Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley | Sat 20 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think if @Redhenry is correct (and he usually is) about our defence I fear we may be in for a hiding. Hope I’m wrong.
  • Options

My first trip down to the valley this season. Blimey I don't half pick em. Bow has been clear on how important crowd can be, hope they give us reason to get behind them. Anyone know how many Barnsley are likely to bring?
    Living in hope ...2-1 to the Charlton

According to their assistant manager they are bringing between 1,500 to 2,000 which is great support
    However this is Seb's 1000th successive game I believe.
  • Options
    To be fair, we were the better side against both Scunny and Coventry so it isn't so much form but mistakes that are the problem.
  • Options
    3-0 win. 2 OGs and one off the bum. Streaker at 71 minutes followed by 5 minute ironic applause for Roland Two-Chalets
  • Options
    Would love a lucky goal to get us going.
  • Options

Would love a lucky goal to get us going.

Fosu shot from outside the box, comes off the heels of Lindsay and goes in the opposite corner, 1-0.

Can see it already :wink:
  • Options
    We have fogotten that the ref tomorrow is James Liningotn the same thief against Peterborough. I just hope he won't be a thief tomorrow.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

My first trip down to the valley this season. Blimey I don't half pick em. Bow has been clear on how important crowd can be, hope they give us reason to get behind them. Anyone know how many Barnsley are likely to bring?

According to their assistant manager they are bringing between 1,500 to 2,000 which is great support
    I thought it was the Doncaster home game but may be wrong
  • Options
    redman said:

seth plum said:

I thought it was the Doncaster home game but may be wrong
    Yes correct, like Seth I too thought it was tomorrow

• Sponsored links:

• Options

A month ago I would have had a solid home win by 2 goals. But, the slump in form has no real foundation, and I fail to see why we should be better than the last three leauge games. Point at best, but defeat and Barnsley scoring three is my fear.

God I hope I'm talking bollocks !

Which you usually do.........................................................................only joking!
  • Options

This will be tough. Think Barnsley will be this years Wigan and with our weak defence this could be a long afternoon. 3-1 to Barnsley with us never in contention.

I'm worried about this one and fear you are not far wide of the mark. First game missed at The Valley for me as we are away in Dorset for a few days (hope to be back for Mr Robinson's return). Think the team is a little imbalanced; I know we can score but we are also shipping goals far too easily for me. I'd take a score draw and 3 points on Tuesday, although knowing Charlton it will probably be the other way round!
  • Options
    I'm going for a 0-0 . Barnsley are a tough proposition but I cant see it being a goal fest - The opposite in fact.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately I won't be there .. be interesting to see how they play under their German manager .. I hope that it's not as well as Huddersfield and Liverpool under their respective Germans (yes I know Hudds are having a hard time but look at the past two seasons)
  • Options
    We are gonna get a kick in the goolies aint we?

0-2 Ta'barnslay
  • Options
    The guys at work have been taking too keen an interest on us over the past two games and lumping money on us to win, with the inevitable outcomes. I’ve told them this is a really tough one today and to not chance it. 4-0 to charlton now they haven’t jinxed us
  • Options
    So demoralising going to a game expecting to lose.
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one. Although hoping for a Taylor masterclass to win it for us.
  • Options
    Igor Vetokele is absent after suffering a minor knock in training on Thursday.

Charlton: Steer, Solly, Bielik, Pearce, Dijksteel, Cullen, Ward, Aribo, Reeves, Grant, Taylor. Subs: Phillips, Sarr, Pratley, Fosu, Ajose, Lapslie, Marshall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kinda glad that Ward is back in place of Fosu as think pass the ball rather than running at Defences suits our formation for the majority of the game

Surprised Lee has stuck with Dijksteel and Solly on the flanks rather than Solly and Sarr
  • Options
    looks like a 3-5-2, with Dijkstil right CH, Solly and Reeves wing backs to me.
  • Options

I think if @Redhenry is correct (and he usually is) about our defence I fear we may be in for a hiding. Hope I’m wrong.

Sorry I knew the fullbacks and assumed same again
  • Options
    Going for 2-0, Grant both goals.