Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Essex Cricket 2019

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Notts are unbelievably pathetic this season, they were about 140-3 a few minutes ago!
    Good!
  • 170/8 Essex hitting their stride 
  • 213 all out. 

Essex 72-1 at close. 
  • Essex now on 519/7, about 310 runs ahead with centuries for Browne and Bopara. Ashwin suffering on his home debut, 3/162 after 60 overs! Hopefully the pitch isn't completely dead, and Essex can wrap up
  • make that 519/9 declared, 306 to chase
  • Notts 0-1
  • Polish them off quickly please
  • 139-7
    Harmer 30 overs 3-27.
  • Sponsored links:

• All wrapped up. Somerset won as well, but hopefully we can keep the momentum going.
  • It will be a good battle between you and Somerset for the title, as long as Notts go down I don't care!

Big contrast between Essex and Notts. Essex with a core of home grown players, whereas Notts are reliant on poaching players from other clubs. I hope the likes of Duckett and Joe Clarke enjoy being back in Div 2!
  • Yorks bundles out for 208, currently 55/1... I'm sure spinner aren't supposed to get "Micheles" in the first two sessions of the first day, but that's what Harmer has done... Again. Beard, porter and diddle sharing out the rest. We are certainly in form right now, let's see what happens elsewhere but I reckon only the weather can stop Somerset beating Notts
  • Somerset in trouble at 85-4 with Yorkshire having posted 500+
  • We are piling on the misery for Warks, nearly 200 runs ahead, and only lost one wicket. If somerset lose, it's going to tighten right up at the top
  • Bit of a collapse

198-6

a lead of 282
  • Essex declared 400 runs in the lead
  • Yorkshire just beaten Somerset.
    Harmer taken 4 for Essex. Just need another 4 to wrap it up.
  • Yorkshire just beaten Somerset.
    Is Harmer English? He seems to take a lot of wickets yet I've not really seen his name mentioned as a test possible.
  • LenGlover said:
    Yorkshire just beaten Somerset.
    Is Harmer English? He seems to take a lot of wickets yet I've not really seen his name mentioned as a test possible.
    He’s a saffer.
    not sure if he’s played test cricket for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    Yorkshire just beaten Somerset.
    He’s a saffer.
    not sure if he’s played test cricket for them.
    Yeah, he's played 5 tests for them
  • Not a dig at Essex (who've got an excellent record in bringing though young English players), but it's not good for the global game if someone like Harmer turns his back on his country at such a young age. It's not as if he's one of the global T20 stars, he's literally chosen Essex over being available for S Africa
  • Not a dig at Essex (who've got an excellent record in bringing though young English players), but it's not good for the global game if someone like Harmer turns his back on his country at such a young age. It's not as if he's one of the global T20 stars, he's literally chosen Essex over being available for S Africa
    Agree to an extent, but he wasn't getting picked for South Africa, and I guess just wanted to play cricket and have a stable career. Perhaps if there was more of a domestic scene in SA (I'll be the first to admit, I know nothing about SA first class cricket)
  • McBobbin said:
    Not a dig at Essex (who've got an excellent record in bringing though young English players), but it's not good for the global game if someone like Harmer turns his back on his country at such a young age. It's not as if he's one of the global T20 stars, he's literally chosen Essex over being available for S Africa
    Agree to an extent, but he wasn't getting picked for South Africa, and I guess just wanted to play cricket and have a stable career. Perhaps if there was more of a domestic scene in SA (I'll be the first to admit, I know nothing about SA first class cricket)
    It doesn't work the other way round, but the equivalent would be rejected England players deciding to quit the national team and sign up to play in a foreign country. Someone like Swann for example who was picked by England at a young age then dropped. Or perhaps Bairstow
  • McBobbin said:
    Not a dig at Essex (who've got an excellent record in bringing though young English players), but it's not good for the global game if someone like Harmer turns his back on his country at such a young age. It's not as if he's one of the global T20 stars, he's literally chosen Essex over being available for S Africa
    It doesn't work the other way round, but the equivalent would be rejected England players deciding to quit the national team and sign up to play in a foreign country. Someone like Swann for example who was picked by England at a young age then dropped. Or perhaps Bairstow
    It doesn't say much if you are put into a position where you can't play abroad and for your country.

Anyway, SA's loss is Essex's gain... Harmer has taken taken a five-fer and we need one more wicket for victory!

• TOTL TOTL essex
  • Anyone going tonight’s game against Somerset ? Not been a great campaign in the blast but 4th and possibly 3rd place still a possibility 
  • Not me, but going Wed next week, hope we are still in the competition by then
  • Never in doubt!