Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views; AFC Wimbledon v Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I have been impressed with Aribo since his return from injury. He was an excellent player before, but he seems to have found a bit more. 
  • Options
    Great win I think. Didn’t see much of it. Bloody dump
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Highlights here: https://www.skysports.com/football/afc-wdon-vs-charlton/report/393491

Bit strange from Pigott when he seems to say something to Dillon when they went 1-0 up

Shocking defending from Wimbledon for the winner
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Any details on what Bowyer did to get sent off?
    He was interviewed on BBC London and said the first yellow was for complaining, as the ref apparently told Solly, 'yes, you were fouled', but he didn't give it.
    He said the the second yellow was for saying 'well done'.
    Well, that obviously deserves sending off then. Ref was a complete numpty all game......about the only free kick he gave us was the one we scored from. I hope Naby tells Reeves that's how you take them. 

As for the match itself. As PP's have said.....poor 1st half & we only sparked into life once we scored no idea what Bowyer was thinking of with that line-up......playing the worst team in the league & we go 1 up top ?? I realise LB doesn't have many options, esp with Parker missing  But dear God start with your best 11 & go from there. Vetokele needs to partner Taylor in a front 2 with Lapslie dropping to the bench & Fosu in for Marshall. 

Can't say too much else about the game.....awful terracing means you don't get too see much of the opposite goal.....especially when the sun is in your eyes or glinting off the dug outs. Also a clock telling the paying supporters how long is left would be good......just hope that is the last time we have to go to that poxy ground.

Only thing that matters is that we got 3 points, which was 2 more than Donny & Pompey and 3 more than Peterborough. Next 2 are mustn't lose games.....then we are into the final stretch.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    On the piss. Up the Addicks

allez allez allez 
    Where's the flag button when you need it!
    Wouldn't have been any use James you couldn't flag a mod they were immune IIRC 😏
  • Options
    In the video looks like bowyer does say something mild like well done but love how aftee he gets sent off you can clearly see him call the ref a fuckng wanker hahaha lee lee lee bowyer!!!
  • Options
    I was standing right behind him, Bowyer defiantly said a few more select words than ‘well done’ 😂
  • Options
    View was worse than normal and the air was filled with a foul putrid shitty smell.
    That said a win is a win!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Jinx broken! Good second half, their keeper made two excellent saves before we got the winner. I enjoyed it despite the sun in the eyes throughout, Wimbledon fans were decent after what was a kick in the cobblers defeat. Nice to meet @Covered End
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Great day, worst ground we get to visit in this shit league but a late winner and beers with @AFKABartram, @clb74, @Covered End, @blackpool72 and @raytreacy69 made for a good day, scenes at the end, onto Donnie next week allez allez allez....
    Nice to meet you se7
    Beers on @ElfsborgAddick next Saturday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the piss. Up the Addicks

allez allez allez 
    Uh oh, urine trouble now! 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Any details on what Bowyer did to get sent off?
    He was interviewed on BBC London and said the first yellow was for complaining, as the ref apparently told Solly, 'yes, you were fouled', but he didn't give it.
    He said the the second yellow was for saying 'well done'.
    Well, that obviously deserves sending off then. Ref was a complete numpty all game......about the only free kick he gave us was the one we scored from. I hope Naby tells Reeves that's how you take them. 

As for the match itself. As PP's have said.....poor 1st half & we only sparked into life once we scored no idea what Bowyer was thinking of with that line-up......playing the worst team in the league & we go 1 up top ?? I realise LB doesn't have many options, esp with Parker missing  But dear God start with your best 11 & go from there. Vetokele needs to partner Taylor in a front 2 with Lapslie dropping to the bench & Fosu in for Marshall. 

Can't say too much else about the game.....awful terracing means you don't get too see much of the opposite goal.....especially when the sun is in your eyes or glinting off the dug outs. Also a clock telling the paying supporters how long is left would be good......just hope that is the last time we have to go to that poxy ground.

Only thing that matters is that we got 3 points, which was 2 more than Donny & Pompey and 3 more than Peterborough. Next 2 are mustn't lose games.....then we are into the final stretch.   
    Golf we can lose the next 2 games and we will still make the play offs.
    Been saying for a couple of weeks it's a 3 game season at most for us now
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I thought we looked more dangerous when Lapslie came off. Williams and Aribo took up the slack and Fosu gave us more offensive bite.
    I’m thinking that the likes of Fosu and Vetokele may be better suited coming off the bench moving forward.  Vetokele because I don’t think he adds enough over 90 mins, and Fosu because of his pace when the game is stretched 
    So we start off toothless and change to a team that genuinely threatens the opposition's goal in the second half?
    That’s quite a jump based on what I said.  With regards to those two individuals I was saying that it may be they’re more effective from the bench, as opposed to starting.  Fosu has been very poor this season, and I don’t think Bowyer fancies him, but it may be that from the bench he has more of an impact.  Vetokele im just not sure about given all the injuries he’s had and given we only got one half a season out of him when he looked really good, do we know if he is good enough?  

My friend who is a dons fan said we passed the ball well today and he felt that Wimbledon tired a lot toward the end because of it.  It may be that our game suits their presence from the bench 
  • Options
    That's dreadful.
  • Options
    So @Blucher is a better man than me!