Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 2019

Comments

• Options
    There was a time, when female jockeys started to compete at the top,  I would openly admit to referring to them on most occasions as a "sack of potatoes". I have no wish to be condescending but for a few years now the best lady jockeys have been right up there. But the likes of Katie Walsh, Rachael Blackmore and Bryony Frost have taken things to another level and I would defy anyone to say that any male jockey could ride or have a better understanding with a horse than Byrony does with Frodon.

The biggest compliment is that they are just jockeys now and it would be good for more of them to get more rides especially as, for every horse that needs pushing and shoving (not that Bryony isn't capable of doing that), there are the ones that just need a gentle touch to get them home. 
    Oh and I should have added Lizzie Kelly to that list
  • Options
    Missed out on place winnings by one horse again there. Ouch.
    You've defo been screwed over then, not being able to find a bookie that pays 5 places. Literally all of them did I think!

So I'm happy to collect lol
  • Options
    Lol what was that? No legislating for a 50/1 shot winning, unless you're a genius. Which I am not.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Lol what was that? No legislating for a 50/1 shot winning, unless you're a genius. Which I am not.
    Crazy that any runner from the Mullins stable is able to go off at 50/1, especially in a mares' race that he has dominated. He also had the second at 66/1!
  • Options
    Noel Fehily in tears on TV announcing his imminent retirement
  • Options
    29 winners share the 300k for the ITV 7
    another 250k up for grabs tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    A nibble at 2 in the Kim Muir potentially to cause a shock (or not, if yesterday's offerings are anything to go by - caveat emptor):
    • Uhlan Bute 80/1
    • Rogue Angel 33/1
    Good luck all.

I see Peanuts, I see handicap chases, I follow.

Also, I've found it very difficult to pick apart the Kim Muir (like every year), so this is welcome!
    I think I should limit myself to 29f+, like Rogue Angel needs to  :/
    Apologies folks.
  • Options
    Just under 4 Points down today . 26 points up for the festival 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    A nibble at 2 in the Kim Muir potentially to cause a shock (or not, if yesterday's offerings are anything to go by - caveat emptor):
    • Uhlan Bute 80/1
    • Rogue Angel 33/1
    Good luck all.

I see Peanuts, I see handicap chases, I follow.

Also, I've found it very difficult to pick apart the Kim Muir (like every year), so this is welcome!
    I think I should limit myself to 29f+, like Rogue Angel needs to  :/
    Apologies folks.
    you always gotta back Venetia's horses over the longer distance races .. Aso has won a good few quid for me, and he won a few more today .. have £1 E/W on Yala Enki in the big un tomorrow .. you never know ((:>)  
  • Options
    Sky have reduced there odds on the 1.30 dramatically for tomorrow and are not offering best odds guaranteed. I think they got stung today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky have reduced there odds on the 1.30 dramatically for tomorrow and are not offering best odds guaranteed. I think they got stung today. 
    100%
    Quel Destin is 9s and 10s across the board.....9/2 with SkyBet
  • Options
    Best odds everything with us and you can have whatever you want on (up to £3.65 of course!).
  • Options
    Toughest day of the festival in my opinion, so I've tried to pick out some EW value 

1.30- Authorizo EW
    2.10- Mr Adjudicator EW & Leoncavallo EW
    2.50- Commander of Fleet EW
    3.30- Al Boum Photo EW. 
    4.10- Shantou flyer EW
    4.50- Not Another Muddle EW
    5.30- Defi Bleu EW

EW Yankee

Not Another Muddle
    Commander of Fleet
    Leoncavallo
    Defi Bleu   
  • Options
    Gold Cup - Invitation Only (EW)
  • Options
    Their current book is 140% but, as it is a free bet, there is still a lot more value than guaranteed odds for a loser which, of course, 13 of the 14 runners will be!
  • Options
    We're on our way on our way
    To the festival we're on our way  
  • Options
    Enjoy mate. So snowed with work I’ve not managed to look at the runners for a single race this week, let alone watch one. Peed off
  • Options
    £20 Sky bet on Pic D'Orhy...at 6/1 earlier this morning and is now 9/1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoy mate. So snowed with work I’ve not managed to look at the runners for a single race this week, let alone watch one. Peed off
    Darren's driving as we're staying overnight & onto Rovers tomorrow.
    Delayed start as had to go back home as forgot his coat.
    Can't get the staff these days. 
    🔙
  • Options
    Have a great day.
  • Options
    For the free £20 sky bet just tick the sp box. 
  • Options
    Darren's driving as we're staying overnight & onto Rovers tomorrow.
    Delayed start as had to go back home as forgot his coat.
    Can't get the staff these days. 
    🔙
    Coat 
    It's shorts ant t shirt weather 
  • Options
    For the free £20 sky bet just tick the sp box. 
    Or wait until 10-15 mins before the off, they will surely be matching odds around 1.15 
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Toughest day of the festival in my opinion, so I've tried to pick out some EW value 

1.30- Authorizo EW
    2.10- Mr Adjudicator EW & Leoncavallo EW
    2.50- Commander of Fleet EW
    3.30- Al Boum Photo EW. 
    4.10- Shantou flyer EW
    4.50- Not Another Muddle EW
    5.30- Defi Bleu EW

EW Yankee

Not Another Muddle
    Commander of Fleet
    Leoncavallo
    Defi Bleu   
    Picked up on some of yours, @Gravesend_Addick, your choices have served me well so far. Good luck to both of us.

• Options
    Thistlecrack
    Just for the name
  • Options

Good luck all today, getting involved first race £20 on Sir Erec , £10 on Paddy's tip Pic D'Orhy @ 9/1

Regardless betting tokens for other races when its loses cashback off.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Got a winner on Tuesday, one place on Wednesday and yesterday.

On that basis please avoid like the plague:

1:30 Adjali 8-1 (7 places)

2:10 Mr Adjudicator 6-1 (10 places)

2:50 Stoney Mountain 11-1 (10 places)

3:30 Elegant Escape 8-1 (8 places)

4:10 Road To Rome 5-1 (6 places)

4:50 Gino Trail 8-1 (10 places) 

5:30 Doctor Dex 16-1 (10 places)
  • Options
    all e/w in a Trixie/patent

1.30 Quel Destin, 2.50 Dinons, 3.30 Al Boum Photo