Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bloke Behind You thread

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
or to the side of you, or in front of you.

There is always that one person around you that is a little different from everyone else. He might sit reading the programme all game and not watch the action, he might shout out the same jokes every week, or pick on the same player. He might shuffle in 10 minutes late every week reeking of booze.

So what makes your favourite BBY unique ?

Comments

• Options
    The bloke to the right of me never turns up,and lets me have his season ticket for most of the season to give to others!madness!but true!
  • Options
    His daughter kicks me during the game. And they aren't Charlton fans.
  • Options
    He wasn't there last season, but the few season's before that the bloke to my right would leave at exactly 82 minutes into the match, every game. 90% of the time would have him muttering away about 'what a load of sh*t' as he was shuffling out....

I'm the loadest, most annoying person in my little section so i'm dreading something about me coming up !!
  • Options
    god im going to die if someone moans abou the three birds that leave early before half time, come back late and chat about knitting during the match.

but there was a twat in the north lower that i irritated me so much for a couple of seasons.
    The final straw was he started slagging off my beloved Deano in an anti irish manner... it pushed me over the edge and i gave him a clout to the back of the head and had to move stands!
  • Options
    There's a bloke behind me we call "Mixer" because he always shouts "get it in the MIXEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!" at every opportunity. He also refers to Matt Holland as "Media Darling" . "Well done Darling" he'll say if Matty makes a tackle.

One of his other favourite phrases (and I have some sympathy with him on this one) is to state loudly to anybody and everybody "27,000 mutes come on get behind the team!"

He's a character though and nobody can knock his commitment to the cause.
  • Options
    I dont want to talk about the current irritant sat behind me in case he reads this board then it coudl be very embarrassing. because if i described him he would know who he is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I dont want to talk about the current irritant sat behind me in case he reads this board then it coudl be very embarrassing. because if i described him he would know who he is.

oOOOOOOOoooohhh that's nice

Sidddaaaaannn ....
  • Options
    there's a bloke somewhere at the back of the upper west that always shouts out 'come on you rent boys' every match...
  • Options
    I sit next to the most lovely man, he says he is coming again next season to the same seat and I hope he will. However, the other side of the mate I sit next to are the 3 most racist, homophobic, unpleasant specimins of manhood I have ever had the displeasure to listen to. If they come back next season I will write to the club to sort them out, the comments they make are just disgusting and degrading and not even funny, and children sit right near us too and I would hate for them to listen to the bile they spout about Ambrose, ZZ, Elk and so on
  • Options
    i have the quiet and reserved sco behind me.

****waits for the 'you should be in the east stand' response****

daren't comment on the seats directly in front of me.

a few rows in front there is this kid who is so enthusiastic about singing/clapping, he spends most of the game facing us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I dont want to talk about the current irritant sat behind me in case he reads this board then it coudl be very embarrassing. because if i described him he would know who he is.

oOOOOOOOoooohhh that's nice

Sidddaaaaannn ....

ha ha not you. in fact I wish I was a bit nearer cos you dont always shout loud enough for me to hear. i have to ask the lads behind what you've just said that has everyone smiling.
  • Options
    The bloke behind me is MCS!
    The bloke in front of me is Dowman!
    The bloke to my left is My Dad!
    The bloke to my right is DJC3PO!

Basically I'm a rose between thorns ;-)
  • Options
    A few rows behind me there lives a chap who SHOUTS, whenever a oppo player is injured (whether they are injured or not its or a double leg break)

"GET UP YOU PHUCKIN TART"

It makes me laugh every time!!
  • Options
    There is a bloke who sits a row in front and a few seats along who is a proper wierdo.

Turns up 10 minutes into the game and always leaves at least 10 mins early.

He sits there in silence and then every now again comes out with some bizarre comment.

My favourites over the years :-

"Nobble him" - tackle him
    "Go on Muffin the Mule" - Encouragement for Jason Euell
    "Lovely bit of fish" - Mark Fish has just tackled a player

Funniest bit was my missus said that she saw him on our train to work and I never believed her and then a year or so ago I saw him in my local gym. Bizarre.

Seemed like a normal fella but a complete nutcase.
  • Options
    we've one bloke who will randomly start singing 'we can see you sneaking out' towards the away end, and everyone looks up and scans the stand for a couple of minutes seeing no mass exodus, before confusingly asking him where ? And he'll point out some bloke who looks like he's off to the loo....
  • Options
    Have a really annoying bloke behind me. He hears someone shout something out, then calls over to his mate 2 seats along from him and tells him the same thing that was shouted but as if he just thought of it himself. Plus his daughter keeps chucking her chewing gums under my seat!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i have the quiet and reserved sco behind me.

a few rows in front there is this kid who is so enthusiastic about singing/clapping, he spends most of the game facing us.

I am an annoying person to have behind you at a match, I admit it. I owe you lot a drink.

The person in front of you wound up behind you in one match last season though didn't they! Bit worse for wear? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i have the quiet and reserved sco behind me.

The person in front of you wound up behind you in one match last season though didn't they! Bit worse for wear? ;0)

hence the 'daren't comment' remark.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]a few rows in front there is this kid who is so enthusiastic about singing/clapping, he spends most of the game facing us.

Perhaps it explains this then - he's ready to catch you!
  • Options
    In the North Lower we had a guy in front of us we used to call "Twitchy" (god, I really hope it's nobody here!!!) because he used to be itching to get up and run to the front of the stand and abuse a player. I miss him now we sit in the North Upper! Now I have two young lads that sit next to me (makes me happy!!!) - one of them keeps me informed about how drunk he's been on previous weekends and tells me off for abusing Lisbie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sco and pbs do you sit in g block? my favourite is the young lad in the g block a few rows behind who loves it... always chanting.. maybe same kid
  • Options
    I like the three drunks. Carlsberg and Ketters know who I'm on about. Sit by the stairs at the bottom of J block. The ringleader wears a white away shirt with Pardew on the back.

And the girl who sits in J think it's the same row as us who has a mouth like a sailors parrot. She's quality
  • Options
    I used to sit behind a bloke in the North Upper who spent most of his time waving his glasses at the ref if he disagreed with the decision.
  • Options
    Not sure if there drunk, just bonkers.Sat next to them at a cup game a couple of years back.One of them is frightening, care in the community job, definitely.
  • Options
    lol, i know the ones you mean.
  • Options
    i think i no these chaps, is one of them an older bloke, with normally a fat bloke with gingerish hair, they used to sit in front of me in the F block in the old covered end, and everytime the fat bloke got up we all used to sing who ate all the pies! now they sit close to the bottom of the j block, and are very amusing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I like the three drunks. Carlsberg and Ketters know who I'm on about. Sit by the stairs at the bottom of J block. The ringleader wears a white away shirt with Pardew on the back.

And the girl who sits in J think it's the same row as us who has a mouth like a sailors parrot. She's quality

The Father of the Daughter who has the mouth like a sailors Parrot is my Favourite, he is just the other side of the Isle between myself in H with him in J Block, he is quality with the insults. Plus he gets all proud when his daughter launches into a torrent of abuse that would make me blush, he just looks at me and says 'Thats my girl' with a huge grin on his face.
  • Options
    for years over at welling there would be an old boy who would shout out 'bring on eleven subs' near enough every game.
  • Options
    For 15 years the bloke to my right used to shout obscenities every game in a drunken manner.

the bloke was my dad
  • Options
    Anyway, i have some interesting characters by me, i am last row so have nobody behind me, which is the reason i went to the back row.

Infront, as mentioned, ChaDan and his legendary Dad, an that bloke with black hair, thats receeding a bit but when its long its really boofy and he wears a black leather coat, is always lagg boat and can't sing in tune to any song, but is a legend and is totally charlton ardcore! Next to me, a kid who is about 21, he travels on his todd from romford, every game. top man he is. next to me the other side, is a woman prob about my age with her 2 boys, very nice girl, and the kids are both gibger, and they are sweet, except when one of them rips up his guts and stinks the whole area out!