Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    I can forgive you the Jaffa of a delivery, but the double drop is a shocker Joe.
  • Options
    Hearing the build up on TalkSport, I am not surprised... We sounded like we were coming in overconfident for some reason whereas Aus seemed to be a lot more cautious and focused on how to overcome us. 

Coincidentally we're giving them lovely Australia like weather to boost their chances. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?
    Oddily enough doesn't his grandmother come from this country. 
    I know we are desperate but surely a 79 year old woman wouldn't get in the England side ?

If she an opener the selector will have a look.

OMG. I nearly just spat out my WKD Blue.  That was so funny reading that. Especially at the last sentence. 

WKD Blue, how old are you Paul??
    Old enough mate. I have Buds in the fridge mate but unlike you I can't drink too much beer as I get full up with it plus home shopping is due at 6pm plus as you know I am only a little one. 

That was my point mate lol I had WKD's when I was 16/17, come on mate man up at least get on the buds or even a dark fruit cider if you want to take it easy. You might aswell be drinking a fruit shoot :)

Don't bring your height into this one! Hope you get a job sorted soon, should have looked my way (LV) we keep hiring a lot of late

Hi mate.

Are you in Croydon?

In all seriousness I am recovering from my op. Knee is still sore but I am at that stage.
    Am about to update my CV. 
  • Options
    97-4   Head b Stokes 25
  • Options
    So it's either the cricket or The Chase. I will be watching the Chase but dipping in every now and again.
  • Options
    Well deserved Ben Stokes. 
  • Options
    We are seeing again that the bowling is not a problem..... Stokes / Woakes should be no higher than 7 and 8 and we need 5 proper test batsmen and a new captain to allow the 6th (Joe Root) to concentrate on being a world class middle order test batsmen
  • Options
    I see that Haseeb Hameed has been released by Lancashire. From having such a promising start to a Test career with an average of 43 to possibly the end of a cricketing career in the space of a few years - and so sad that this is all by the age of 22.
    Such a shame - not least because he looked like he may become exactly the sort of player we need at the moment, stubborn bat all day type suited to Tests and not limited overs.
  • Options
    We are seeing again that the bowling is not a problem..... Stokes / Woakes should be no higher than 7 and 8 and we need 5 proper test batsmen and a new captain to allow the 6th (Joe Root) to concentrate on being a world class middle order test batsmen
    Agreed but not sure we have those 5.

Root of course.
    Burns maybe

Sibley opening maybe, Pope at 5?  

No idea who at 3/4.
  • Options
    Last review wasted. 
    Pisses me off how many we waste 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last review wasted. 
    Umpire's call therefore review retained.
  • Options
    Last review wasted. 
    Do you lose it for Umpire's Call?

Was worth a review anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Last review wasted. 

TBF the umpire gives that out and he would have been walking back to the pavillion.
  • Options
    I'll shut up now  😶
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?
    I know we are desperate but surely a 79 year old woman wouldn't get in the England side ?

OMG. I nearly just spat out my WKD Blue.  That was so funny reading that. Especially at the last sentence. 

Old enough mate. I have Buds in the fridge mate but unlike you I can't drink too much beer as I get full up with it plus home shopping is due at 6pm plus as you know I am only a little one. 

That was my point mate lol I had WKD's when I was 16/17, come on mate man up at least get on the buds or even a dark fruit cider if you want to take it easy. You might aswell be drinking a fruit shoot :)

Don't bring your height into this one! Hope you get a job sorted soon, should have looked my way (LV) we keep hiring a lot of late

Hi mate.

Are you in Croydon?

In all seriousness I am recovering from my op. Knee is still sore but I am at that stage.

Good luck with the job hunting, hope you find a good job very soon
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?

Hi mate.

Are you in Croydon?

Good luck with the job hunting, hope you find a good job very soon
    Thanks Johnysummers. I also took volunteer redundancy at my prev job as had so many things to sort out in my personal life which I have almost done. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Ashes have gone.

We need to use the final tests to start a rebuild. Use proper test players and not one day smashers.

honestly you may as well put Ballance in. He may be a snail but at least he lasts more than 5 balls
    That's the spirit! 
    So you think we can win this match?
    Yes I do think we can win it. But I don't think we will. 

A draw keeps the Ashes alive. Giving up on day two of the third test, with the score at 1-0 is a bit defeatist, in my view. 

Don't forget we've come back from much, much worse. On this ground. 
    The match won’t be a draw - we are on day 2 so that’s one result we can rule out.

They are now effectively approaching 150-1.

We can’t bat at test level.

The ashes are gone. Time to rebuild
    That's the spirit!
    Seriously @Chizz - what would you like him to say?!  Our batting at test match level is laughable!  Their best batsmen is out of this match.  His REPLACEMENT outscored our WHOLE team and we had the friendlier batting conditions!!
    He can say whatever he likes! And I can counter by saying the game's not lost, the series can't be lost in this Test and that the "time to rebuild" isn't half-way through a series. 
  • Options
    Just popped back. Great. Aussies got a 255 run lead. For obvious reasons they won't but they could declare tonight and we would lose a lot of wickets. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Ashes have gone.

We need to use the final tests to start a rebuild. Use proper test players and not one day smashers.

honestly you may as well put Ballance in. He may be a snail but at least he lasts more than 5 balls
    That's the spirit! 

A draw keeps the Ashes alive. Giving up on day two of the third test, with the score at 1-0 is a bit defeatist, in my view. 

The match won’t be a draw - we are on day 2 so that’s one result we can rule out.

That's the spirit!
    Seriously @Chizz - what would you like him to say?!  Our batting at test match level is laughable!  Their best batsmen is out of this match.  His REPLACEMENT outscored our WHOLE team and we had the friendlier batting conditions!!
    He can say whatever he likes! And I can counter by saying the game's not lost, the series can't be lost in this Test and that the "time to rebuild" isn't half-way through a series. 
    The series itself can’t be lost but the Ashes can be retained by the Aussies! 
  • Options
    Drinks break: Aussies 133-4, a lead of 245 (which is probably about 150 more than they need).

Labuschagne has faced 92 deliveries for his 32*. He faced 129 in his first innings.

In comparison the entire England innings lasted 167 balls with Denly occupying the longest (49).

Make of that what you will ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Drinks break: Aussies 133-4, a lead of 245 (which is probably about 150 more than they need).

Labuschagne has faced 92 deliveries for his 32*. He faced 129 in his first innings.

In comparison the entire England innings lasted 167 balls with Denly occupying the longest (49).

Make of that what you will ...
    We’re shite at test match batting? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    supaclive said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Ashes have gone.

That's the spirit! 

That's the spirit!
    And whatever he said you would have taken an opposing view.
    I'm surprised that there all still some yet to realise.
  • Options
    Archer limping off injured - either that or he shat himself. Can’t tell which tbh.
  • Options
    @Chizz how long have you been watching test cricket?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Let's hope that Archer just has cramp because I'm not sure today can get much worse unless a fight breaks out in the crowd and Ben Stokes wades in to break it up.
  • Options
    Archer limping off injured - either that or he shat himself. Can’t tell which tbh.
    Hopefully just cramp but not really what England need.

Stop over-bowling our best bowler!
  • Options
    Whilst we are waiting for our next wicket does anyone know the ages of our team at the moment.
    Can we put some of them out to "grass" once we have lost the ashes.. ie after the next test. 
  • Options
    I am trying to look at the look at the positive of losing the Ashes and it shows "just like the World Cup" we really need to invest in the future of Test Cricket and to coach young players how to bat and bowl. Not this dross that has been serves up this Test. Apart from a rare 100 by Stokes in the last test it has been crap. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I don't believe it !

That would have been out but it was a no ball.

Stokes is getting wound up with the dropped catch and now the no ball.
  • Options
    Stokes has given everything. 
    Love him.
    He is now bowling no balls and is seriously knackered. 
    Root is the only person who cannot see this.