendez an Kyle Andrews were also there. Well worth going if you get the opportunity to do so.
    I'll have to go there just to experience that then, didn't realise that was a thing.  ;)

No, in all seriousness, it looks the next step in modern stadia. May be there for the NFL so will be interested to check it out.
  • Saracens will play a couple of games a season there so if you like rugby an opportunity to visit the stadium.
  • Didn't realise that was the Go Compare guy singing in the opening ceremony.  
  • My mate reckons that the magic pint pouring thingies kept breaking down.

He barely managed to get a pint at HT.
  • They certainly were not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

Thought the place was execellent. 
    Going to be brought back to earth with a bump on Saturday if your doing the Plymouth game I bet?
  • Worth noting that the first few rows seating at the home end are effectively set up for safe standing, with the rails already in place. As everyone stood there last night, effectively that's the first (unofficial) safe standing section in the top 2 divisions.
  • LouisMend said:
    LouisMend said:

Thought the place was execellent. 
    Going to be brought back to earth with a bump on Saturday if your doing the Plymouth game I bet?
    Any Charlton game trumps the premier league 
    by a long way too...!!!
  • Worth noting that the first few rows seating at the home end are effectively set up for safe standing, with the rails already in place. As everyone stood there last night, effectively that's the first (unofficial) safe standing section in the top 2 divisions.
    From what i saw they didn't even have anyone in the first couple of rows, weird as you usually only see that in champions league games.
  • Wow, that one wall"ish" end of the stadium really is impressive.
  • Most eco friendly ground in the world.....

by the way, heres 17000 plastic carrier bags for a 30 second display
    Where have they claimed it's the most eco friendly stadium in the world? 
  • I don’t think they have tbh.
    but I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen or heard them mention they are going to great lengths to reduce single use plastic with all suppliers required to do their bit at the new ground. It’s been one of the main sound bites in almost every article.

i commend them for such initiatives, but it’s kind of a dick move seeing the thousands of plastic bags tonight.
    plenty of clubs do things like that display, but they use paper.
  • Sponsored links:

• That stand behind the goal looks even better packed and going nuts when they score. There's a good shot BT Sport have of it when Son scores, and it looks like an old school terrace. 

Smart of Spurs to put the rail seating in now
  • Yeah looks okay, bet it’s not got a sofa near the corner flag.
    Only one club has that copyright...

• Amateurs!   No copulating chavs in the centre circle?
  • Came across this on Youtube. When football and football grounds were in the doldrums pre-1990, this would have been the stuff of science fiction.

Interesting that the groundsman refers to the importance of the pitch to "the business".  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsQZnyCH37M
  • I was impressed they brew their own beer in the stadium!
  • Magnificent stadium but let’s face it. Tottenham is a shite hole of the highest order.
  • But they have an artisan bakery in the ground!!