Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bloke Behind You thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i think i no these chaps, is one of them an older bloke, with normally a fat bloke with gingerish hair, they used to sit in front of me in the F block in the old covered end, and everytime the fat bloke got up we all used to sing who ate all the pies! now they sit close to the bottom of the j block, and are very amusing

I know the ones. Can see them from my H block vantage point. Anyone see them at Watford? I don't think I can say anymore than that, they are definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic (and there was evidence that they were one controllable bladder short too).
  • Options
    whenever someone posts start 'that drunk bloke..............' i find myself reading the rest of the post out of one eye between a gap in my fingers.
  • Options
    Bloke who sits next to me disappears at half time every week. Running joke being that he misunderstood the premise of a half season ticket!
  • Options
    They crack me up them doods i tell ya, they are always singing on there own!!

How far back do you sit in the h block dude? you should come say hello
  • Options
    The bloke in front of me slags off Luke Young incessantly and is the spit of Claudio Ranieri.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]The bloke in front of me slags off Luke Young incessantly and is the spit of Claudio Ranieri.

lol
  • Options
    The girl with a mouth like a sailors parrot, is she ginger and works for the FA? If so sound girl, used to travel away a fair bit with them when I was younger!

In front of my I have the most annoying faimily ever, the mum spends EVERY game moaning about how expensive everything is and the two sons spend the game eating or fighting, or both at the same time. The mum also constantly has a pop at me for standing up, when she is INFRONT of me and I sit in the back row.

However, the kid paulbaconsarnie is talking about is an abolute legend, he's great!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]They crack me up them doods i tell ya, they are always singing on there own!!

I'm row K, a few mates in my row but a few right at the back too.

Was planning on trying to make the CharltonLife Summer beer up so may introduce myself then. May of course get scared by the clique and just sit in the corner on my own!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]sco and pbs do you sit in g block? my favourite is the young lad in the g block a few rows behind who loves it... always chanting.. maybe same kid

That be us. You must be right near us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]They crack me up them doods i tell ya, they are always singing on there own!!

I'm row K, a few mates in my row but a few right at the back too.

Was planning on trying to make the CharltonLife Summer beer up so may introduce myself then. May of course get scared by the clique and just sit in the corner on my own!

tell ya what leaburn, by finances are in tatters, the trouble is i dont get paid till the next day after the drink up, and i already borrowed enough off of my old girl! cant see me being able to make it, and i love them drinks up in town! not good for me at the mo finance wise!

dont wworry about the clique, people forget hardly any of us knew eachother when it was formed, and its not really a clique as we welcome anyone in for a drink with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite] dont wworry about the clique, people forget hardly any of us knew eachother when it was formed, and its not really a clique as we welcome anyone in for a drink with us.
    [cite]

MCS is absolutely right about this!

Make sure you get down there if you can- i have other arrangements later that night but definately passing through to say hello to some fellow lifers.

MCS- get along if you can mate!
  • Options
    For me It's all very well behaved, i sit in the west lower not far from reg, he always has his flask with him. Never any foul mouthed yobs or drunken idiots,all in all a most pleasent experience.
  • Options
    the fellow to my right is such a lovely man
    but he really has no clue about football

no, no, KB sits to my left ;-)
  • Options
    Bloke behind me sings songs about Andy Reid on his own.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Bloke behind me sings songs about Andy Reid on his own.

You should join in, mate. All together now....

He's fat
    He's round
    He cost three million pounds
    Andy Reid, Andy Reid

He's fat
    He's round
    He cost three million pounds
    Andy Reid, Andy Reid

If it wasn't for his belly he'd be slim
    If it wasn't for his belly he'd be slim
    If it wasn't for his belly, wasn't for his belly
    Wasn't for his belly he'd be slim.

Singing bring on the pasties and the pies
    Singing bring on the pasties and the pies
    Bring on the pasties, bring on the pasties
    Bring on the pasties and the pies
    AND THE PIES

I thank you...
  • Options
    Brian Cole about 10 yards to the right trying to get the East Stand singing.

Bloke to the right who has moaned ever since the stand was built "where's the midfield?"

My brother having a go at Carson

Darren Bent's family going mental behind me when he's on the attack or when he scores
  • Options
    Excellent Valley_McMoist, lol
  • Options
    thw bloke next to me would take great pride in showing me his betting slip every week "i've got a winner here" . And every week when it doesn't come in he would stand up and

"you ******* c**** you just lost me a fiver"

classic.

The 2 kids in front are a pair of rascals always letting off the squeaky balloons in the North Upper in the hope of gettting just 1 on the pitch. they've let off stink bombs, those little snapper things - u name it the 'erberts have done it.

Then those poor bastards have got to put up with me LOL
  • Options
    Next to me is the wife!
    One of the blokes that sits a few rows behind me in the lower west once called Tango man a toss##.
    The red head that works for the FA,Lucy I think,same coach a few seasons ago.
  • Options
    a bloke in my golf society has a daughter that works for the fa. they are both cafc nuts.
    he's known as john the rat.
    if you post on here john, give us a whisper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]a bloke in my golf society has a daughter that works for the fa. they are both cafc nuts.
    he's known as john the rat.
    if you post on here john, give us a whisper.

John the Rat is the guy I was on about who stands in J Block I think just across the Isle from me in H block. Top bloke he is.
  • Options
    CommentAuthorCarter Comment
    Time22 hours ago permalinkquoteblock userblock comment

I like the three drunks. Carlsberg and Ketters know who I'm on about. Sit by the stairs at the bottom of J block. The ringleader wears a white away shirt with Pardew on the back.

Those 3 sit in front of me.
    When I sat in the lower north, I had a bloke with the initials of PV sitting behind me for about 5-6 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]CommentAuthorCarter Comment

I like the three drunks. Carlsberg and Ketters know who I'm on about. Sit by the stairs at the bottom of J block. The ringleader wears a white away shirt with Pardew on the back.

When I sat in the lower north, I had a bloke with the initials of PV sitting behind me for about 5-6 years.

Them guys are classic & do not stop all game, they make me & few of my lot look sober. They stood in front of us for a Carling Cup game, good lads they are.
  • Options
    The bloke behind me used to come out with some good ones...

A favourite was "don't let 'em play Chal'on", usually directed at a team miles better than us like Arsenal, but also used when playing crap teams like Sarfend!

Another good one was "this is their cup final charl'on" which was saved for smaller teams like Stockport and Wallsall, who'd then roll us over! Why didn't the team listen to him!?

Unfortunately the gentleman in question has now passed away. He was a top bloke and CAFC through and through. I kinda miss his insight, so am considering resurrecting these two phrases next year in his honour...
  • Options
    i do wonder what people infront come away saying about me, especially when i shout 'we're all over them' 5 seconds after we kick off.
  • Options
    Many years ago when the East Terrace was, well, a terrace there was a guy who had two phrases he always used and have now gone done in folklore with my little group.

Whenever a centre half climbed on a Charlton player you heard "Bring a ladder next time"

And if the ref gave a bad decision against Charlton or a player made a mistake it was "you got this down on your four aways Ref/Elliot"
  • Options
    I sit on my own in the H block. No idea whose around me really. Nothing desperately interesting happens though.
  • Options
    Bloke to my left passed away just before the ManUre match this season - was a great bloke, nickname 'rhubarb' as that was what he would shout at all and sundry, along with various 'un-PC' chants about members of the opposition....always used to shout 'leave one up Curbishley' at corners too... His daughter (who used to work at the club) took the ticket for the rest of the season...I've now bought it for my dad...bloke in front is on here I think as he has been at City Addicks meetings - sits with dad and is related to member of our board, both good guys (his dad hated Kish!). Bloke behind brings his two young sons who spend all game eating sweets and not sharing them round :-( Stairs to my right, great for stretching my legs...
  • Options
    Bloke behind me goes by the name of 'Col' is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet. He has been going since 1968 and we have got very friendly over the years. He does generate a lot of spittle, however, when he shouts & I always have to go home & wash my hair. When we score he throws his arms round my neck and squeezes so tight that I sometimes wonder if I am going to make it out alive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]CommentAuthorCarter Comment

Them guys are classic & do not stop all game, they make me & few of my lot look sober. They stood in front of us for a Carling Cup game, good lads they are.

LOL these blokes crack me up. Do you remember when they started singing Johnny Robinson when they were particularly pissed and some nutter a couple of rows down gave them a bit of verbal. They haven't sat near us since. I felt sorry for them, think it was a carling cup match?

That bloke john the rat is well funny. He calls the steward moses as he runs up the steps parting everyone out the way.