Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options
    Today for me, started out as just another dull Thursday in  February.
    Thanks Roland.
    He did have the good sense not to mention this drivel on Talksport. I’m sure you would have heard coffee coming out of the presenters noses hitting the mikes.

• Options
    Just finnished work in Finland, woooow

The EFL surely have to respond to this. 
  • Options
    He did tell us he was a visionary...
  • Options
    Are we allowed to swear now? 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    JaShea99 said:
    I see the club are now tweeting about the Upbeats in an attempt to deflect attention away from the statement. Disgusting and shameful exploitation.
    Unfair and untrue @JaShea99

The club regularly tweet about the upbeats and did so on Saturday.

They posted part one on Tuesday

and part two today

They were 21 tweets from the club today.  Only one was about the upbeats and one other was about the fans forum meeting
    I don't agree, it's too much of a coincidence and they have a history of it.
  • Options
    IF that has ONLY taken up 2% of his busy time, imagine just how stupid he really is!
  • Options
    Seems to be about this time every year that the 'club' issues a 'statement' and this one really surpasses all others.  How on earth did he get to be a multi millionaire?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goodluck to LDT next week, he might as well no show 😅
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Leuth said:
    Seems to be about this time every year that the 'club' issues a 'statement' and this one really surpasses all others.  How on earth did he get to be a multi millionaire?
    As someone with mild Asperger's, it seems to me that Roland has something similar, maybe slightly more pronounced. He's probably extremely good at one thing (selling electronics) and extremely bad at lots of other things (understanding people's emotions, understanding why FFP can exist one year and not the next, understanding that football is not a place of honour and you WILL lose cash in this wretched racket of ours)
    I have aspergers but you wouldn't see me come out with that.. What the actual hell 😅

Self control, he needs help.
  • Options
    I can't actually see how this will end now that RD has completely lost his marbles? A serious question is how would you negotiate with him?
    With security measures in place

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Too many threads spoil the broth;

”And the house of a friend of a friend” literally made me piss my pants.
    Ewww.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    “I think it would depend what happens on the footballing side more than anything now”

Quotes like this from CAST don’t help at all. The protests have never been about player performances. 
    Spot on mate.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I see the club are now tweeting about the Upbeats in an attempt to deflect attention away from the statement. Disgusting and shameful exploitation.

and part two today

They were 21 tweets from the club today.  Only one was about the upbeats and one other was about the fans forum meeting
    Who is they? You don’t believe that the team behind our Twitter account also wrote the post on official site today? I don’t see the issue with our twitter account posting a follow up article about the Upbeats
    They is anyone at the club who writes or publishes news on the official site or on social media. I'd imagine it was the same team, yes. There is no issue with posting about the Upbeats as a follow up. There is an issue with purposely timing a tweet about disability and charity less than an hour after what they knew would be a huge statement, as a smokescreen.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

and part two today

Who is they? You don’t believe that the team behind our Twitter account also wrote the post on official site today? I don’t see the issue with our twitter account posting a follow up article about the Upbeats
    Nor do I. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

and part two today

They is anyone at the club who writes or publishes news on the official site or on social media. I'd imagine it was the same team, yes. There is no issue with posting about the Upbeats as a follow up. There is an issue with purposely timing a tweet about disability and charity less than an hour after what they knew would be a huge statement, as a smokescreen.
    I think you are reading far too much into this. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Too many threads spoil the broth;

”And the house of a friend of a friend” literally made me piss my pants.
    Ewww.
    Don’t worry they’ll be flung on the pitch...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I really don't think he's malicious and never have. He's old and confused and self-important and hopelessly idealistic. He's gotten his fingers burnt and he doesn't know why his fingers are getting burnt because they told him the hob was off and it was ok to put his hands there, or at least that's what they seemed to be saying
    I've always felt this way as well, at least in how he runs the club (obviously made some malicious comments about fans/groups). But when it comes to the actual operations side I think he's just incompetent, confused, frustrated, and petty af. And he's got that weird, spiteful combination of really caring a whole lot more than he should, and not caring at all. 
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    Honestly Roland gets on my tits, I spend time trying to spoof him, then the bastard comes along with his own brilliant material that blows my stuff completely out the water! :open_mouth:
    Bloody ingrate!
    Anyway, his visionary idea is a bit like me buying a nice sports car, painting it shit brown, adding massive lime green spoilers, then having a go at tuning it, with the result it does 0-60 in a week and 2mpg. I then demand that the DVLA buy it off me, but I keep the tyres. And the engine.
    What a(nother) week to be a Charlton fan...

A bit harsh on yourself there mate.
    Some of your Saturday postings have been brilliant 
  • Options
    And can I buy the car for two grand