Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry's Heroes

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I think we should hear them...
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I think women, in a group, with the perfect storm of gin, vodka, pinot grigio, pink sashes and a sprinkling of narcotics have the capacity to behave appallingly. Like a pack.

I've got plenty of first hand experience of this and I've shared tons of my stories here over years. 

What is very different though is the dynamic that @AFKABartram is talking about is very different. I'm thinking of a time a load of us went to Estonia on a stag do, thankfully I was very much single at the time and from the moment we all met up at about 3am at Gatwick it was going south. In the minibus my mate Luke, who is absolutely disgusting and a real, horrible prospect on a stag do had put his finger, at best along his gooch at worst, up his rank dung button. And anyone who fell asleep or looked like were asleep he was wiping this finger on their face. I could see how this was going and sat out of reach of him. We got to Gatwick and another bloke, Paul, who you did not fuck with, told him if he carried on like that he would iron him out. Which meant he at least left paul alone. The piss taking is also a different type same with nicknames. As the stag, John the cunt, will attest to. 

Then we land in Estonia. I was sharing a room with big Luke and he shat the bed, shat in two of the other lads bath and in someone's washbag. 

I have tried but I cannot imagine a group of girls, regardless of how wild they are doing that 
    What goes on tour, stays on tour.
    Seriously 😜
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    blokes can say pretty much what they want to another mate when on one of these weekends away, whereas with the girls one off comment and the protagonists wont talk for a month.
    Jeez, I’m glad I don’t hang out with the girls you know 😳
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I used to play rugby and what goes on tour definitely should stay on tour! That said I met the boyfriend of one of the players (who didn't go on one particular tour to Canada) in Club La Santa several years after it who asked if I'd been on the tour with various 'incidents' - it seems the incidents has become quite notoroius!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I think women, in a group, with the perfect storm of gin, vodka, pinot grigio, pink sashes and a sprinkling of narcotics have the capacity to behave appallingly. Like a pack.

I've got plenty of first hand experience of this and I've shared tons of my stories here over years. 

What is very different though is the dynamic that @AFKABartram is talking about is very different. I'm thinking of a time a load of us went to Estonia on a stag do, thankfully I was very much single at the time and from the moment we all met up at about 3am at Gatwick it was going south. In the minibus my mate Luke, who is absolutely disgusting and a real, horrible prospect on a stag do had put his finger, at best along his gooch at worst, up his rank dung button. And anyone who fell asleep or looked like were asleep he was wiping this finger on their face. I could see how this was going and sat out of reach of him. We got to Gatwick and another bloke, Paul, who you did not fuck with, told him if he carried on like that he would iron him out. Which meant he at least left paul alone. The piss taking is also a different type same with nicknames. As the stag, John the cunt, will attest to. 

Then we land in Estonia. I was sharing a room with big Luke and he shat the bed, shat in two of the other lads bath and in someone's washbag. 

I have tried but I cannot imagine a group of girls, regardless of how wild they are doing that 
    Had a mate who was fucking identical. Many with know of Hillsys arse terrors, who live in Charlton.
    I am sure Big Rob will substantiate his antics.
    A classic being when he was playing up in. Indian take away.
    The curry they gave him was volcanic.
    He ate it, dispensed his innards into the carton (with lid) and offered it up to the owner commenting
    ”think this is off mate”
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Curb_It said:

“very few groups of women understand and appreciate it like blokes do.”

Bollocks.

“Because lads do nothing but take the piss out of each other in a way the ladies can just never do.”

And some More bollocks.

To add to that further and going slightly off topic the one thing I would say after reading threads on here and on Twitter about the state of our club, Women certainly wouldn’t act like a bunch of bitching, teenage girls, arguing so publicly, the likes of which I have never witnessed. Grown men swinging their dicks in a great big dick swinging contest. Utter nonsense coming out of grown men. Embarrassing.

i bet if it had been left to women they would have sorted out the ownership far quicker than has been done so far.

And stick that great big sweeping generalisation up all your arses! 

Good night! 
    👍 

Brenda, did any of your girls escapades involve four of you going on a tour in just a two man scout tent, camping in a field in the middle of nowhere, or by the side of the road? Pushing a broken down, overloaded car into a car park and travelling by bus to junk yards to find a new diff and turning the car on its side to replace it?

Putting your milk on the engine to unfreeze it after leaving it outside the tent? Climbing up drainpipes cos your B&B hosts followed through with their midnight curfew?  Walking five miles from the pub over scrubland  in the general direction of your camp after midnight?

Spending a fortnights holiday stepping over a broken glass, no matter how pissed, in your bedroom that was broken on second night by your mate who refused to clean it up? 

And I haven't even mention sex. We are comparing amateurs to professionals.

There will be more disgusting posts, but mine is about the hardiness of the participants.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    When you were young and with a group of similar aged mates, the criteria for doing anything was whether it was funny or not. When you learn that a future Prime Minister stuck his todger in a pig's mouth, you have a great example. I know I have done some stupid things I am not proud of and put myself at risk or embarressed myself. When you are young, you are indestructible, or at least you think you are. 

You do feel alive and I suppose the tour gave these middle aged blokes, largely living sensible lives a chance to be young again. Who wouldn't want to be young again? 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Bollocks.

“Because lads do nothing but take the piss out of each other in a way the ladies can just never do.”

And some More bollocks.

To add to that further and going slightly off topic the one thing I would say after reading threads on here and on Twitter about the state of our club, Women certainly wouldn’t act like a bunch of bitching, teenage girls, arguing so publicly, the likes of which I have never witnessed. Grown men swinging their dicks in a great big dick swinging contest. Utter nonsense coming out of grown men. Embarrassing.

i bet if it had been left to women they would have sorted out the ownership far quicker than has been done so far.

Good night! 
    👍 

Brenda, did any of your girls escapades involve four of you going on a tour in just a two man scout tent, camping in a field in the middle of nowhere, or by the side of the road? Pushing a broken down, overloaded car into a car park and travelling by bus to junk yards to find a new diff and turning the car on its side to replace it?

Putting your milk on the engine to unfreeze it after leaving it outside the tent? Climbing up drainpipes cos your B&B hosts followed through with their midnight curfew?  Walking five miles from the pub over scrubland  in the general direction of your camp after midnight?

Spending a fortnights holiday stepping over a broken glass, no matter how pissed, in your bedroom that was broken on second night by your mate who refused to clean it up? 

There will be more disgusting posts, but mine is about the hardiness of the participants.

B might not be able to answer this but I can.
    Yes.
  • Options
    Back to the subject matter for a moment. Both last time and this time against the Germans they were the better team and looked like winning. With Harry involved something just doesn't add up. 
  • Options
    Back to the subject matter for a moment. Both last time and this time against the Germans they were the better team and looked like winning. With Harry involved something just doesn't add up. 
    I reckon two versions of the programme were shot - one for us and one for the Germans. And ours just left out the German goal whereas theirs revelled in us losing following yet another penalty shoot out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon two versions of the programme were shot - one for us and one for the Germans. And ours just left out the German goal whereas theirs revelled in us losing following yet another penalty shoot out!
    I'm getting so cynical in my old age that was exactly what I thought watching the other night!
  • Options
    I dunno, that youngster the Germans had up front may have been far fitter than anyone else, but in terms of goal scoring was somewhat Charltonised...
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Bollocks.

And some More bollocks.

Good night! 
    👍 

I’m always unnerved by people calling me by my name when I’ve no clue who they are?

i take your points but that wasn’t really the point of my reply to Danny’s comment. it’s not a competition on hardiness. Though I’ve been a fair few escapades over the years. 

Anyway I watched the first episode last night and really enjoyed it so going to watch the rest now.

• Options
    What disappointed me the most was all the players heard Ruddock say he had to change his lifestyle otherwise he would end up killing himself and none of them, except for Paul Merson, were willing to call him out or try to stop him from eating and drinking himself to death.

In fact they encouraged him to drink as much as possible. Not that he needed much encouragement but you would think at least one of them would have at least said something to his face to try and help him even if he didn't want to help himself.   
  • Options
    What disappointed me the most was all the players heard Ruddock say he had to change his lifestyle otherwise he would end up killing himself and none of them, except for Paul Merson, were willing to call him out or try to stop him from eating and drinking himself to death.

In fact they encouraged him to drink as much as possible. Not that he needed much encouragement but you would think at least one of them would have at least said something to his face to try and help him even if he didn't want to help himself.   
     Complete agree - Merson's comments on why he stopped drinking were absolutely heart-breaking and doubtless would have pinged a few consciences across the country from men and indeed women who lived the same life.

As others have said there is a fair chance that Ruddock feels that he has to keep on living that cartoon character life with the drinking and eating and is scared of what's on the other side.

In the UK there is simply a massive drinking culture, especially in working class life, and that may not necessarily be a huge problem if you are working 8am to 6pm because you don't have that much spare time to actually get on it but retired footballers DO have plenty of time to drink and it never ends well.

On the excellent 'Under the Cosh' podcast Brett Ormerod, ex Saints and Blackpool, said that he now works as a courier in Preston, not because he needs the money but because he needs something to focus on and get up for or his life would become a mess.
  • Options
    Yeah Ruddock’s an embarrassment. Imagine if that was your dad.