Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Essex Cricket 2019

Comments

• Options
    Thought I was the only one watching 🤣
  • Options
    Well done Essex 
  • Options
    Watched it in the Red Robin in Wigan, well done Essex, a good game
  • Options
    Hey hey, what a match. Harmergeddon!
  • Options
    Congratulations .
  • Options
    Probably a summer Moeen Ali would like to forget
  • Options
    Game down to the last ball, can't ask for more than that. Well, maybe a 6 over thumpathon
  • Options
    Never in doubt
  • Options
    Well done

A massive achievement to win the Blast AND be a top 4 day side as well, as so many of the best Blast sides are rubbish at red ball cricket, as they just concentrate on the white ball game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ten pints under it was brilliant 
    cricket at its moodiest 
    if the bookies weren’t involved in the first semi Charlton have good away support 

I’m smashed and don’t support any county cricket team but my sons are Essex and I took two of them and they are buzzing so can’t knock it 
    Esssssssssex 

they understood they couldn’t shout Eagles 
  • Options
    cmon somerset
  • Options
    You won it last year. Stop moaning. 

Thought Moeen bowled well. 
  • Options
    What a finals day!
    Congratulations Essex!
  • Options
    Hildreth looking good :)

Sam Cook doing his best Stevo impression
  • Options
    Somerset are on their last warning for dodgy pitches. They also need to win, and the weather is against them. I wonder if they will throw the dice and accept a fine in the hope of forcing a result with a bombsite of a pitch? Harmer is probably licking his lips at that prospect
  • Options
    Pitch is playing ok tbh, turning obviously but it always does. I've decided to model my bowling action on Harmer next season
  • Options
    Harmer goes for two boundaries. Fuck this I'm going to look up footage of Robert Croft on youtube
  • Options
    I am a shit club batsman but I would be playing zero balls from Harmer on the back foot. Sure I'd give one of the close guys a catch before long but I wouldn't be getting out like these guys are
  • Options
    If this was 2002, Sam Cook would be getting an England call-up about now. Sadly, late 70s mph aren't in vogue. But he's a damn sight of a better bowler than some of his pacier brethren
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 runs off 8.5 that's incredible bowling. 
  • Options
    I've seen some bad "leaves" in my time but the one demonstrated by new England call up, Lewis Gregory, is as bizarre as they come.
  • Options
    Congratulations Essex - double winners.
  • Options
    Great effort by Essex to win both the CC and the T20, and without having Test ground income either. It really shows up the likes of Notts
  • Options
    It's blissful. Must be like how it feels to support man city :) or Barcelona when Spain were winning the world and euro titles!
  • Options
    First time anyone has done that double. Very impressive. Must admit I wanted Essex over Somerset. 
  • Options
    It was nice when Essex won the first time but I was rooting for Somerset. I suppose Hampshire or Yorkshire will win next year, meaning that the CC champions will be overwhelmingly powered by a bloke who should be in SA's Test side for the fourth year running
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Obviously benefited from not having any international call ups but that is not their fault.

Only lost 1 game all season, and had a streak of 6 victories in a row.

However the real force behind winning the double was Kent not winning any of their last 5 T20 games allowing Essex into 4th place, and Kent rolling over for 40 in the 4 day game when we had a first innings lead of a 100 !!!

!