Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Banned after Accrington

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Take it those saying it is right would be saying that those throwing pigs and crisp packets on the pitch or going on there after the Burnley game should also be banned? Would not surprise me.

Complete lack of common sense and lack of proportionality.  Go on there and threaten a player etc fair enough but celebrating a last minute winner in a tense match ffs.  Can see how damp squib bores are applauding this banning of fellow fans and the old suited morons that run the game insist on it.

The club is run by morons and is lucky it has any fans at all left.  The EFL need to pay a bit more attention as to who they approve to run English football institutions.  

Pathetic club at times with some reall dull followers.
    I think it was brilliant. But if you go on the pitch, you are removed and I think usually get a ban. Nobody is talking about anything other than that.

Also, we're relying on second and third hand information here. And it's worth noting that we don't know how long they've been banned for. If it's for life, completely agree, that's ridiculous. If it's until the end of the season, I would say yeah fair enough. 

Again, it's a brilliant moment. But contained within it is a great reason why it's not legal, you could injur a player, even if it's unintentional. I feel like you have the whole cause and effect right there. As with bad tackles, the idea that "nobody got hurt" is not usually the best way to uphold the law. 

Also, it's not clear what choice, if any, the club has in this. So for all the things we hate them for, it might be worth having a more thorough understanding of the situation. 

Again, if it's a lifetime ban or multi-year ban I'm with you, it's silly. But again, I just think the cause and effect here are pretty straightforward. 

just seen from one who has been banned that its only for the rest of this season.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I mean, you can't run on the pitch or you'll be banned. This is a known. It was a great moment of celebration but for all the dumb rules and laws in the world, this is one that makes sense, it's for the players' (and fans') safety, in case, ya know, you kick one in the bollocks!
    Safety? Really, who was in danger in this instance. There have been numerous instances of it happening at other clubs this season and nothing happens. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    I mean, you can't run on the pitch or you'll be banned. This is a known. It was a great moment of celebration but for all the dumb rules and laws in the world, this is one that makes sense, it's for the players' (and fans') safety, in case, ya know, you kick one in the bollocks!
    Safety? Really, who was in danger in this instance. There have been numerous instances of it happening at other clubs this season and nothing happens
    How do you know??

The club have not announced this and have seemed to have dealt with it behind the scenes.

Other clubs probably do the same, so you cant say for certain that no other club have banned fans for running onto the pitch this season
  • Options
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    Safety? Really, who was in danger in this instance. There have been numerous instances of it happening at other clubs this season and nothing happens. 
    Bielik's bollocks!!! 
  • Options
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:

Krystian Bielik looked in quite a lot of danger !

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    Bielik's bollocks!!! 
    Plus Bielik himself will be in trouble...

a few more kicks in that region and he'll be in deep trouble if he ever tells a missus he cant have kids
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Take it those saying it is right would be saying that those throwing pigs and crisp packets on the pitch or going on there after the Burnley game should also be banned? Would not surprise me.

Complete lack of common sense and lack of proportionality.  Go on there and threaten a player etc fair enough but celebrating a last minute winner in a tense match ffs.  Can see how damp squib bores are applauding this banning of fellow fans and the old suited morons that run the game insist on it.

The club is run by morons and is lucky it has any fans at all left.  The EFL need to pay a bit more attention as to who they approve to run English football institutions.  

I think it was brilliant. But if you go on the pitch, you are removed and I think usually get a ban. Nobody is talking about anything other than that.

Also, we're relying on second and third hand information here. And it's worth noting that we don't know how long they've been banned for. If it's for life, completely agree, that's ridiculous. If it's until the end of the season, I would say yeah fair enough. 

Again, it's a brilliant moment. But contained within it is a great reason why it's not legal, you could injur a player, even if it's unintentional. I feel like you have the whole cause and effect right there. As with bad tackles, the idea that "nobody got hurt" is not usually the best way to uphold the law. 

Also, it's not clear what choice, if any, the club has in this. So for all the things we hate them for, it might be worth having a more thorough understanding of the situation. 

Again, if it's a lifetime ban or multi-year ban I'm with you, it's silly. But again, I just think the cause and effect here are pretty straightforward. 

just seen from one who has been banned that its only for the rest of this season.
    Which, if true, I say yeah fair enough. 

It doesn't make them bad people, and I really hope this doesn't mean they have a criminal record--and if they do or if there are consequences that go beyond football then I would probably change my mind. So if I'm being naive here or if there are consequences I don't know about, I apologize. But a, ten-ish match ban for running on to the pitch? That doesn't strike me as super unreasonable. 
  • Options
    west ham have banned fans for pitch invasions. some banned for over 3 years. they were pitch invasions rather than a quick celebration in the corner of the ground. often in the lower leagues fans jump over to celebrate with the players. always thought it was fine as long as you jump back over quickly and dont do anything out of order. (goading the opposition players or fans etc) 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:

It doesn't make them bad people, and I really hope this doesn't mean they have a criminal record--and if they do or if there are consequences that go beyond football then I would probably change my mind. So if I'm being naive here or if there are consequences I don't know about, I apologize. But a, ten-ish match ban for running on to the pitch? That doesn't strike me as super unreasonable. 
    If they’ve just been banned by the club then there will be no criminal record stuff. Would need police/court action for that and it doesn’t sound like the case here.

A 10 game ban isn’t the end of the world (still think a letter in the post or a telling off in person would have been sufficient unless their is prior history that suggests a harsher punishment is required). 

Hope they are allowed to go to Wembley if we get to the playoff final. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:

You don’t get a criminal record for being banned from a football ground. No trial, no verdict or sentence. No record. 
  • Options
    Based on this persons twitter feed on the subject someone called Mark Anderson hass been banned for the rest of the season.

Top fella he is

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    Bielik's bollocks!!! 

Hilarious, but supposed he'd been a bit lower down and broke his ankle, wonder what the reaction to that would have been on here?
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    SDAddick said:
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    Bielik's bollocks!!! 

Hilarious, but supposed he'd been a bit lower down and broke his ankle, wonder what the reaction to that would have been on here?

And what would have happened if a Pig had hit a player in the eye and blinded him????

The ban is ridiculous and as others have pointed out, why haven't both the Burnley fans and Charlton fans who invaded the pitch got bans (if it was actually the FA making them do it etc)

• Options
    May be nearly getting on the pitch whilst the match hasn’t finished is considered a worse offence than entering it at the end of the game .

was it this game where a fan was jumping around the penalty area at the end of the game 
  • Options
    May be nearly getting on the pitch whilst the match hasn’t finished is considered a worse offence than entering it at the end of the game .

was it this game where a fan was jumping around the penalty area at the end of the game 
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Based on this persons twitter feed on the subject someone called Mark Anderson hass been banned for the rest of the season.

Lucky guy
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    SDAddick said:

Bielik's bollocks!!! 

Completely agree. Or even slightly lower and you catch him in the knee and he does his ACL. Or the fans slip because they don't have studs and it's wet out, and they crack their head open.

I know, there's a lot of silly health and safety stuff. And to some extent I imagine this is perfunctory. I'd be curious if this is an automatic ban, who decides it, etc. But I do think there's a good reason for these rules being in place. 

se9addick said:
    SDAddick said:

If they’ve just been banned by the club then there will be no criminal record stuff. Would need police/court action for that and it doesn’t sound like the case here.

A 10 game ban isn’t the end of the world (still think a letter in the post or a telling off in person would have been sufficient unless their is prior history that suggests a harsher punishment is required). 

Hope they are allowed to go to Wembley if we get to the playoff final. 
    JamesSeed said:
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:

You don’t get a criminal record for being banned from a football ground. No trial, no verdict or sentence. No record. 
    Cheers to both of you, glad there's no record or anything. It's a good point @se9, a letter might well have sufficed here and I didn't really think about that. Completely agree about Wembley.

The whole thing just feels like one of those challenges where you've gone in, yeah you've gotten a bit of the ball, but your fall through was out of control and you've wiped the man out in a dangerous way. Kind of like Kightly's booking on Saturday. Could the ref let you off with a warning? Yeah, he could. But you also can't really argue for being booked.

Again, se9 makes a couple very good points. Maybe the lads will be able to meet with the club/league representative and have it reduced, I'd be all in favor of that. My initial point was, these rules are in place and I think there's a good reason for it.
  • Options
    Next goal scored in front of the covered end,all on the pitch in support of the banned fans,I blame Karlan Grant !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There would of been a few bans flying about if that pen had gone in at peterborough
  • Options
    You can be banned from all football ground for entering the playing area.
  • Options
    blackpool72 said: Next goal will probably be scored by Blackpool. 
    I ain't celebrating that. 
    Charlton72 said:
    why not it's who you support isn't it 

• Options
    Next goal scored in front of the covered end,all on the pitch in support of the banned fans,I blame Karlan Grant !!!
    You won't get over the barriers
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I think a warning that a repeat would be an automatic 1 year ban would have been more sensible to those concerned and everybody else. Everybody would know the score!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    You won't get over the barriers

What barriers? Im on the bench!!!