Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Wimbledon : 15/12/18

Comments

• Options

5 points made up on Pompey in a week.

Most noticeable for me is level on points with Peterborough. They were cruising ahead of us at one point and Steve Evans seems to have had his usual mid season quadruple helping of apple and blackberry crumble with two gallons of custard
  • Options

Taylor is the most I’ve loved a Charlton player since Andy Reid. Proper class.

Last player off, ran round all sides of the ground and clapped everyone and all with a big toe about to fall off. Class.
  • Options
    You have outLeuthed me. I can't even
  • Options
    Dreadful weather - freezing cold and pouring rain. Thought Sarr being sent off on 38 seconds for his first touch of the ball was silly. Should have been booked. We looked comfortable with 10 men and AFC Wimbledon offered little. Honour was restored on 32 minutes when Barcham got his marching orders and the game improved in the second half.

Thought we looked good TBH. Had we had 11 on the pitch throughout we would have won this by a wider margin.

Beginning to feel pleasingly optimistic.
  • Options
    Does he have Xmas off?

I can never remember the red card rules now - Is Sarr banned for three games or just the one?
  • Options

Dreadful weather - freezing cold and pouring rain. Thought Sarr being sent off on 38 seconds for his first touch of the ball was silly. Should have been booked. We looked comfortable with 10 men and AFC Wimbledon offered little. Honour was restored on 32 minutes when Barcham got his marching orders and the game improved in the second half.

Thought we looked good TBH. Had we had 11 on the pitch throughout we would have won this by a wider margin.

Beginning to feel pleasingly optimistic.

Pinnock was sent off. Ref did him a favor as he looked knackered after about 10 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    For those of you who didn't go to Blackpool but were here today who saw the rain today and thought it was bad (and it was bad) I can tell you last week rain was twice as bad.
  • Options

Still don’t see that the Sarr challenge was a red card, watched the sky footage about 5 times.

Wasn’t kettle’s call though he asked the Lino and Lino was sure. Can’t do much more as a ref in that situation.

The conversation could have been along the lines that crickeet umpires use, " I thought that was a red card challenge, did you have a view that would make me change my mind? In that situation the lino would probably say I have no conclusive evidence to overturn your decision" or something along those lines. So it doesn't have to be a what do you think sort of conversation.
  • Options
    David Haye would throw a fight for that toe
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Does he have Xmas off?

I can never remember the red card rules now - Is Sarr banned for three games or just the one?
    I doubt very much he will be allowed time off, he just wont play matches. When Danny Mills got himself sent off to avoid playing at christmas, but he was on loan and his loan period was over during his ban.
  • Options

Does he have Xmas off?

3 games for a straight red for violent conduct
    1 game for 2 yellows
    1 game for a professional foul
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Does he have Xmas off?

I doubt very much he will be allowed time off, he just wont play match3s. When Danny Mills got himself sent off to avoid playing at christmas, but he was on loan and bis loan period was over during his ban.
    No he of course wont get any time off due to keeping up training / match sharpness - I purely meant in terms of having to actually play in matched
  • Options
    Reeves was fantastic until they went down to 10.

Didn't see Ajose first half but thought he had a good second, running into intelligent position and provided the final ball that no-one else could. Should have got something on the ball when the keeper came out though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Jacko?
  • Options
    robroy said:

Jacko?
    Yeah true. I guess I mean appreciation of quality more than anything else. Jacko is a legend of course.
  • Options

robroy said:

Jacko?
    Yeah true. I guess I mean appreciation of quality more than anything else. Jacko is a legend of course.
    Yann?
  • Options

robroy said:

Jacko?
    Kermorgant ?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

robroy said:

Jacko?
    Yann?
    Enjoyed him but didn’t love. Too rugged maybe.
  • Options
    Me and Len disciples of Curbs
  • Options
    It’s shows the lottery that league 1 is, last seasons promotion contenders Bradford, Scunthorpe, Plymouth & Shrewsbury are in relegation trouble, I’m stunned that Luton are doing as well as they are, watched them a few times in league 2 and thought they were very average