Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whitstable restaurants

Comments

• Options
    Oh and The Old Neptune about 6ish.  On the Beach.

And I think the Ship has music Sundays too.
  • Options
    The Old Neptune, which is on the beach has music from 6 ish on Sunday.
    There is also a bar in the harbour which I believe has music in the afternoon.
  • Options
    Thanks.  Was planning to get the train back about then... not sure we'll manage it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Dukes used to start earlier, about 3 I think.  Not sure if it still does.

Same with the Harbour Garden Cafe which Bournesnr mentioned 
  • Options
    Went to the Sportsman yesterday and really enjoyed it. Food was excellent and liked the fact they dont really care about how the pub looks, makes it far less stuffy than a lot of those restaurants.
  • Options
    Don't go in the rose and bloom in Seasalter Road... Wife had plaice and boiled pots the other week and they turned up with chips instead. When they said is that OK and the wife said no, they just shrugged their shoulders. 
  • Options
    Loads of places up and down the main road. 
  • Options
    Sir Peter Cushing is good £8.99 for steak and a pint on Tuesdays.
    Peter Cushing lives in Whitstable
    I have seen him on his bicycle
    I have seen him buying vegetables
  • Options
    Sir Peter Cushing is good £8.99 for steak and a pint on Tuesdays.
    I have seen him on his bicycle
    I have seen him buying vegetables
    He don't care about Colonel Gaddafi,
    He's having a fag down the Tudor cafe....
  • Options
    And later he'll have a dram in the Handsome Sam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't go in the rose and bloom in Seasalter Road... Wife had plaice and boiled pots the other week and they turned up with chips instead. When they said is that OK and the wife said no, they just shrugged their shoulders. 
    They must have known your username!

On a serious level, I hope you got a freebie on the wrong meal.
  • Options
    They must have known your username!

On a serious level, I hope you got a freebie on the wrong meal.
    No we just paid and left. They even tried to overcharge us. Not recommended. We went in there about 5 years ago when we visited. On this occasion they did something similar to somebody else's meal. The girl just lifted the fish and pie with her bare hands and swapped them about in full view of a bar full of people.

We were told the management had changed and came highly recommended.  God knows what the other pubs were like.
  • Options
    Every where and everything is now overpriced in whitstable
    Which is a shame as used to be great
    Even a friend who moved there 10 years ago moved away this year
  • Options
    Well I like it and will continue to do so.....always have and always will. :D

• Options
    Trains are definitely overpriced.
    Living near Bromley south station it is cheaper for me to get a train into London Victoria and down to brighton than it is Bromley south whitstable 
  • Options
    Compared to where? Not sure how cheap you expect everything to be. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Everywhere is expensive now on the coastlines of The UK.....How that makes Whitstable a less pleasant place I don’t quite understand.....it’s no less a pleasant place, it’s not changed as a result.........it’s just unfortunately more expensive.
  • Options

I have always liked Portsmouth.  Mr & Mrs Elfsborg were here yesterday, opposite Gunwharf Quays.
  • Options
    Well I like it and will continue to do so.....always have and always will. :D

I’ve lived in Whitstable for 12 years and still enjoy living here. 
  • Options
    I have to say Whitstable's change was well underway if not sailed away by the noughties.  Sure there's overpriced crap that's trickled out from Notting Hill, but the micropubs are great and the top 3-4 restaurants are excellent and well worth their price.

I like it, although I always avoid it in the heart of summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When is the Oyster fest? I must mark it in the calendar so do not end up in Whitstable that weekend inadvertently.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    When is the Oyster fest? I must mark it in the calendar so do not end up in Whitstable that weekend inadvertently.
    Two weekends time 
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    I have to say Whitstable's change was well underway if not sailed away by the noughties.  Sure there's overpriced crap that's trickled out from Notting Hill, but the micropubs are great and the top 3-4 restaurants are excellent and well worth their price.

I like it, although I always avoid it in the heart of summer. 
    Never really gets that busy and it's easy enough to drive there and park. Brighton is a hellhole in the summer.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    mendonca said:
    Two weekends time 
    Do the oysters come from whitstable or are they still brought in
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    mendonca said:
    Two weekends time 
    Do the oysters come from whitstable or are they still brought in
    The oysters are from Whitstable. 
  • Options
    Born & bred in whitstable & lived in many of the pubs sadly I believe quite a few are houses now , not been down for about 10 years or so but I here updates from old friends & it’s certainly changed since the 70s/80s all sounds very posh!
    does armins son still run the ship? I always thought his name was hermen (the German)
    his dad & mine were friends & id like to see him if he’s still there (his son not armin rip)
  • Options
    Born & bred in whitstable & lived in many of the pubs sadly I believe quite a few are houses now , not been down for about 10 years or so but I here updates from old friends & it’s certainly changed since the 70s/80s all sounds very posh!
    does armins son still run the ship? I always thought his name was hermen (the German)
    his dad & mine were friends & id like to see him if he’s still there (his son not armin rip)
    Yes Armin's son Roland runs the Ship Centurion. I often go there to watch football but tend to go to other pubs with the wife.
  • Options
    Senpai said:
    Yes Armin's son Roland runs the Ship Centurion. I often go there to watch football but tend to go to other pubs with the wife.
    It’s a great pub, with a very varied and interesting clientele, has a relaxed atmosphere too.
    And it has Erdinger on draft.....yeeehaaa!
  • Options
    Was in the Ship on Friday.  Lovely pub.
  • Options
    A couple I know took over The Plough a few months back. Seems to be going from strength to strength