Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    They had only just gone to a break before that wicket. 
  • Options
    Woo hoo!

Roy has contributed something positive to the England team!

He's taken a catch, Khawaja out for 23

Australia 52-3, Labuschagne leads England by 11 runs.
  • Options
    Nice to see that the Aussies are joining in with the deplorable batting; another poor stroke, slashing at a wide one.
  • Options
    Hopefully they carry on like it.  Gives us the faintest glimmer of hope at least.
  • Options
    and they have taken Leach off (who got a wicket) and bring on Archer. 
  • Options
    Sadly we will struggle to get 164 runs. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    and they have taken Leach off (who got a wicket) and bring on Archer (who's got six so far) 

• Options
    Rudders22 said:

Jofra's bowling down the hill from the Kirkstall Lane End.

Time to channel his inner Willis ...
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Not sure how Willis Drummond would be inspiring...
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time for my own drinks break. 
  • Options
    Meanwhile, Broad has decided to channel his inner Harmison.

Unfortunately more akin to the first ball of series at the 'Gabba than the slower ball that castled Michael Clarke.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?
    Oddily enough doesn't his grandmother come from this country. 
    I know we are desperate but surely a 79 year old woman wouldn't get in the England side ?

If she an opener the selector will have a look.

OMG. I nearly just spat out my WKD Blue.  That was so funny reading that. Especially at the last sentence. 
  • Options

Unfortunately more akin to the first ball of series at the 'Gabba than the slower ball that castled Michael Clarke.
    I remember that well. That was a "WTF was that" moment. 
  • Options
    I'm going to have to go and get a job once we have lost the Ashes. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    This is what being bottom of the premier league at Christmas feels like. Only half way but you know your down.
  • Options

Just a thought...

How can a team who consistently get over 300 in ODI, fail to get 200 and 4 scores less than 100 in the last 2 years. It doesn't make a lot of sense, I know test cricket is different but you would think even if we attacked as we do in the 1 day format, we would probably do better.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Just a thought...

How can a team who consistently get over 300 in ODI, fail to get 200 and 4 scores less than 100 in the last 2 years. It doesn't make a lot of sense, I know test cricket is different but you would think even if we attacked as we do in the 1 day format, we would probably do better.

Johnny for  the last couple of years we were reguarly getting over 300 to 400 in test innings in test cricket. I am not sure if it was because the opposition weren't that good. 

Also in one day cricket there are field restrictions.

However I do agree in that these batsmen SHOULD be able to adapt to any conditions and play the game but for some reason they can't?

• Options
    Rudders22 said:

I remember that well. That was a "WTF was that" moment. 
    Freddie Flintoff's comments afterwards were quite funny.

When asked what his thoughts were when the ball came to him at second slip he replied along the lines of "I wish it had come off the bat first!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just back from the beach. Are we ahead yet? 
  • Options
    So on the same pitch in the same conditions they have got more runs than us with less batsmen (even with Warner in their side). 
  • Options
    Just back from the beach. Are we ahead yet? 
    Very close.

We should be past the Aussies in about five years ...
  • Options
    Also Johnny. We might think if we can win the next 2 we can draw the series. We won't but even if we do, Aussies retain the Ashes as they were the holders as they beat us in Australia previously. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?
    I know we are desperate but surely a 79 year old woman wouldn't get in the England side ?

OMG. I nearly just spat out my WKD Blue.  That was so funny reading that. Especially at the last sentence. 

WKD Blue, how old are you Paul??
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?

Old enough mate. I have Buds in the fridge mate but unlike you I can't drink too much beer as I get full up with it plus home shopping is due at 6pm plus as you know I am only a little one. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    1StevieG said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who needs Smith?
    Us?

Old enough mate. I have Buds in the fridge mate but unlike you I can't drink too much beer as I get full up with it plus home shopping is due at 6pm plus as you know I am only a little one. 

That was my point mate lol I had WKD's when I was 16/17, come on mate man up at least get on the buds or even a dark fruit cider if you want to take it easy. You might aswell be drinking a fruit shoot :)

Don't bring your height into this one! Hope you get a job sorted soon, should have looked my way (LV) we keep hiring a lot of late

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Ashes have gone.

We need to use the final tests to start a rebuild. Use proper test players and not one day smashers.

honestly you may as well put Ballance in. He may be a snail but at least he lasts more than 5 balls
    That's the spirit! 
    So you think we can win this match?
    Yes I do think we can win it. But I don't think we will. 

A draw keeps the Ashes alive. Giving up on day two of the third test, with the score at 1-0 is a bit defeatist, in my view. 

Don't forget we've come back from much, much worse. On this ground. 
    We batted first in that match and we had Ian Botham.  England's greatest ever cricketer.
  • Options
    Root just dropped the Ashes. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Ashes have gone.

We need to use the final tests to start a rebuild. Use proper test players and not one day smashers.

honestly you may as well put Ballance in. He may be a snail but at least he lasts more than 5 balls
    That's the spirit! 
    So you think we can win this match?
    Yes I do think we can win it. But I don't think we will. 

A draw keeps the Ashes alive. Giving up on day two of the third test, with the score at 1-0 is a bit defeatist, in my view. 

Don't forget we've come back from much, much worse. On this ground. 
    The match won’t be a draw - we are on day 2 so that’s one result we can rule out.

They are now effectively approaching 150-1.

We can’t bat at test level.

The ashes are gone. Time to rebuild
    That's the spirit!
    Seriously @Chizz - what would you like him to say?!  Our batting at test match level is laughable!  Their best batsmen is out of this match.  His REPLACEMENT outscored our WHOLE team and we had the friendlier batting conditions!!