Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley | Sat 20 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Worry we are starting to look too lightweight and flimsy in the middle and at the back. Only Pearce is frightening (and to be fair, he is very frightening on is day). With Reeves playing well we need some more cloggers, muscle and battlers to keep some balance and shape and win the ball back.

We're missing a Cousins or even a Poyet in front front of defence.

This could be 0-0 or 5-3 or most likely 1-2.

Or not.
  • Options
    Scrappy 3-1 win, with our 3RD in injury time!
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted

Just to show that at least one person reads your preview- Jamie Ward is on loan from Nottm Forest - do I get the prize ?
  • Options
    I will say this. We are one of the teams who definitely can beat Barnsley. We do have a lot of quality in the side.
  • Options
    Fook me!! Are we talking Barnsley or Barcelona????
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted

Just to show that at least one person reads your preview- Jamie Ward is on loan from Nottm Forest - do I get the prize ?

FFS!! Cheers for spotting
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted

It should be mandatory for every preview to have a deliberate mistake in it for others to try and spot first
  • Options
    Tough ask to find that winning feeling against these lot. I’d love the 3 points, happy ish with a draw and wouldn’t be surprised at a loss. We’re not a top 2 team. They are. Nailed on 3-1 win us!! COYR’s!!!
  • Options
    0 - 3
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    It's going to be ok.

We'll go 3-0 down to a 1st half hat-trick. We'll get one back just before half-time to give us a ray of hope that we might not be totally embarrassed. Then Barnsley will miss a penalty (skying it into the away end) and hat-trick man will crazily get himself sent off for verbal. We'll seize the moment and come pouring forward towards a sparsely populated Covered End and everything we hit will go in. We'll win 5-3. A Barnsley fan on the train back to London Bridge will rip his programme into shreds in disgust/anger!

No, I didn't think any of that would happen in 1985 either.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d normally be quite confident but we are on a bad run and that Coventry lapse may still be in the minds. On form Barnsley should give us a good seeing to given the fragility of our defence. It’s got all the makings of a 5-4 but who too? Having said all that it will probably be a 0-0 bore fest.
  • Options

I think as a team we have been more fragile than we should be for a few years. A losing position tends to end in a loss and a winning position often tends not to finish as such. I support Bowyer and have faith in him but he has to address this. I think there is a decent chance Barnsley are the best team in the league which is an opportunity for a decent team ( at this level) with balls to get a confidence boosting result. I predict a 2 nil defeat.:(

Not sure that's entirely fair. Considering we won 4 and drew 1 in September. And it's not as if after conceding, we wilt and go on to lose easily. Most of our games have been pretty close.

What often happens is that we score first, but then concede. After that sometimes we score a late winner, sometimes we concede a late winner. Indeed late goals at either end seem to be a pattern of our games this season.
  • Options
    I am talking over recent seasons, not a few games.
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted

It should be mandatory for every preview to have a deliberate mistake in it for others to try and spot first
    Then there would be 2 mistakes a week!
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted

Then there would be 2 mistakes a week!
    Cheers for the vote of confidence there Canters ;)
  • Options
    The same back four starts again....
  • Options
    My last Valley game for the season.
    Is there a better reason for a 0:0..?
  • Options
    My first trip down to the valley this season. Blimey I don't half pick em. Bow has been clear on how important crowd can be, hope they give us reason to get behind them. Anyone know how many Barnsley are likely to bring?
    Living in hope ...2-1 to the Charlton
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    this will be tough, judging on the efl highlights I’ve seen of Barnsley. I reckon we’ll get something, but there will be some ups and downs. 2-2 Taylor and Ward to make up for that missed chance vs Cov. COYA!

Ref MOTM and to receive a standin ovation from all four stands after a masterly performance. Next stop the champions league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Yes, I missed it! It was on my wedding day. I planned that one well!
  • Options

My first trip down to the valley this season. Blimey I don't half pick em. Bow has been clear on how important crowd can be, hope they give us reason to get behind them. Anyone know how many Barnsley are likely to bring?
    Living in hope ...2-1 to the Charlton

According to their assistant manager they are bringing between 1,500 to 2,000 which is great support
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

The same back four starts again....

Ah, not good news.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Great finish for the first goal. The Barnsley goal was a quality strike too!
  • Options
    Spoke briefly to Lapslie earlier, asked if he was starting. Most 'in the know' I've ever been.
  • Options
    I don't know!
  • Options
    Another 3 points and the start of a winning run. 3-1. Igor, Taylor, Sarr
  • Options
    This will be tough. Think Barnsley will be this years Wigan and with our weak defence this could be a long afternoon. 3-1 to Barnsley with us never in contention.
  • Options
    A month ago I would have had a solid home win by 2 goals. But, the slump in form has no real foundation, and I fail to see why we should be better than the last three leauge games. Point at best, but defeat and Barnsley scoring three is my fear.

God I hope I'm talking bollocks !