Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PC Keith Palmer

1235»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Utterly disgraceful scenes. 

The “he didn’t realise what he was pissing on/next to” argument exposes how false the “leave statues of racists up to help educate people” argument of last week was.

You are assuming that he was able to read and I'm sure that trying to educate himself was far from his mind.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    As an old git with a correspondingly weak bladder I just wonder what all the thousands of other protesters did if they needed to 'go' desperately given that public conveniences are closed at present because of the virus. I know for a fact I couldn't go all day without needing the facilities alcohol or no alcohol.

I can't believe that chap was the only person that took a slash in public yesterday or last week for that matter.

I'm not defending the fat git's choice of convenience at all but would be interested to learn of solutions to the problem I described.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    My opinion for what it’s worth, I don’t think he intentionally pissed on the memorial. If he did he’s made a terrible effort of it. He has behaved like a disrespectful, drunken idiot on a day that should not have been about that and he, like many of those who attended, has brought shame on himself and those associated with him and has handed the media/left a narrative on a plate. 

However, I think if the vile, racist (and they are that as they would certainly be if perpetrated by white individuals) mob attacks we saw yesterday had been white on black, that would be the main headline and the fury would be off the richter scale.

Where is the condemnation? The establishment/ Twitter voices and media have quite rightfully highlighted the disgraceful scenes from some of the far right yesterday - they were sickening - but unless or until the aforementioned start to treat and report on these events more objectively, it will continue to build resentment.

I read a decent sky news report yesterday, which did highlight some accurate facts - it was a minority of the far right and there were other groups involved. But you had to really search for it and it doesn’t appear to represent 99% of what I’m seeing today.

Happy to be proved wrong, as we all miss things.

1. He outraged public decency.  2. He pissed on a memorial to a hero. 3. He pissed on the railings of a nationally-important public Palace.  4. He was part of an illegal gathering (illegal due to the pandemic).  

5. He may have been, as you say, drunk.  

Five, chargeable offences.   

Why does the media have to couch a report about someone breaking several laws, by reporting, in the same story, other crimes?  What this horrible little man did was wrong.  The fact that other wrong things happen, doesn't make his pathetic behaviour any more or less acceptable. 
    I never said it did. 

What I do know is that a hefty part of the population (esp in their younger years) will have done 3 of the 5 things above, esp on boozy weekends. In fact I think a cert PM’s son may have done something similar?! It’s bad behaviour and due to when it happened is rightfully getting the media attention and scorn that it deserves.

I don’t think nearly as many people have been involved in a crazed mob attack on someone, arguably because of their skin colour. They are few and far between thankfully, yet we saw at least three attacks yesterday and no mention or reference to it, from what I can see, in the mainstream media.

If you think that is not the point, or is fair, or acceptable, or will help this wider issue, then we’ll have to respectfully agree to disagree. 
    Let me make the point again.  The fact that other people have done thing wrong doesn't mitigate what this person has done.  His actions would be no more and no less abhorrent and indefensible if he'd been the only person breaking any law in London that day.  

To make the point as clear as possible, I have emboldened the part of your post that's not relevant to what this despicable, reprehensible did.  

Despite what he did, of course, Keith Palmer was, and will always remain, the best of us.  
  • Options
    iainment said:
    My opinion for what it’s worth, I don’t think he intentionally pissed on the memorial. If he did he’s made a terrible effort of it. He has behaved like a disrespectful, drunken idiot on a day that should not have been about that and he, like many of those who attended, has brought shame on himself and those associated with him and has handed the media/left a narrative on a plate. 

However, I think if the vile, racist (and they are that as they would certainly be if perpetrated by white individuals) mob attacks we saw yesterday had been white on black, that would be the main headline and the fury would be off the richter scale.

Where is the condemnation? The establishment/ Twitter voices and media have quite rightfully highlighted the disgraceful scenes from some of the far right yesterday - they were sickening - but unless or until the aforementioned start to treat and report on these events more objectively, it will continue to build resentment.

I read a decent sky news report yesterday, which did highlight some accurate facts - it was a minority of the far right and there were other groups involved. But you had to really search for it and it doesn’t appear to represent 99% of what I’m seeing today.

Happy to be proved wrong, as we all miss things.

I do find the one sided selective reporting of events concerning too.  Feel very uncomfortable with that and does not speak of balance and just fuels the idiots narrative.

Saw some horrific videos of violent mob attacks on individuals including one alleged throat slashing in Trafalgar square which does not seem to be garnering anywhere near the same attention as this prick pissing.  It should be equally reported and condemned by anyone decent.

As i said in my post above they are all mindless scum and need to all sort themselves out.

As Gary says too the fact this is all occurring in the middle of the worst pandemic the country has seen in over a century and potentially risking the lives of innocent people and the protraction of the virus is very wrong too.
    If there was an alleged throat slashing, as you say, no media would ignore that. So, unless verified, I would say that this is just one of the myths of the day.
    All confrontational events have these, from both sides. It’s a way to put your enemy down, promote the justice of your position and deflect criticism of your position.

Fair enough.  However, there were definitely some mob beatings of individuals occurring yesterday that seem to have bypassed the same level of reporting and scrutiny...(apologies if I've misconstrued this and it is being reported and condemned as widely)....which just leaves one side of dickheads feeling vindicated and justified in their shithousery.

The violence and other such behaviour should be reported equally so that everyone decent can unite in widely condemning it rather than letting such events fuel the narrative and be manipulated as weird justification in the warped minds of the perpetrators. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this was a picture of a black fella or white middle class lefty type the spleen shitting would be off the scale. 

Middle of a pandemic and the fat mess in his teenager's trainers is either so inebriated he can't clock it or just doesn't care.

Keith Palmer was one of our own and the epitome of what is good about this country who gave his life protecting it....the people fighting people like Keith Palmer yesterday and this cunt pissing next to his memorial are the polar opposite as are the scum element on the other side who also wreaked violence yesterday and last week.

Truly despairing this is unfolding in London  2020 and a lot of people need to have a long hard look at themselves including the utter shitstain fat mug spraying his rancid stella fuelled  piss over the memorial of a proper hero and Charlton fan at that.

Scum.
    Agree with you wholeheartedly but want to point out that white working class lefty types are also available.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!