Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whitstable restaurants

12346»

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Always enjoy a trip to Whitstable. It is similar to Leigh on Sea in how I would bracket my time and experiences there (food/drink/walks/locals). 

They always show Charlton games in the pubs,with sound, so let's not batter the place!! 

The only negative for me is how downhill Pearson's Arms has got over the years. It's regular customers are now loud teenagers and few older wideboys. Not sure what's happened there?
    Pearsons is one to be avoided now, full or aggro and the layout means you are always having to move out of someones way. 
    The Naval in the highstreet got a refit and is our new favourite pub. The Smack is also a good shout on a sunday.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Naval is a great "local"....Friendly Landlords too. The upgrade has worked wonders for me but there were a few disgruntled old legends at the time. 
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    mendonca said:
    Always enjoy a trip to Whitstable. It is similar to Leigh on Sea in how I would bracket my time and experiences there (food/drink/walks/locals). 

They always show Charlton games in the pubs,with sound, so let's not batter the place!! 

The only negative for me is how downhill Pearson's Arms has got over the years. It's regular customers are now loud teenagers and few older wideboys. Not sure what's happened there?
    Pearsons is one to be avoided now, full or aggro and the layout means you are always having to move out of someones way. 
    The Naval in the highstreet got a refit and is our new favourite pub. The Smack is also a good shout on a sunday.

Got a mate who lives there, told me the Wall Tavern that was always having trouble/fights/drugs etc, its now closed down and become a Thai restaurant.

Maybe the regulars have moved to Pearsons? 

• Options
    Off to Bubble now...maybe a few in the Twelve Taps. 
  • Options
    Am off to Samphire in a couple of weeks. Ship Centurion still my fave pub down there.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    tom_k said:
    mendonca said:

Got a mate who lives there, told me the Wall Tavern that was always having trouble/fights/drugs etc, its now closed down and become a Thai restaurant.

It closed down way back.....at least two years ago.
  • Options
    Personally I like Whistable and also Sandgate.

• Options
    Fantastic walks 
  • Options
    Fantastic walks 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    tom_k said:
    mendonca said:

Took my Mrs on our first date to The Wall (after meeting in The Ship the week before), basically because it had a car park next to it.

Know how to treat a lady, me.  Shocked I got a second date.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tavern said:
    Personally I like Whistable and also Sandgate.

Broadstairs is very pleasant.
  • Options
    Had a nice few beers in Ship Centurion. Friendly folk in there and highly impressive toilet upgrade!!