Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pitcher - RIP

Comments

• Options
    Tragic news, so young. My deepest sympathies to his loved ones. RIP Darren.

I was at Ewood Park. It was a proper away day out. One of my all time favourite Charlton days. Thanks for the memories Pitch.

• Options
    The generation that brought football and pride back to the Valley
    RIP
  • Options
    So shocked to read this.

RIP Darren
  • Options
    Terribly sad news, RIP Darren
  • Options
    R.I.P Darren Pitcher. Shocking news
  • Options
    Never forget ewood park. RIP
  • Options
    Really sad news. RIP Darren and thanks for the memories
  • Options
    Oh my god..that's awful..condolences to his family RIP
  • Options
    Omg such sad news! Thoughts go out to his family and friends RIP Darren
  • Options
    That is terrible news, so sad and so young. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. Like many on here, the memory of that away trip for the mid week replay against Blackburn, and his goal viewed from the upper tier of the stand at the opposite end, remains very vivid; it ranks alongside the FA cup match at Bristol City in ‘94 and has the same feel about it.
  • Options
    R I P.
  • Options
    RIP Darren. Thanks for the wonderful memory of that Blackburn goal!

Those kind of moments live forever.
  • Options
    Shocked to hear this. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Terrible - 49 years old - terrible - his family will devastated - I always thought he would go into great things, but his knee injury put paid to that - RIP and thank you for the memories - he couldn't half put a strong tackle in
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Utterly shocked by this news RIP Darren.

As others have said the over riding memory was him scoring the goal at Blackburn, even though it was at the other end to where we were. I think @bolloxbolder may have other memories getting back to the car post match celebrations though.

I was only telling the Sweaty Balmer/Kenny Dalglish story over the weekend.

RIP Charlton hero.
  • Options
    R.I.P Darren.Fantastic memories especilly Ewood park.What a night thanks mainly to Pitch's amazing stike.
  • Options
    What absolutely awful news. RIP Darren
  • Options
    RIP. I never saw him play but have heard many good things about him. Tragically young.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Dear o dear sad news

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. RIP Darren.
  • Options
    So sad. Darren was my hero too.
    Its made my day so horrible and depressed.

As an aside, i think most people at work cant open Twitter, so will not be able to open the OP link, but this is minor in comparison to the news.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Utterly shocked by this news RIP Darren.

As others have said the over riding memory was him scoring the goal at Blackburn, even though it was at the other end to where we were. I think @bolloxbolder may have other memories getting back to the car post match celebrations though.

I was only telling the Sweaty Balmer/Kenny Dalglish story over the weekend.

RIP Charlton hero.

I wasn't at the game mate.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I have an over riding memory of Darren having not been at the back to the Valley game or Blackburn cup game. It was a cold wet midweek game i believe against Palace. Darren was midway in our half facing away from our goal towards the covered end. The ball came to him and he totally miscued it, so it ballooned up into the air and behind him. Fortunatly it wemt to our keeoer who caught it. Much to the bemusement of all the referee called it a back pass and gave a free kick. Its the only back pass free kick i can recall us giving away .. not necessarily a memory Darren would like i m sure but it makes me smile. RIP DP

Kelvin Morton
  • Options
    Such sad news, condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP Darren.
  • Options
    Desperately sad. RIP Darren. Thoughts with family and friends. Thanks for so many memories.
  • Options
    Shocked and saddened. It doesn't seem that long ago I was talking to him at Bromley Addicks, perhaps 2/3 years ago.
    His goal at Blackburn, followed by one of my mates dancing on the pitch and being chased by a steward, is a Charlton highlight.

RIP Darren, 49 is far too young to be taken.