Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 2019

Comments

• Options
    talk about bunched
  • Options
    What a ride by Geraghty. Looked well beaten turning in. 
  • Options
    Had three of the front five when they were three from home... :-(
  • Options
    Brilliant ride by Geraghty. Looks like it might be a bad day for the bookies.
  • Options
    Barry Geraghty winning a Cheltenham handicap?! That's it, I'm checking the sky for pigs.
  • Options
    I've bet on every race and not had one winner... Avoid Paisley Park at all costs. I have it dowbled up woth Chelsea win tonight at 6/1
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Brilliant ride by Geraghty. Looks like it might be another bad day for the bookies.
    :)
  • Options
    A Toi Phil 5th at 20-1. I'll take that as a mini boom 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    am doing the skybet freebie on Defi Du Seuil

Sorry everyone.
    Investing some of the winnings on  Sire Du Berlais 
    er.... investing some of the winnings on Storyteller and Balko des Flos e/w
    And a little on Footpad win.
  • Options
    Wow, what a performance by both horse and jockey. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frodon!!
  • Options
    Absolutely love Bryony Frost. Finally a winner.
  • Options
    Great ride
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Had Frodon, Aso and Road To Respect on my shortlist. Went with Frodon and Road To Respect.

Was just about ready to kick myself for dropping Aso and picking the 2nd and 3rd...
  • Options
    Paisley Park 3.30 and River Wylde e/w 4.10
  • Options
    Didn't have a bet in the race, as I thought that there might be four or five vying for the lead, setting it up for something from behind, but that was one of the greatest performances that I've ever seen at the festival. 
  • Options
    There was a time, when female jockeys started to compete at the top,  I would openly admit to referring to them on most occasions as a "sack of potatoes". I have no wish to be condescending but for a few years now the best lady jockeys have been right up there. But the likes of Katie Walsh, Rachael Blackmore and Bryony Frost have taken things to another level and I would defy anyone to say that any male jockey could ride or have a better understanding with a horse than Byrony does with Frodon.

The biggest compliment is that they are just jockeys now and it would be good for more of them to get more rides especially as, for every horse that needs pushing and shoving (not that Bryony isn't capable of doing that), there are the ones that just need a gentle touch to get them home. 
  • Options
    Ok, I watch Cheltenham for the sheer drama and only bet occasionally.The Ryan air was a great race and had all the drama and excitement and a happy ending that soap operas can only dream about.

I thought Bryony Frost's words were superb.

• Options
    That was a cracker
  • Options
    Came out of nowhere. Just missed out on the place on Bapaume...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Came out of nowhere. Just missed out on the place on Bapaume...
    Advised with bookies for the extra place! So I'm lucky enough to have kept on with that.

But Paisley winning ante post for me is... Oh man, I can't believe it! Best ante-post book I've ever had!
    Don’t have that luxury unfortunately. The bookies have long since kicked me out!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Paisleys acceleration before the last hurdle was incredible.
  • Options
    How many figures we talking here Paddy?
  • Options
    80 still left in ITV 7 coming up to the 4.10
  • Options
    Don't worry I'm just nosey.

Another fantastic ride this time from Lizzie Kelly.
  • Options
    Missed out on place winnings by one horse again there. Ouch.