Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bloke Behind You thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    I know who you lot mean and they are always smashed. As someone else said earlier, did anyone see them at Watford, god knows how they even got let in the ground!!
  • Options
    Me and the old man used to sit next to a guy in the old Covered End that, at the start of every game, wave over to the East, shout "BARRY! BARRY!" and then wave at his "mate" and sit down...

After a season or two we realised that he was on his own, drank on his own at HT and that no one ever waved back...... So we started to shout "BARRY! BARRY!" and waving as well......The next season he stopped calling for Barry and then started doing the same to the West but this time it was "DAVE! DAVE!"

We still see him from time to time (still on his Jack) and is know to us as....You guessed it Barry-Barry
  • Options
    I knew that my mate would get a mention here, and Len Glover has done just that! 'Mixer Man' is my mate and you're right, he is a character! As for the Media Darling references to Matty Holland that's my fault. He appeared on Question of Sport once so when i told my mate that ,he said he was more bothered about media work than playing for Charlton, hence he's the media darling for evermore.
    Anyone and everyone who sits around us and doesn't sing constantly is labelled a 'mute mug' by him too. Anyone on here from K block will know who i'm on about and Rothko, you either still do or used to work with him!!! I won't name names.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]a bloke in my golf society has a daughter that works for the fa. they are both cafc nuts.
    he's known as john the rat.
    if you post on here john, give us a whisper.

Does he work for Rentokil?
  • Options
    When I had my season ticket at West Ham, there was a guy sitting behind me who use to constantly shout "Slippers" when ever Mullins got the ball. His kid used to scream "Cmon West Ham" every 5 minutes in an incredibly high pitched voice. Ther were both very irritating people!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]a bloke in my golf society has a daughter that works for the fa. they are both cafc nuts.
    he's known as john the rat.
    if you post on here john, give us a whisper.

Does he work for Rentokil?

yep. thats him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Bloke behind me goes by the name of 'Col' is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet. He has been going since 1968 and we have got very friendly over the years. He does generate a lot of spittle, however.

I thought that Col might be Dave Storry off here, especially the spittle bit. But i know he's been going earlier than 1968 :-)
  • Options
    Well last night was a rare outing to the West Stand. Someone was sitting in our seats but rather than make a scene myself & Gumbo sat elsewhere only to be moved again by people demanding to sit in the seats we were in, but anyway I digress. Last night in the first half I had to listen to the bloke & his mate behind me complain after six minutes that we were 'Dire' and then that we were 'So unfit' after thirteen minutes. He continued to moan throughout the first half never saying anything positive even when we scored. We did not go back to the same sesats second half as would have had to belt him eventually. Really don't understand why he bothered going as he clearly does not enjoy it & last night there were things to enjoy seeing. A serial moaner he must post on here !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Well last night was a rare outing to the West Stand. Someone was sitting in our seats but rather than make a scene myself & Gumbo sat elsewhere only to be moved again by people demanding to sit in the seats we were in, but anyway I digress. Last night in the first half I had to listen to the bloke & his mate behind me complain after six minutes that we were 'Dire' and then that we were 'So unfit' after thirteen minutes. He continued to moan throughout the first half never saying anything positive even when we scored. We did not go back to the same sesats second half as would have had to belt him eventually. Really don't understand why he bothered going as he clearly does not enjoy it & last night there were things to enjoy seeing. A serial moaner he must post on here !

You wonder what it would actually take for someone like that to be happy. They probably still moaned when we were turning over Arsenal and Chelsea.
  • Options
    The bloke behind RedarmySE7 last night was hilarious. Joke after joke after joke. And his missus was lovely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot the difference