Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Also, Leon Cort is (I think) one of 5 players to have:

- Played for Charlton 
    - Played in the Premier League
    - Had a brother/brothers who played in the Premier League.

Can anyone name the other 4?
    Bradley (Shaun) Wright-Phillips as mentioned above has to be one
    Yep.
  • A Sodje maybe ?
  • Paul (Dave) Kitson?
  • MrOneLung said:
    A Sodje maybe ?
    Good shout but I don't think so - I think Sam Sodje was at Reading when they were in the Premier League though I'm not clear on whether he got any league games (had 3 appearances, at least one was a cup game), but none of his brothers got to that level.
  • Darren & Marcus Bent?
  • Chris & Colin Powell?
  • Elliot & Robert Lee?
  • Elliot & Robert Lee?
    Or maybe Olly too?
  • Also, Leon Cort is (I think) one of 5 players to have:

- Played for Charlton 
    - Played in the Premier League
    - Had a brother/brothers who played in the Premier League.

Can anyone name the other 4?
    Bradley Allan
    Alan/Garry Kimble 
    BWP

• Bradley Allen and Clive or Paul Allen (though might be cousins)
  • Sponsored links:

• Bradley Allen and Clive or Paul Allen (though might be cousins)
    Bradley is Clive's brother so ✅
  • edited December 2021
    My comment just now about the Kimbles was absolute rubbish 
  • Elliot Ward never actually played for us did he so I going for Ben Alnwick has the 4th.
  • My comment just now about the Kimbles was absolute rubbish 
    Alan played about 200 games in it!!

It's not the right answer though cos Garry didn't play any. 
  • Bradley Allen is right
    Ben Alnwick is right

Both great shouts.

One to get I think.

Clue - foreign player.
  • Bradley Allen is right
    Ben Alnwick is right

Both great shouts.

One to get I think.

Clue - foreign player.
    Are you counting the Alonso Cup appearance? 
  • Alonso?
    Yes, well done!!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Bradley Allen is right
    Ben Alnwick is right

Both great shouts.

One to get I think.

Clue - foreign player.
    Are you counting the Alonso Cup appearance? 
    Yes, none of them played for us in the Premier League, but he played for us, played in the Premier League for Bolton and obviously Xabi played.
  • Isnt a Football fact but still thought it was pretty interesting... Max Verstappen is the first winner of the F1 World Championship (since Niki Lauda in 1984) not to have raced against Michael Schumacher.
  • Sponsored links:

• In 1957, in December at the Valley .............. you know the rest
  • Sweden’s AIK played a friendly against an English club on 7 June 1946. AIK were 7-1 down with half an hour to go, but managed to score six to make it even. The English team was – you’ve guessed it – Charlton Athletic.
  • Nigerian striker Victor Ikpeba's wife locked him in his house on the day he was supposed to be signing for Reggiana, and wouldn't let him out until he agreed to stay at Monaco, as she liked living there.
    Barry Kitchener spent 16 years at Millwall because Mrs Kitchener loved Bermondsey so much.
  • Stig said:
    Nigerian striker Victor Ikpeba's wife locked him in his house on the day he was supposed to be signing for Reggiana, and wouldn't let him out until he agreed to stay at Monaco, as she liked living there.
    Barry Kitchener spent 16 years at Millwall because Mrs Kitchener loved Bermondsey so much.
    I remember Mrs Unsworth not wanting to live in Birmingham any more after he'd had about a week at Villa.
  • I thought her complaint was that her husband couldn't get home for lunch from Birmingham.
  • The shortest goalkeeper to be named in a Premier League matchday squad was Nicky Byrne from Westlife.

• edited December 2021
    iaitch said:
    I thought her complaint was that her husband couldn't get home for lunch from Birmingham.
    Haha you may be right!  You'd think she'd have worked that one out beforehand.