Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options
    I posted this the Fans Forum update, but maybe its more appropriate here

Ironically this bonkers scenario isn’t uncommon here in Australia. The Australian Football Federation has owned clubs here in the effort to establish regional football clubs. Once they are viable, they get passed on to “new” owners.  I find it laughable myself but here things are a lot different in many ways including clubs not owning their own grounds. Is it possible that the Australian model also exists within Belgium and this is perhaps the nutbags reason for suggesting it
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

'The first seasons under Duchatelet Charlton finished 18th and 10th in the Championship. After two years of ownership without problems Charlton got too many injuries relative to its limited squad size. Results were poor. Fans started to criticise and then protest, sometimes during the games, which didn’t help. Charlton got relegated to League One.'

yep, all down to our limited squad size.

Ummmm for the record we finished 12th in 2014-2015. I'm very concerned that neither the OS or Roland knows that
    More lies..
  • Options
    Roland thinks his network players saved us from relegation under Riga. I wouldn't care too much what he thinks - reality is not something he suffers from!
  • Options
    Keeping an eye on this link will be interesting (Coventry City Forum) to see how other fans are taking it

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/roland-duchatelet-demands-efl-acquire-charlton.98063/
    I'm spending a lot more than 2% of my time wading through CL let alone another clubs forum!
  • Options
    I'm also spending more than 2% of my time on things Charlton. Let's hope the boss doesn't find out. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Nice shading
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

'The first seasons under Duchatelet Charlton finished 18th and 10th in the Championship. After two years of ownership without problems Charlton got too many injuries relative to its limited squad size. Results were poor. Fans started to criticise and then protest, sometimes during the games, which didn’t help. Charlton got relegated to League One.'

yep, all down to our limited squad size.

Ummmm for the record we finished 12th in 2014-2015. I'm very concerned that neither the OS or Roland knows that

Interesting that the statement on the website has now been amended!  Any other changes made to it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

re Foreign Owners - who know what is happening inside Roland's thick skull, but it would not surprise me if he thinks Australia is still a convict colony of the UK!

What we HAVE seen in the past is that Roland clearly uses the word "foreign" as a synonym for "non-white", especially people from Africa and the Far East, and in an anti-Muslim context when referring to immigrants to Belgium.

• Options
    Keeping an eye on this link will be interesting (Coventry City Forum) to see how other fans are taking it

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/roland-duchatelet-demands-efl-acquire-charlton.98063/
    Gave up on that link after reading “Not been expressed very well but I think somewhere in there he has a point”. 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    I hope this leads to something. Interesting to see them try to clean up the internet after this. 

Roland - you can have the right to be forgotten, but first you have to get out of our lives. You won't be forgiven. 
    They can't clean up the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47404351
  • Options

Gave up on that link after reading “Not been expressed very well but I think somewhere in there he has a point”. 
    Yeah, I think that poster really didn't get the context. It's almost as if Coventry weren't owned by tw**s who anyone might protest against.
    At present, jury is out on whether it was Charlton fans or Roland's other enemies using us as a smokescreen. Also, we're not protesting about him putting money in, we're protesting about him not understanding the need to be competitive in football and how he has spent the money he has put in. Total disrespect from Roland to anyone with any football knowledge.
  • Options
    A brief summary of Roland's talkSPORT interview has reached the Belgian press, but not yet seen anything there about his demand that the EFL buy the club.  https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2019-02-28/roland-duchatelet-blijft-de-charlton-fans-tegen-zich-in-het-harnas-jagen
  • Options
    One other thing. He’s blaming the EFL for changing the FFP rules, but isn’t it the case that the members changed the rules, and the EFL just enforces them. If he couldn’t convince a majority to stick with the old rules that’s not the EFLs fault. 
    But Katrien attended those meetings. Enough said.
  • Options
    Genuinely thought AFKA's opening post was a hoax.

RD has completely lost the plot.
  • Options
    Senpai said:
    Missed all this again !!!!

Belatedly, WTF ???

I refer m'luds  to my post on the FF minutes thread around midday  before this broke....a bit like RD.

"RD needs to be questioned by the EFL and his mental state reviewed in a new Fit & Proper Person's test."

And I feel pretty optimistic that this is already in the pipeline in some shape or form c/o those who put their names where their mouths are....

I have a strange feeling , maybe even a tingle, that this could be the start of something BIG....

...for our beloved football club.

Bring it on !!!!
    Can the EFL now declare RD unfit and if so do they have any power to actually do anything?
    Oh how I wish...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Un believable... 

Just ridiculous... no doubt it will go the way of the last insane outburst... 2 months of silence ahead and still we are no closer to selling. 
  • Options
    I woke up to find the story on the BBC online News! Charlton, in my morning news feed? What's going on. I had to wait until now to read the thoughts of Lifers and of course you were as astonished as me!

He's cracking! Now whether that's a good or bad thing, who knows, but as for being a fit and proper person to run a football club must now be in serious doubt. I don't even think he's sufficiently fit and proper to run a duct tape shoe repair business on thee streets of St Truiden!
  • Options
    He kind of hold himself together for the first half of that, but then you can almost see the images flashing in his mind of the graffiti, and those shadowy masked and wigged figures desecrating his properties (and those of his friends and friends of friends) and he totally loses the plot, more so than he ever has before.
    Make no mistake, he is on the ropes now. One or two more blows like on Sunday/Monday in the very near future will finish him off. 

It feels like those two parts were written by different people (or maybe the first part was checked by someone). 
  • Options
    If everything was fine for the first two years, what were 400 Charlton fans doing in Woolwich at a meeting in February 2015? Swapping train numbers?
    IIRC, freezings our balls off.