Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Ive only ever done 1 survey

that was deleted without explanation,outrageous!!!
    Why haven’t you mentioned this before?
  • Options
    Brian McClair was the 1st player to score 20 league goals for Man United in a season for nearly 20 years after he signed from Celtic. 
  • Options
    No English manager has ever won the premier league.
  • Options
    Who was the last English manager to win anything? 

McClaren with Boro?
  • Options

McClaren with Boro?
    FA Cup: Harry Redknapp (2008) - Portsmouth
    League Cup: Steve McClaren (2004) - Middlesbrough
    League: Howard Wilkinson (1992) - Leeds United

UEFA Cup: Peter Shreeves (1984) - Tottenham Hotspur
    European Cup: Joe Fagan (1984) - Liverpool

Championship hasnt even been won by an Englishman since 2016 (Sean Dyche with Burnley)
  • Options

McClaren with Boro?

Championship hasnt even been won by an Englishman since 2016 (Sean Dyche with Burnley)
    Completely forgot about Pompey.
  • Options
    Re Harry Redknapp, here's one I find hard to believe.

Despite taking payments in his dog's name, he wasn't found guilty of tax evasion.
  • Options

McClaren with Boro?

Completely forgot about Pompey.
    Venables won the FA Cup with Spurs in 1991 and Joe Royale won it with Everton in 1995 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam Johnson has scored a premier league hatrick more recently than Manchester United. 
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    Swindon Town is the only league football club in England or Scotland that doesn't contain any letters that appear in the word mackerel.
    Good one, there is also one underground station that doesn't contain those letters too.
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    Swindon Town is the only league football club in England or Scotland that doesn't contain any letters that appear in the word mackerel.
    Good one, there is also one underground station that doesn't contain those letters too.
    Woodford....I think Paul Williams was from round there. 
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:

ReeCAFC15 said:
    There is an R in Woodford & mackerel.
  • Options
    St Johns wood
  • Options
    Roland passed the EFL fit and proper owner test.
    One year on and if only we knew what was coming next
  • Options
    Roland passed the EFL fit and proper owner test.
    One year on and if only we knew what was coming next
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    If you search Wikipedia for "9-11" or "11-9", you're redirected to the page on the September 11th attacks.  If you search for "7-7" it takes you to the page for the London Bombings.  Such are the iconic status of the numbers 9-11 and 7-7.  

"7-1" takes you straight to the page for the 2014 World Cup match between Brazil and Germany. 
    And if I search for 69?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pegguy Arphexad only ever played 39 games despite having a 16 year long career.
    21 for Leicester 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    St Johns wood
    Yes that's the one.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    If you search Wikipedia for "9-11" or "11-9", you're redirected to the page on the September 11th attacks.  If you search for "7-7" it takes you to the page for the London Bombings.  Such are the iconic status of the numbers 9-11 and 7-7.  

"7-1" takes you straight to the page for the 2014 World Cup match between Brazil and Germany. 
    And if I search for 69?
    You end up having a wank 
  • Options
    In his games as manager against West Ham and Watford, Pep Guardiola boasts a combined aggregate score of 65-6
  • Options
    Jose Mourinho won the Premier League with Chelsea in both the 2005/06 and 2014/15 seasons without winning a single manager of the month award in either
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    If you use their full name though it does. It’s Swindon Town Football Club after all.
  • Options
    happyvalley said:
    MrOneLung said:
    St Johns wood
    Yes that's the one.
    One tube station doesn’t contain any of the letters from coronavirus in it
  • Options
    Phil Neville made more premier league appearances than gary Neville 

Behind San Siro and stadio olimpico, the third biggest Stadium in Italy belongs to Bari.

two random unrelated facts which I learned from my quiz tonight 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Addick90 said:
    Phil Neville made more premier league appearances than gary Neville 

Behind San Siro and stadio olimpico, the third biggest Stadium in Italy belongs to Bari.

two random unrelated facts which I learned from my quiz tonight 
    Surprised at the 2nd one

First one is less surprising and I would have guessed Phil Neville had played more games, mainly because he retired a couple of years after Gary, also didn't Gary have a bad injury that kept him out for almost a season at one point and his last season at united he barely played as well.

Edit: I just looked the injury up on Wikipedia, the 2008 Community Shield was his first game back after a 17 month injury, I knew it was a long one didnt realise it was 17 months tho
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Isnt Juventus' ground only 41,500 (staggering for a club of their size) because attendances have been dropping quite a bit in Italian Football over recent years?

i.e. they've deliberately built a smaller stadium so there arent so many empty seats